DVDVR Message Board

Labor Day Raw (2 September Raw for everyone else)

Dolfan in NYC

How mad are you guys gonna be when Daniel Bryan's big moment isn't him beating everyone down on his own, but when he leads a team of guys against them?

How many people will still be watching when it gets to that point?

Hopefully none of you!

that sounds bad for business.

How mad are you guys gonna be when Daniel Bryan's big moment isn't him beating everyone down on his own, but when he leads a team of guys against them?

How many people will still be watching when it gets to that point?

Hopefully none of you!

that sounds bad for business.

I'm a Triple H guy pal, I know what's good for business.

You just reminded me, did everyone see fat Sheamus sitting along the entrance ramp with a replica belt on his shoulder?  that guy was an MVP tonight, along with dude with the giant home-made Daniel Bryan face that looked just like Bionic Bigfoot and the other guy dressed like WWF Dusty.  those three made me so happy.

Good show, you fucking marks!

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

I hate to make the comparison, but tonight reminded me of when the summer of punk angle started going sideways.  That angle was pretty divisive from the start and I would defend it here and on PWO while other people were like, "they WILL fuck this up....just watch" and that's exactly what happened and I ate crow on it.  Punk came out fine in the end, but the potential that angle had compared to what they ended up with just didn't compare, and really they dropped the ball the moment Punk came back on RAW, and it got worse from there.  Tonight's angle felt like them starting to drop the ball.  And because that segment died with the crowd, and they clearly read internet comments to gauge the temperature of the audience (only reason they would bring up the ironclad contract after seemingly forgetting it).......I'm now worried that they will start to panic book the angle.  For the pacing of the story and where it looks like they want to go and for all the characters involved.....they booked tonight wrong, and nobody looked good at the end.  But they'll make it even worse if they panic about it and hotshot the angle the way they've done in the past when stuff bombs

You just reminded me, did everyone see fat Sheamus sitting along the entrance ramp with a replica belt on his shoulder?  that guy was an MVP tonight, along with dude with the giant home-made Daniel Bryan face that looked just like Bionic Bigfoot and the other guy dressed like WWF Dusty.  those three made me so happy.

Good show, you fucking marks!

Posted Image

For reference:

Posted Image

and for when he needs to do an Austin-style run-in:

Posted Image

Did NOBODY notice the sublime beauty of Show going to punch HHH, only to have STEPHANIE get between them to make the save? If that isn't the ultimate in cowardly heel booking, I don't know what is.

I think the problem with the booking is, with a 3 hour show every week, we get so over-inundated with what's going on that by the end of the show, we're desensitized to the angle. If RAW went back to 2 hours, and they went back to the roster split so that you only worked an angle once every week, this would be FINE. That, and Show needs to stop being such a puss, and just start building up a thousand-yard stare of repressed anger, and instead of bawling his eyes out every time HHH tells him to heel, he needs to get in his face with a sociopathic stare, and tell him, "I'll back down tonight... but one day.... I won't have to back down any more. And when I do, I'm coming for you." Not only would this make him totally badass, but the knife in the back when they SWERVE~! him as part of the Corporation would make the fanboys' heads asplode.

WWE better figure out what to do with the PTP before this fan support disappears.

Am I the only one wishing that when Los Matadores debut, Mantaur comes back as the bull they must destroy?

Cody's promo was EPIC. If this leads to run-ins of Cody and a Golddust-less Dustin running in to jump the SHield backstage, while Dusty stands in the background yelling, "THERE'S GONNA BE A CLUBBERIN' TONIGHT!", then I will be over the moon.

New thought: does anyone think they are introducing Los matadores just so Cody and some other about to be fired meatball can hide under the masks while fired and beat the shield for the belts before unmasking and forcing HHH to give them their jobs back?

Whomever posted about the .341 girl made me long for the attitude era. If this was 1999, she would already have a contract, a hog pen mud bath bikini body slam on a pole match against Sable, and a VHS tape with Ms. Jackie called 'You Don't Know Us!'.

Lastly, I realize that wrestling doesn't take place in a vacuum, but I really wonder if the reaction to Raw would be the same if everything was the same except for Vince being the COO instead of HHH. I think a lot of people are projecting past transgressions from a decade ago on to today's television.

These threads are making me start to hate this board. It's like I accidentally went to the comments on Scott Keith's blog for fuck's sake.

This. In Cristobal's case, he chose to be a Man United fan, so we know that he is prone to poor decision making.

• Like 1

I would like to give a special shout-out to the people complaining about HHH and calling Randy Orton boring because you are being worked and it is really interesting to read these threads with that in mind. I honestly thought this place was above that.

I can not for the life of me figure out why internet fans can't realize that the reason HHH and Orton are heels right now are exactly the reasons they've been complaining about those two for years. It was the same thing with Cena and folks not realizing that his super hero status is a vital aspect of his character designed to keep him dynamic, controversial, and versatile booking-wise.

You are SUPPOSED to think HHH wants to be the focus of the show and is burying Daniel Bryan. You are SUPPOSED to think that Randy Orton doesn't deserve to be the champion or face of the company.

It is baffling to me that people can dislike the heels for exactly the right reasons, support the faces for exactly the right reason, and still think the show was terrible and threaten to stop watching WWE altogether.

You're adorable. You're terrible.

• Like 11

New thought: does anyone think they are introducing Los matadores just so Cody and some other about to be fired meatball can hide under the masks while fired and beat the shield for the belts before unmasking and forcing HHH to give them their jobs back?

This only works if Cody delivers a post-modern chair shot before he unmasks.

• Like 2

These threads are making me start to hate this board. It's like I accidentally went to the comments on Scott Keith's blog for fuck's sake.

This. In Cristobal's case, he chose to be a Man United fan, so we know that he is prone to poor decision making.

9 pages in, this is probably the best argument anyone's made in support of this angle so far, edging out such winners as "It's only been two weeks!" "Three." "It's only been three weeks!" and "Hey! Look at that great promo from Cody!"

• Like 1