DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2013: Week 1

Dolfan in NYC

Nothing like waking to find yourself down 75 points in fantasy.---Boy, there are going to be a lot of tired and annoyed people a work. Just when did that game end?

Yeah, I'm one of those folks.  Opponent had Manning AND Welker, so I'm 71 pts down.  However, he has Gronk as his only TE on the roster, so I'm curious if he just takes a zero, or drops one of the 4 WRs or 3 RBs on his bench?

Woke up this morning to see Peypey got me another TD while I was sleeping. Felt like this:

Same here. It's awesome looking at the scoreboard, realizing it's only Friday, and I'm already up 89 points.

• Like 1

Peyton in one money league and Julius Thomas in the other (and I started him!).  Life is GOOD!

Silly me, but the league I have Peyton and Demaryius in is a money league, but I didn't bother to look at how much the dues were until today because I figured it would be around $20 or $25.

One-hundred motherfucking dollars. Last time I respond to a buddy asking me to join a league at the last minute because they had an opening. I need Peyton to play like this every week because if my wife finds out I blew $100 on fantasy football she'll have my nuts in a sling.

• Like 3

Looks at Week 2 scheduleDenver @ NY GiantsFuck....

We'll try to soften up Griffin a bit for you, so they're down to Grossman by the time they get to your guys.

Not sure that anyone noticed, but there was a "sequel" commercial to the Shroud Of Montana Super Bowl Ad during last night's game, wherein the Niner fan husband is using Tide to wash a replica jersey of every Ravens opponent this season (starting with a Broncos jersey last night) as he begins a season-long campaign of rooting for every Ravens opponent out of spite.

You know, just like me, only with a bigger jersey budget. 

Whoever wrote those commercials really does know a 49er fan in their life.

• Like 1

In case anyone weren't yet convinced that Chris Kluwe is awesome.

The Raiders are going to suck anyway this year.  They should've kept him as the punter on principle instead of cutting him, even if there was a better punter out there.

I dunno. It wouldn't exactly be NEWS that the Raiders' franchise is a giant shit-show, but they probably don't want their punter tweeting about it on a daily basis.

And then having it brought up by the announcers every time he comes out to punt, which, for the Raiders, is going to be quite often.