DVDVR Message Board

YES. It was a seamless upgrade.

DEAN

Awesome - so I started a reply in a thread and then got distracted and browsed other sections of the board for a good 10 minutes. 

Went back to the thread, clicked reply to start it again and what I had typed was still saved.

• Like 1

Is there a way to remove the ad banner at the top of the page for the mobile version? It's screwing up the format of the page(the banner goes across the whole page while the rest of the page is shrunken down. 

2 hours ago, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

Yeah, none of these skins work for me.  As in, they all look like breakfast cereal to me.  I miss my black 'n blue skin.

I made the NISE BLACK AND BLUE but it kinda got away from me.  I'll try to beef it up with more manliness tomorrow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MADCAP said:

Is there a way to remove the ad banner at the top of the page for the mobile version? It's screwing up the format of the page(the banner goes across the whole page while the rest of the page is shrunken down. 

It was working fine until the fucking FIOS ad showed up

So it was more the ad breaking it than anything on the board

The old mobile site was set up where when you clicked on a thread it automatically took you to the last unread post. That doesn't appear to be happening with the new mobile site. Is that something that will be fixed or am I stuck sifting through 19 posts I have already read to get to post 20 that is new since I last checked the board?

I've two questions:

1. How do you clear saved things? I tried replying in the DC Movie Thread yesterday making a mess of things. There's boxes of quotes without the text in them and they're still there.

2.  I haven't spotted the rubber option we had when you can change something in a different font to the one used on the board. 

Thanks.

EDIT: Think I solved #2 as when I pasted something I typed in Microsoft Word, it asked me if I wanted to remove formatting. I did and the text turned into the font used here.

In regards to #1 - if you can't just straight delete stuff (especially when dealing with quote boxes) - I have found that if you click on the little source button (top left of the reply box) it flips it into basically text mode and that makes it easier to delete

For #2 - the is a button that is a letter T with an x next to it. That is the remove formatting button. Select whatever you want and then hit that button (it is next to the eyeball)

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

In regards to #1 - if you can't just straight delete stuff (especially when dealing with quote boxes) - I have found that if you click on the little source button (top left of the reply box) it flips it into basically text mode and that makes it easier to delete

For #2 - the is a button that is a letter T with an x next to it. That is the remove formatting button. Select whatever you want and then hit that button (it is next to the eyeball)

Cheers pal!

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

@RIPPA: You need to get rid of that, mate! If that button is there, then it means that people can enter code, which is putting your site at massive risk. I can't see it on my toolbar, which suggests that it's not something that regular members can see, but if @The Natural can see it, then there's something wrong. You can check the settings by going to Members > Groups, then clicking on the pencil icons for the different groups and confirming that the setting "Can post HTML?" isn't set to on.

(It might be that Natural is not seeing the source text on the toolbar but has instead spotted the cross cursor which appears on the top left of a quote box when you hover over it. Clicking on that and then hitting delete is the correct way to delete the quotes.)

9 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

@RIPPA: You need to get rid of that, mate! If that button is there, then it means that people can enter code, which is putting your site at massive risk. I can't see it on my toolbar, which suggests that it's not something that regular members can see, but if @The Natural can see it, then there's something wrong. You can check the settings by going to Members > Groups, then clicking on the pencil icons for the different groups and confirming that the setting "Can post HTML?" isn't set to on.

(It might be that Natural is not seeing the source text on the toolbar but has instead spotted the cross cursor which appears on the top left of a quote box when you hover over it. Clicking on that and then hitting delete is the correct way to delete the quotes.)

I did the latter. Ctrl and right click. I'm rubbish with PC's. Thanks for the help.

If you all didn't notice - the board finished it full optimization so all the old tags, videos, images, etc... seem to work again (the ones that were in old posts)

• Like 1