DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2013: Week 1

Dolfan in NYC

Stupid NFL schedule.  Texans don't play until 9:20 Monday night.  Latest possible start time.  Hopefully the Chargers give up like 20 special teams touchdowns like they did that one time against the chiefs on the late Monday Night opener a few years ago. 

This is Brian Hartline, Cat Lover.

Posted Image

Welcome back NFL!

This picture made me do the research to determine that, surprisingly, he's not single, fellas.

As long as he does OK as a bye week replacement/flex for me in Week 4.  We will be A-OK with me.  Feline aficionado or not

In honor of NFL kickoff week, I wrote a commentary on why Mike Holmgren's Packers should have been one of the greatest NFL squads ever and what went wrong. Part one also covers the glorious run of Lombardi and the dark days for Green Bay that went on from 1968 until 1992. culturecrossfire.com/sports/football/dynasty-denied-mike-holmgrens-green-bay-packers-part-one-the-dark-days/#.UiXYwT8iy2A

Let me know what you guys think. Not sure how many Packer backers are roaming about here  ;)
  • Like 1

This housing situation I'm in, while we wait for my wife's new job/transfer to go through, sucks. It's been THREE months since I've had DVR/extended cable and I'm going into a new NFL season without DirecTV/Red Zone/Sunday Ticket.

/First World Problems

Mike Holmgren's Packers would never be one of the all-time greats because of Mike Holmgren and Brett Favre. So yeah, fuck the Packers. The amount of reverence shown to that franchise is fucking ridiculous. If the NFL were a family, the Packers would be the weird uncle who joined a cult and talks endlessly about chemtrails at family functions.

Indianapolis has cut rookie TE John Boyett after he assaulted a cop over the weekend and while being arrested screamed "You can't arrest me, I'm a Colts player"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000237531/article/colts-cut-john-boyett-after-arrest-on-multiple-charges

Texans sign Brian Cushing to a six year extension ($55.6 million, $21 million guaranteed). 

Posted Image

Not bad for a guy coming of ACL surgery (and known to headbutt opposing players while they're wearing a helmet and he is not).

He'll be awesome.