DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2013: Week 1

Dolfan in NYC

The Eagles comment section makes me want to shoot Eagles fans. All of them.

Well we all want to do that anyway. . . .
Hell, Eagles fans want to shoot Eagles fans.

Nobody wants to see us on the streets...

Also, RIPPA, could you please put back your old avatar, the guy facepalming.  It was always so apropos to your NFL posts.

The guy was Mark Henry

Sweet sweet beloved Mark Henry

• Like 1

Apparently the weather isn't so bad that we allow their NBC Sports guy to hang out with metal umbrellas like fucking Ben Franklin

I am surprised they need a hologram Ray Lewis for their celebration since for the last year all we heard was that he could walk on water like Jesus. 

Apparently the weather isn't so bad that we allow their NBC Sports guy to hang out with metal umbrellas like fucking Ben FranklinI am surprised they need a hologram Ray Lewis for their celebration since for the last year all we heard was that he could walk on water like Jesus.

Better he got to be Number 1 in the 32 count down

I wonder what the weather is like for the Orioles game.

78 and cloudy, apparently. Camden Yards is empty.

Well its not like the NFL is traditionally played on two days of the week, that other sports can schedule around. . .Fuck the NFL and its Thursday kickoff bullshit, not that we don't all love it, but to put this on the Orioles is absurd. . .

Are the Ravens on the road due to a scheduling conflict with the Orioles or something? 

Yes that's exactly what it is. The NFL asked for the Orioles to move the game to another time besides the evening, but it did not happen. As speculated elsewhere, it may have been MLB putting the screws to the NFL since they rarely get to do such things anymore.

Are the Ravens on the road due to a scheduling conflict with the Orioles or something? 

Yes that's exactly what it is. The NFL asked for the Orioles to move the game to another time besides the evening, but it did not happen. As speculated elsewhere, it may have been MLB putting the screws to the NFL since they rarely get to do such things anymore.

What "putting the screws" to? The NFL doesn't care.

And for that matter, what exactly would MLB and the Orioles' motivation to reschedule be?

I wonder what the weather is like for the Orioles game.

78 and cloudy, apparently. Camden Yards is empty.

Well its not like the NFL is traditionally played on two days of the week, that other sports can schedule around. . .Fuck the NFL and its Thursday kickoff bullshit, not that we don't all love it, but to put this on the Orioles is absurd. . .

Wasn't there some kind of religious excuse for not playing the NFL or O's game on Wednesday?

Wasn't there some kind of religious excuse for not playing the NFL or O's game on Wednesday?

The NFL said they couldn't since it was Rosh Hashanah, even though I thought I read somewhere that they've played during it before, and technically it's still Rosh Hashanah right now...

The NFL said they couldn't since it was Rosh Hashanah, even though I thought I read somewhere that they've played during it before, and technically it's still Rosh Hashanah right now...
Bit of a difference between playing during and playing on the start of

Orioles had a game Wednesday and a doubleheader in the middle of a pennant race is dumb. They also didn't want to push the game to 1 PM because...well, I don't know why. The issue is that Camden Yards & M&T Bank Stadium share the same parking lot. If they weren't right next door (like they also are in Philly or Pittsburgh), then this probably wouldn't have happened.