DVDVR Message Board

So.... the board will be upgraded

RIPPA

17 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Yep I got it. It also does a notification when someone quotes you, which I have no issue with since I don't post that much anyway.

You'll come to dread posting this

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

It's currently rebuilding some of the backend stuff, like posts and threads and whatnot. 

Ok, cool. Now, how the hell do I unlock threads that I locked minutes before the board fell into the void?

Either use Moderation Actions on the bottom right

OR

When you clicked on the box next to the thread you were moderating - it should have opened a black menu on the bottom of your screen

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

OR

When you clicked on the box next to the thread you were moderating - it should have opened a black menu on the bottom of your screen

For some reason, the "Moderator Actions" aren't showing up for me. I'm sure it was just an oversight.

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

OR

The only thing I'm seeing under either is Unpin/Pin and Delete. No Lock and/or Unlock.

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Hmm... I will keep looking.

I wonder if they changed what a moderator was able to do

1 minute ago, Michael Sweetser said:

I wouldn't be shocked if there were changes to the permissions settings.

So yeah, if that's the case, you guys may want to check in at about 2-3 AM EST after every major UFC event. Just giving you the heads up.

17 hours ago, Pete said:

All we need is the "new content" link back...

It won't be coming back. It was removed with version 4.1 and replaced with activity streams instead. These are configurable, though, so you can replicate the View New Content if you wish to.

Here's a video which explains how to do it. If it doesn't seem to work here, it might be because the video relates to things introduced in version 4.1.9 of the software, which was released yesterday, so it might be that the DVDVR update took place a little bit too soon to have these new features:

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

It won't be coming back. It was removed with version 4.1 and replaced with activity streams instead. These are configurable, though, so you can replicate the View New Content if you wish to.  

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Here's a video which explains how to do it. If it doesn't seem to work here, it might be because the video relates to things introduced in version 4.1.9 of the software, which was released yesterday, so it might be that the DVDVR update took place a little bit too soon to have these new features:

I dig the Activity thing a lot more than the New Posts thing because I can actually read everything as I scroll.  I didn't realize that Batman was ripping us all apart. 

There are currently two places to read unread content

1) Underneath search bar there is a newspaper looking icon that says "unread content'

2) Go into your settings. Manage Followed Content and you will see a "view unread content" in there too

Though I should have just left it at one size since you big babies don't like MY THEMEZ~!, I switched the ads to "responsive" (which I previously unaware of)- so when they kick in, they should no longer crush you iPod or whatever.