DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2013: Week 1

Dolfan in NYC

Why don't teams do this to pay for stadiums? I would think that it would be easy enough to release only enough to generate a hit load of cash, but not a controlling interest, and be a great way to lure in the dumbshits that lurk in the shadows of every fanbase.

They're not allowed to.  The Packers are grandfathered in but NFL bylaws prevent other teams from doing it.

Too bad,  the entire league should be able to scam people like that. . . LOL

I know people that still own pieces of the damn turf that they boxed and sold, the Packers have some dumb fans.

Also, this:

Out of the four teams in this division, the Giants are least likely to do anything aggressively stupid, like shout out racial epithets at a country music concert, or send RGIII out onto the field to die, or employ Tony Romo.

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2013-new-york-giants-1245071776

The one tangible constant in this thread is that Detroit is the place no-one fucks with.

Everytime you post something like this I just imagine you and Les Gold standing on the Detroit/Windsor border sharing a beer and telling tourists to "make a move" or get lost.

Also, go Saints!

http://culturecrossfire.com/sports/football/dynasty-denied-mike-holmgrens-green-bay-packers-part-2-titletown-once-again/#.Uih75z8iy2APart 2 of my look at the Green Bay Packers covers Holmgren's final four seasons and how all four could have potentially ended in Super Bowl glory and what went wrong.  We finish with a postmortem on how both Holmgren and The Packers were worse off without the other.

Someone please bring Slotman back so I don't have to run this again!

That is why one year I just ran it via ESPN's pick'em dealie

Slotman isn't around now since he is overwhelmed with school. I checked in with him via Facebook over the Best of the 90s and he hasn't even had a chance to register for the board yet.

If this is enough arguing to put you off, you should probably avoid these threads for the next four months...

To be honest, in the past I usually just ignore those arguments and that works for me. So does putting certain people on ignore.

Anyway, today at practice for the Eagles, Riley Cooper and cornerback Cary Williams got into a heated disagreement. Of course the media is trying to spin it one way but I think Riley got mad that Williams was too physical with him on a pass attempt. At least someone was filming so the media can't say it was all due to Riley and his bigoted ways.

That's just cold.

Well, Mike Greenberg said that he has Seattle and Indianapolis in the Super Bowl.  Never mind PIGEON POWER!  But that rank bastard has put his hex on the Colts!  Eff him with a rusty chainsaw!  Andrew Luck is going to break both legs and be forced into early retirement, I just know it!  *bursts into tears*

The Eagles comment section makes me want to shoot Eagles fans. All of them.

Well we all want to do that anyway. . . .
Hell, Eagles fans want to shoot Eagles fans.

Nobody wants to see us on the streets...

Also, RIPPA, could you please put back your old avatar, the guy facepalming.  It was always so apropos to your NFL posts.

I am trying to be a good Panthers fan this year, but other games are usually more entertaining.

Aww come on - week one is gonna be a good one.  And after that...well...you can always just drink a lot.

It's that time again.  Time for DVDVR posters to start blaming the return of football for RAW's low ratings. 

Sweet, precious Lucifer. The Dolphins are coming for that 8-8 record.  Beware.

Are the Ravens on the road due to a scheduling conflict with the Orioles or something? 

BTW - The NFL moved up the start time of the Skins/Eagles Monday Night Game.

It is now apparently starting at 6:55 pm.

Clearly they don't want anybody to go to work on Monday since you have to leave at around 1to make good time for that hellhole of a stadium

The Riley Cooper/Corey Williams "fight" is a perfect example of how awful sports broadcasting has become.  If you listen to ESPN constantly talk about it, you would think that at any moment a race war is going to explode over the city.   Desperate for TV  time I guess since Tebow is cut

Still think it is weird to see CBS and Fox hype their stuff on NBC.