DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] GREAT 8: AJ STYLES vs. BAYLEY

RIPPA

MM16: Great 8: AJ STYLES vs BAYLEY  

129 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

Emma and Asuka combined have 1 really good match on their resume for the entire year. This is the stretchiest of stretch arguments.

I just don't see how Bayley is better than Kana/Asuka. Like, Bayley has good matches, some of which were against workers who aren't especially good, but most of them aren't, like, terrible or anything, and I don't think her stuff vs Alexa, Carmella etc. is something that would rank in a top 100 matches of 2016 if I did one of those. I'd say whad adds most to her case is actually the series of matches he had before the first Sasha banks, Her matches vs. Emma, Charlotte and Becky were all really good. I don't think she's done much since in an environment in which she is super protected I'd say it makes more skill to carry Cameron and nameless faces to good matches than it does to have something entertaining vs. Eva Marie when you have a short match with the absolute perfect overbooking. But I also don't have much emotional investment over wrestling in 2016 and I especially don't have any for NXT so. Vote for what makes you happy.

AJ Styles is a wrestler I guess.

And the Emma squash matches could be argued as "it's really easy to have a good squash match when you just do stiff shit and kick the other persons ass"

No actually, it's not. Violence is just a tool. One I happen to appreciate a lot, but you can work "stiff" and still bo terrible at the wrestling, like, I don't know........Davey Richards. And just working stiff doesn't mean you're going to make a control segment the most compelling thing in the world.

Come on, DreamBroken. Love and tolerate the next MM winner.

I thought she should've went out two rounds ago, but cannot see any way that she should go over Sasha.

I don't think Bayley will win. The Sasha contingent is strong, and by the final, the spite contingent may be stronger.

• Like 1

The best argument for Sasha is that after doing nothing on the main roster for months, she came out from the back at Fastlane and was instantly important and impactful and made everyone remember why they were so behind her six months before. The best argument against her is that whole "doing nothing on the main roster for months" bit.

The best argument for Bayley is that she's the best babyface Ace champion WWE's had in years and years, I'd argue seven or so. Despite it being what created multiple booms, WWE rarely goes with a babyface on top for long anymore. It's refreshing to see one that's earnest and likable come out and win against the odds again and again. WWE was never a chase territory.

And the Emma squash matches could be argued as "it's really easy to have a good squash match when you just do stiff shit and kick the other persons ass"

That formula got Brock to the elite 8.

• Like 1