DVDVR Message Board

Labor Day Raw (2 September Raw for everyone else)

Dolfan in NYC

Where is Punk in this angle? Punks whole gimmick is that he is anti-authority. His character is one who would get fired over principle. Unfortunately for Bryan, Punk lives in a vacuum with Heyman and Curtis Axel and is seemingly unaware that any of this is happening. That’s what I tell myself to explain why Punk is not involved and why he is the only wrestler not required to show up on the stage during the main event.

He's on Earth-2.

Some of the people with a negative opinion of this show have very good points, but they are being drowned out by all the idiots who say things like "randy boreton" and "I haven't watch the show in months, but this angle sucks!"Seriously, if you haven't watched the fucking show could you post anywhere else besides the RAW DISCUSSION THREAD.

BUT WHAT ABOUT REV AND HIS OPINIONZ4U? THEY MUST BE HEARD!!!!

This new board is fucking me up. I read this and said, "What the hell? Rev hasn't even posted, it's been that Bald Bombshell dude." before I figured it out. Note: I've had the same issue with Victator and Phantom Lord.

Ahhh... see? It's fucking me all up!

Next week is a critcical week. I'm still on board with this angle, but next week is the PPV lead-in. Bryan needs to tear somebody a new asshole badly.

LOL, or what?

Everyone needs to shut the fuck up about Bryangate for a few pages, go watch that Orton v. Rhodes match again, and tell me it wasn't great.  

That match was awesome. Very well laid-out. Cody has really become great with using his facial expressions to get over the various emotions one would feel in a shocking retirement match. It was actually sort of heart breaking when Orton JUST BARELY kicked out of The Crossroads and Cody realized his doom was probably very likely. He then had to go for his third kick and it cost him. Like he said in the promo: Randy was the better man that night, and that happens.I'm actually sort of torn on the ending. It would have gotten some huge heat if Randy won with some foot on the rope thing. But at the same time, despite being handed the belt and having the deck stacked in his favor (and relishing it), Randy's very capable on his own merits. I think that makes him even more vile.

• Like 1

Yeah, I love that Randy has been picking up clean wins over all kinds of guys since the heel turn.  Sure, he's an evil prick, but he's a damn good one.  And it re-enforces the idea that he might be scared of Bryan, since he hasn't needed back up for all these other schmucks.

• Like 2

I watched this show twice on Hulu and loved it. The Bryan-HHH/Orton angle is one of my favorite things in wrestling in the last 10 years. HHH is such a prick, bringing the roster out to the entrance so that they can see what happens when Daniel Bryan fights a stranger in the Alps. Steph and him manipulated Show perfectly into doing their version of the right thing. After years of seeing Cena defeat what we were told were insurmountable odds, it's jarring to see the hero not be able to triumph weekly.

Also, Show really should be the reluctant member of HHH's goon squad. He should have to be the attack dog, beating up Dolph or whomever. That way, Bryan has one more PPV opponent to go through when he gets his revenge. The thing I'm curious about is should the WWE title be the endgame for Bryan? I mean, beating Orton is a big deal, but beating HHH should be the bigger deal. He's the puppet master here.

Win the title and fight Hunter's goon of the month to keep it, culminating in a match against Triple H (or Taker!) at Wrestlemania to finally blow off the storyline.

Oh god, I've gone blind.  Not sure if fantasy booking too beautiful or too masturbatory

• Like 1

Nattie is okay in the ring I guess but I think AJ and Naomi are better. AJ can bump like hell and Naomi is a great athlete. Kaitlyn's spear is pretty good (AJ makes it look devastating) and she has improved quite a bit over the last year but she has a ways to go.

I'm not sure where all the Nattie love comes from, aside from her last name and her throwback Bret jackets. Lately her sharpshooter has been on par with Miz's figure four.