DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] GREAT 8: AJ STYLES vs. BAYLEY

RIPPA

MM16: Great 8: AJ STYLES vs BAYLEY  

129 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

I don't have time to make my full argument, so I'll just make a potentially contentious statement instead: The Divas Revolution doesn't happen without Bayley as the face anchor.

Yeah, AJ was good, but Bayley was good, has far better character work, and has kept the women's division alive after the mass call-up.

• Like 2

I don't have time to make my full argument, so I'll just make a potentially contentious statement instead: The Divas Revolution doesn't happen without Bayley as the face anchor.

Yeah, AJ was good, but Bayley was good, has far better character work, and has kept the women's division alive after the mass call-up.

The only person critical to the "Divas Revolution" is Charlotte. Without her, Triple H doesn't give a fuck about women's wrestling.

• Like 1

The only person critical to the "Divas Revolution" is Charlotte. Without her, Triple H doesn't give a fuck about women's wrestling.

I love how JohnnyLaw thinks his statement was contentious, yet it's Charlie M with the actual contentious statement.  I'd like to think the plans were in place to make something out of the division before Charlotte.  The Women's title tournament had some good matches and I'd say they were building off of that before Charlotte even made TV.  So yes, I would like to believe HHH did give some kind of a fuck about women's wrestling before Charlotte.

I don't know, I feel like he got a bunch of people in there who could make her look good and groom her along the way. What ended up happening was they developed their own followings and characters but look at Charlotte's push on the main roster compared to many NXT acts. He protects her in a way he doesn't protect anyone else and we know that because Ric is a blabber mouth on his podcast.

AJ had a great year.

Bayley had one of the best years ever AND helped make women's wrestling relevant to many viewers who couldn't give two shits in 2014.

Bayley gets my vote here for sure.

AJ had a great year.

Bayley had one of the best years ever AND helped make women's wrestling relevant to many viewers who couldn't give two shits in 2014.

I like Bayley, a lot, though it may not seem that way after the past week. But stuff like the bolded is just beyond me. She's a neat character with some nifty matches but c'mon now. Maybe if we qualify it with best year for an American woman, sure! But even then Sasha has her beat.

• Like 4

While Charlotte is getting the big push (which obviously they're going to give to a Flair), I think it is worth noting they're saving Bayley for her own individual call-up.

Bayley was supposed to get called up with the other 3 this summer, but she had the misfortune of being injured during that period. The injury was probably a higher power's way (if you believe in such a thing) of preventing her from getting involved with that debacle.

AJ had a great year.

I like Bayley, a lot, though it may not seem that way after the past week. But stuff like the bolded is just beyond me. She's a neat character with some nifty matches but c'mon now. Maybe if we qualify it with best year for an American woman, sure! But even then Sasha has her beat.

It's odd that people are saying that about Bayley. Her year was phenomenal, and she may be one of the better character babyfaces we've had in quite awhile, but she is no Sasha Banks. If I had watched more stuff outside of WWE, I'd probably try to make a case for Sasha as the WOTY last year.

• Like 1

Should it happen, I think Sasha v. Bayley largely comes down to A) matches vs. character (even if you rate them equal participants in their matches, Sasha has the Becky match) and B ) Bayley's championship reign vs. Sasha's mostly background work in Team BAD.

Bayley is the third best female WWE wrestler in the voting period, but the bronies would have you believe she is responsible for Sasha's success?  Get the hell out of here.

It's a testament to The Boss that an entire division has become overrated in her wake.

AJ had a lot of good matches, but I never really cared about who won or lost any of them. Bayley is just better at the things I enjoy more in my pro wrestling.

Bingo. That's my response to people "not getting the hype."

• Like 1

The Bayley hyperbole is perhaps the worst thing about this tournament.  She is the third best female WWE wrestler in the voting period, but the bronies would have you believe she is responsible for Sasha's success?  Get the hell out of here.

So Bayley's fans are bronies? Come on now...

Using that logic, AJ's fans are homophobes.

Dig it.

• Like 3

The Bayley hyperbole is perhaps the worst thing about this tournament.  She is the third best female WWE wrestler in the voting period, but the bronies would have you believe she is responsible for Sasha's success?  Get the hell out of here.

So Bayley's fans are bronies? Come on now...

Using that logic, AJ's fans are homophobes.

Dig it.

Would much rather be a Brony then a Homophobe. Vote Bayley.

• Like 2

The only issue with Bayley is that Sasha, Emma, Becky and Asuka are all better in the ring than she is. Great character, really good worker but she's not the best female out of the group. How can you be the fifth best but then win the whole thing?  It could happen in college basketball but shouldn't here.