DVDVR Message Board

Labor Day Raw (2 September Raw for everyone else)

Dolfan in NYC

Remember the last time you guys asked for someone to bring back the Torture Rack? It didn't turn out well then, and it ain't gonna turn out well now.

I think you mean Macho Man's diving elbow drop.

Yeah, longest WWE Title reign in modern history, and second biggest merch mover. That turned out great.

What does any of that have to do with Test?

please tell me you're not implying Test had a bad elbow drop

don't even joke like that

Test's elbow drop was fucking great

• Like 3

http://www.wwe.com/videos/wwe-coo-triple-h-addresses-wwe-universe-concerns-over-a-new-regime-superstar-fir-26146347

This is something that would have been much better on RAW or Smackdown then on the WWE site. Plus it would have helped Cole instead of dealing with JBL for 3 hours and screaming "TALK TO HIM WAR CORRESPONDENT" every hour.

Everyone who has posted in this thread should watch this video. It does a great job of explaining the angle and providing a lot of depth. They should do more of this.

• Like 1

http://www.wwe.com/videos/wwe-coo-triple-h-addresses-wwe-universe-concerns-over-a-new-regime-superstar-fir-26146347

This is something that would have been much better on RAW or Smackdown then on the WWE site. Plus it would have helped Cole instead of dealing with JBL for 3 hours and screaming "TALK TO HIM WAR CORRESPONDENT" every hour.

Everyone who has posted in this thread should watch this video. It does a great job of explaining the angle and providing a lot of depth. They should do more of this.

This is so great. HHH is such a perfect corporate sleaze.I think the unsung hero of the WWE lately has been Michael Cole. I can't believe I'm saying that either. He's been SO good at getting Bryan over and selling the fear of the locker room.

Of course, Bryan will not lose the belt six days later once he wins it and then never sniff the top title again. Lex deserved a much longer run, but Sting also had to go over Hogan for the title as well. Luger probably should have won back at Starrcade or SuperBrawl, then dropped the title back to Hogan a few months later so Sting can still go over at Starrcade.

Remember the last time you guys asked for someone to bring back the Torture Rack? It didn't turn out well then, and it ain't gonna turn out well now.

I think you mean Macho Man's diving elbow drop.

Yeah, longest WWE Title reign in modern history, and second biggest merch mover. That turned out great.

What does any of that have to do with Test?

please tell me you're not implying Test had a bad elbow drop

Nope.  Just poking Gonzalez.

I'm not saying that Booker should have won the feud, but you can't book a guy to be a racist heel and have him not get any comeuppance at all from the guy he's insulting.

I never got a racist vibe from all that. It came off to me like HhH and Flair were calling him a mid card guy from WcW who shouldn't be a World Champ and should be carrying their bags, like a job guy. I hated the whole "backstage politics" stuff and didn't even think about race. To me racist is Lawler saying he'llwet Kamala's lips and stick him on a wall . I get why people thought HHH/ Booker was racist , but I took it as burying WCW .
Johnny, you are awesome and one of my favorite people I've ever discussed wrestling, or, well anything with... but that angle was racist as all get out.
Not if you're someone who doesn't think "race" first. Like I said , I get why people thought it was racist, but it came off more WCW guy can't hang with HHH to me. That entire angle could have been done word for word with, say, Scott Steiner and still would have sucked.

Yeah, I love that Randy has been picking up clean wins over all kinds of guys since the heel turn.  Sure, he's an evil prick, but he's a damn good one.  And it re-enforces the idea that he might be scared of Bryan, since he hasn't needed back up for all these other schmucks.

Further to that before SummerSlam 2013, Daniel Bryan made Randy Orton tap out in his Street Fight victory on RAW. Orton had to use the Money in the Bank contract and Triple H's Pedigree to beat Bryan, the new WWE Champion at SummerSlam 2013.

Yeah, I love that Randy has been picking up clean wins over all kinds of guys since the heel turn. Sure, he's an evil prick, but he's a damn good one. And it re-enforces the idea that he might be scared of Bryan, since he hasn't needed back up for all these other schmucks.

Further to that before SummerSlam 2013, Daniel Bryan made Randy Orton tap out in his Street Fight victory on RAW. Orton had to use the Money in the Bank contract and Triple H's Pedigree to beat Bryan, the new WWE Champion at SummerSlam 2013.
But, buried ?.....?...?

The difference is that Lex Luger actually got to walk out of the building with the title instead of being knocked out by Randy Anderson.

...and job it out 6 days later. So let me get this straight: You whiny folk want Bryan to win the title on Monday, job it back to Orton at Night Of Champions, and never win it again? That's better booking than the last few weeks of WWE?

GIVE THIS MAN THE BOOK

• Like 1

I don't think he's being BURIED, but I don't think he's looking all that good for a guy who's supposedly the #1 face at the moment.

Guess I'm just used to Cena coming out on top every week except for the one beatdown he takes right before the PPV so the commentators can still call him an underdog.

• Like 1

All nuanced arguments are worthless in this thread, Daniel Bryan fetishism brings out the worst in all of us

[W.H.]Obsession is the fairest condition of Man.  In most forms it distracts him from his own imminent death.  In the best forms it directs him to it.

This chicken tastes like shoe.[W.H]

• Like 5

I don't post enough to know if Gonzalez is being sarcastic here or if he's actually this stupid. Can anyone help?

Yes. In the upper right corner of the board under your username, select "My Settings," then "Ignore Preferences." Under "Add a new user to my list," type "Gonzalez," and press "Save Changes." 

Thanks. On it.

Daniel Bryan fan support is irrelevant anyway.  The ratings show that he's bad for business.  Numbers don't lie.

[H]Numbers only lie.  If there is truth to be found, it can be found in the numbers that look like letters. 

Digital 5.

Backwards 3.

Sometimes 9.

There is the beginnings of a truth language and the root of my next film.[H]

Seriously, guys, stop saying things like "Numbers don't lie."  It just triggers him.

I'm not saying that Booker should have won the feud, but you can't book a guy to be a racist heel and have him not get any comeuppance at all from the guy he's insulting.

I never got a racist vibe from all that. It came off to me like HhH and Flair were calling him a mid card guy from WcW who shouldn't be a World Champ and should be carrying their bags, like a job guy. I hated the whole "backstage politics" stuff and didn't even think about race. To me racist is Lawler saying he'llwet Kamala's lips and stick him on a wall . I get why people thought HHH/ Booker was racist , but I took it as burying WCW .
Johnny, you are awesome and one of my favorite people I've ever discussed wrestling, or, well anything with... but that angle was racist as all get out.
Not if you're someone who doesn't think "race" first. Like I said , I get why people thought it was racist, but it came off more WCW guy can't hang with HHH to me. That entire angle could have been done word for word with, say, Scott Steiner and still would have sucked.

Triple-H calling out Scott Steiner's "nappy hair" wouldn't have had the same zing to it in this post-racial society.

Not thinking about race is kind of racist.

The difference is that Lex Luger actually got to walk out of the building with the title instead of being knocked out by Randy Anderson.

...and job it out 6 days later. So let me get this straight: You whiny folk want Bryan to win the title on Monday, job it back to Orton at Night Of Champions, and never win it again? That's better booking than the last few weeks of WWE?GIVE THIS MAN THE BOOK

I said nothing like that. All I did was refer to the moment where Lex finally got a total victory over the nWo and had the locker room celebrate with him without having it ripped away from him through the usual nWo bullshit. But nice to jump to wild and stupid conclusions.

And please get new material...you've used GIVE THIS MAN THE BOOK on me already.

Randy Anderson's reaction to Hogan submitting is the best. That guy was fantastic... WCW, in general, had great refs. Fuck Earl Hebner and his lame sliding tell on near falls.

Back when I worked backstage for UPW, Chris Daniels would BLAST refs over headset for doing "Hebner counts".