DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] GREAT 8: BROCK LESNAR vs. MIL MUERTES

RIPPA

MM16: Great 8 - BROCK LESNAR vs. MIL MUERTES  

126 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

Oh, I am going full on LU hate for the tournament, that is all. Don't mind me. When it's over, I'll be back to feeling mere apathy toward the overhyped wrestlers doing flippy-doos while a mediocre actor makes stupid facial expressions while portraying a character who tries to run the show via evil machinations.

Am I talking about the first hour of a random RAW that features a Stephanie McMahon promo and a Kalisto/Stardust match, or an episode of LU with too many shitty Dario Cueto vignettes? Can't tell, huh? Exactly.

Oh, and Niners: The Lesnar/Taker matches weren't any good.

• Like 2

Oh, I am going full on LU hate for the tournament, that is all. Don't mind me. When it's over, I'll be back to feeling mere apathy toward the overhyped wrestlers doing flippy-doos while a mediocre actor makes stupid facial expressions while portraying a character who tries to run the show via evil machinations.

Am I talking about the first hour of a random RAW that features a Stephanie McMahon promo and a Kalisto/Stardust match, or an episode of LU with too many shitty Dario Cueto vignettes? Can't tell, huh? Exactly.

Oh, and Niners: The Lesnar/Taker matches weren't any good.

Complain about Flippy Do's while voting against Mil Muertes. Got it.

You have a crappy opinion.

I am not really serious about LU. I don't like it, but I don't hate it that much. I am just inspired by Jrag's terrible Bayley posts to make my own absurd posts. That, and by people rating LU to a degree that I find absurd, and some of those people turning around and insinuating that NXT is overrated.

I stand fully by my remarks regarding Lesnar/Taker, however.

I like Smelly in some of the other threads in this tournament, but man, I can't like him in this thread when he hates on a show called LUCHA Underground and doesn't expect a bunch of flippy moves. It pains me to say this, but don't feed the troll. Not to mention that Mil is probably one of the only guys on their roster that doesn't do that type of stuff.

EDIT: Of course you'd go and backtrack on what you said after I posted that! Damnit. I really hope this comes to a Mil/Sasha/Bayley/Shinsuke final four and I'll sit back and watch the board burn.

Mil's best match of the time period was better than Lesnar's

Mil's low was better than Lesnar's low.

Mil is a better character than Brock.

Mil has a better manager/second.

Mil is scarier.

Mil has better pants.

But by all means, vote Lesnar and be the most wrong.

I disagree with a few of these, but I'm intrigued about the comparison of lows. What do you consider their worst moments of the year?

That's my point. I don't know a lot about Mesias but people make him sound pretty shitty. Is it possible we're ignoring a whole bunch of awful work under a different name? I'm legitimately asking. I don't know.

Brocks was probably getting matches with Rollins and Harper that were generally shitty and a less then amazing Royal Rumble performance mostly due to booking.

Muertes's low was..... probably not in Lucha Underground.

Yeah Brock squandering almost dream scenario match-ups were my lows for him. Way more upsetting.

Mesias is an interesting animal in that his lows are in ring, but I'm never bored by him. If we are talking just Mil, his low was probably Ultima Lucha. The Puma match was good, just below his work with Fenix and too much emphasis at showing how supercharged he was. I actually like the Ivelisse match more in a underdog type match.

Wow, that's interesting. I thought the Puma match at Ultima Lucha was a hair beneath Grave Consequences. Both guys looked absolutely fantastic in that one.

I may need to re-watch it, but I think it suffered from a) being on such a stacked show and b) once the Disciples of Death won, it felt like a forgone conclusion, so I had a hard time buying the near falls. With that, coupled with the overall booking, I never felt like Puma was an underdog, I literally felt like he couldn't win.

I also think that it's a testament to how great Mil has been that this is my low for him.

I seriously want to force some of you Ludovico Technique-style to watch the entire '80s Lucha set (minus the aversion drug) as punishment for your inability to like good wrestling that is outside of your language and culture barriers. And that is neither here nor there concerning this matchup. 

MARCH MADNESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Like 1

I seriously want to force some of you Ludovico Technique-style to watch the entire '80s Lucha set (minus the aversion drug) as punishment for your inability to like good wrestling that is outside of your language and culture barriers.

Eh? American Wrestling is outside my cultural barrier. And some of them mangle the Queen's English so badly, it's basically a different language.

It's funny because Muertes doesn't come off as particularly "lucha" to me. I don't know if it's Chavo laying his matches out or what, but he's very straight forward, WWE Main Event style in Lucha Underground. I can hardly see how Grave Consequences wasn't super accessible, for instance.