DVDVR Message Board

Labor Day Raw (2 September Raw for everyone else)

Dolfan in NYC

Also would note that it is incredibly idiotic to have Bryan even wrestling Orton this soon.

Not sure this is what happens yet. Could see them have Orton punt Bryan and remove him for his own sake or something.

I was honestly hoping they were setting up a weird thing where Cody would end up wrestling Randy at the ppv and Bryan would wrestle Show but that obviously isn't going to happen

Yeah I don't see anyone they could put in that match without killing the PPV.

I don't know how I feel about these new realistic wrestlers with their families and concerns and anxiety.

Man, Warrior would have run in, botched a gorilla press on HHH and run around the ring three times before anyone could say "Best for busine....."

Randy Savage would have simply said "HHH, you can't fire the Macho Man!" and that would have been legally binding somehow as soon as Mean Gene said "There you have it.  The Macho Man has spoken!"

I don't know which I prefer yet.  But I know I would personally rather be Ultimate Macho Warrior.

But I can also see how, in theory, this new way of portraying the business seems more savvy and real or something and may keep people more interested.

• Like 3

Also would note that it is incredibly idiotic to have Bryan even wrestling Orton this soon.  Just completely awful.  For all the slow burn talk - most of which I don't disagree with in principle - it seems unbelievably disingenuous to claim that this is all genius booking, slow burning, building for the long term, to a huge payoff, when they went and booked him in the main event v. Orton on the very next god damned ppv.  It doesn't even make sense from a storyline perspective as the McMahon clan can do whatever the hell they want and there is no reason to believe waiving a rematch clause is outside the scope of their abilities.  They could have easily booked him against Bully Ryback first, then maybe Reigns, then an Survivor Series team match where he gets the pin on Orton but not the title, et.  People bitching about the people bitching because of three weeks of beatdown and citing slow burn and long term build, really ought to note that their version of "slow burn" and "long term build" is not what is usually meant when those terms are used.  

I couldn't believe they hot shot the Orton/Bryan match so soon. That's been their biggest mistake in my opinion. I love this story and it's going to help a lot of guys out long term if the execution meets half its potential but there's no reason why they should have Bryan wrestle Orton at this stage. Make him go through the Shield in a decisive manner or something. Make him earn it. Running it now just makes the eventual screw job too obvious.

Randy Savage would have simply said "HHH, you can't fire the Macho Man!" and that would have been legally binding somehow as soon as Mean Gene said "There you have it.  The Macho Man has spoken!"

"NO MORE FIRINGS," as he walks off camera.

• Like 2

Also would note that it is incredibly idiotic to have Bryan even wrestling Orton this soon.  Just completely awful.  For all the slow burn talk - most of which I don't disagree with in principle - it seems unbelievably disingenuous to claim that this is all genius booking, slow burning, building for the long term, to a huge payoff, when they went and booked him in the main event v. Orton on the very next god damned ppv.  It doesn't even make sense from a storyline perspective as the McMahon clan can do whatever the hell they want and there is no reason to believe waiving a rematch clause is outside the scope of their abilities.  They could have easily booked him against Bully Ryback first, then maybe Reigns, then an Survivor Series team match where he gets the pin on Orton but not the title, et.  People bitching about the people bitching because of three weeks of beatdown and citing slow burn and long term build, really ought to note that their version of "slow burn" and "long term build" is not what is usually meant when those terms are used.  

Eh, this part of it doesn't bother me so much. HHH/Orton are letting him have the rematch because they're cocky and hold all the cards.  I thought HHH/Orton did a good job of selling this fact, and basically blowing Bryan off like he had no shot against them, so sure, he can have his little rematch.

Bryan will almost win but get screwed over at NOC, then have a long climb back to the top.  Hopefully.  I could actually see a scenario where they put the belt back on Bryan as a way to get another PPV match out of it and they put it back on Orton the next month, but I think that would be a mistake.  If Bryan loses and they want to do another match with Orton they'd better have a damn good storyline reason.

I'm still wanting to hear what people wish would happen instead with the Bryan angle. 

That the McMahons and Triple H not be involved. Bryan dropping the belt to Orton isn't what made me quit. It's making the McMahons the top story and heel faction YET AGAIN that got me to stop. 

So why fucking comment on it god damn it

Because he asked. Because I can. Because it causes you to have a fit each and every time.

I'm still wanting to hear what people wish would happen instead with the Bryan angle. 

That the McMahons and Triple H not be involved. Bryan dropping the belt to Orton isn't what made me quit. It's making the McMahons the top story and heel faction YET AGAIN that got me to stop. 

So why fucking comment on it god damn it

Because he asked. Because I can. Because it causes you to have a fit each and every time.

I like this style of trolling, I shall perpetuate it.

It's going to be a schmozz, but it's going to lead to something either that night or the next night on RAW that sets up something big. In fact, to Dylan's point, I almost see Vince as the guy who puts all this shit to rest at some point, letting Cody get reinstated, letting Show run wild, etc. 

I didn't think the ending tonight was "good" per se, but it's not horrible. It advances the story. It's Bryan going basically five against one. It's going to change. There's still a lot of good here.

-Bryan's opening deal responding to the Doink thing and burying HHH and Orton was great, great stuff. Especially HHH shitting on the "ironclad contract".  (And them pointing out that a 

n ironclad contract written by Johnny Ace must be flawed and able to be torn apart by good lawyers.)  :lol:

HHH and Orton backstage with Cody was great, as HHH and Orton are such awesome dicks.

-Miz/ Fandango was fine. Summer Rae rules. I liked Bray Wyatt's tweet, "When the men of power wage war, only the innocent suffer. come with me.........#DownWithTheMachine, (I'm not sure I dig the idea that Bray Wyatt tweets, but whatever.  :lol:  )

-Booker with Bryan was good, and I like the idea that Booker just walks around backstage with nothing to do but dispense advice.

-I loved Ziggler getting screwed by the Corporation. Not only does Maddox put him against Ryback, but Ambrose takes him out before the bell, to continue the reign of terror in the mid card. Ziggler's rally popped the crowd and especially the guy dressed in the Dusty polka dots. I also liked Ryback's Frank Gorshin on Star Trek tights. And Ziggler is now done with the AJ/ Big E fued and part of the forming squad of good guys.

-I love that Stephanie and HHH are playing the roles written for them by the internet. I mean, her fucking graphic says "Executive VP Creative"  :D And I'm sure someone has pointed it out, but Steph didn't say she knew Show since she was 12 years old, she said "my 12 year old friend" as in, they've been friends for 12 years. And she was such a bitch, I loved it. I'd like to see the Strip Mall Show bought.

- Edge next week will probably be the guy telling folks to step up.

-I'm loving the PTP's face push. It's a nice bit of restraint that they aren't making it all about Young coming out, and they're focusing on the fact that they've been over and entertaining in a face way anyway. Titus is a fucking star, and Young is really good. And Heath Slater takes a beating like no one else in WWE.

-Maddox/ Heyman/ HHH was great. Loved the "meeting of the scumbags, who despite both being heels, still hate each other...based on more "known to the internet" heat, than "Brock and I feuded".

-Wyatt promo was cool shit.

-JBL being a guy who goes on about how workers should be happy they have jobs is just perfect given that he's been one of those talking heads shitting on the whole "fast food workers are demanding raises" stuff in the news. And JBL being more of a heel has led to him and Cole being really good together again, (I'd imagine them also doing the net show helps) and alot of the time Lawler is really left with nothing to do, as Cole and JBL have always been a great two man act.

-Cody/ Orton kicked fucking ass. I loved Dusty Fan cheering on his son with Piper Fan. I love that the locker room all were watching on one TV, with the short chick in the back.. Great visual, though, and this totally helped make Cody after the short tag team breakup feud. And if it wasn't against Corporate Orton backed by dickface corporate HHH, no one would have cared, instead of a crowd going nuts for him. And the whole "days before his wedding, his career is over" stuff was just perfect. Shit, there was a "Thak you, Cody" chant as if some fans actually think he's leaving. Here's hoping Dusty confronts HHH. Especially after Cody's fucking AWESOME "The McMahon's have always hated the Rhodes!" promo.

-CM Punk's promo was aces, and I love that he doesn't reference the Regime of Terror, as some feuds, especially blood feuds with a wrestler vs a manager, should stay separate with minimal connection, if any to the big angle. Like they did with HHH talking to Heyman. And I liked Punk basically finally doing the promo that makes him a total good guy, ie: thanking his fans. And him wielding the same kendo stick that he was beaten with last week was cool.

-Show/ Bryan backstage? Eh, I liked Bryan pointing out that he beat Show for his first World Title.

-Naomi had a tad too much eyeshade under her eyes. AJ getting gang beat up by the Total Divas is more "AJ is the voice of the internet/ real fans vs the reality show fans" deal. AJ came out on top to start last week, this week they get her, etc. She bloodied the Bella's lip. I have no idea what they're doing here, besides filming shit for the next season of Divas on E that we are seeing now. I'd guess from the wrestling perspective, she and Kaitlyn make up and have an uneasy alliance against the Total Divas.

- I'm liking Ricardo as RVD's hype man. He's 100% less annoying than Bill Alfonso.Although I think he'll turn on RVD to"prove himself" to Del Rio, as he's such a swarmy dude that he'd take that beating and still want to impress his old boss to get his gig back.  RVD/ Sandow was ok. Anyone bitching that the MIB holder is losing all the time hasn't paid attention for the last few years.

-Steph with Total Divas was made good by the pic of Jake Roberts looking on.  :lol:

-Again, Edge will confront the Regime of Terror.

-I love that  they still did the "Roster on the ramp" deal. And Bryan is so god damned over. If you think beat downs and screw jobs over the course of THREE WEEKS is a burial, you're high. No, if you were high you'd probably not be so uptight and hyper for instant payoff.  :) I love that the recession has ruined Show's finances. Bryan continues to be the fighting-est guy alive. Show/ Bryan more great story than great match, and the crying IS a bit much, unless it's still all an act and Show is pretending. Still, if it IS leading to Show finally snapping and knocking out the Shield or HHH, in no way does that "bury" Bryan and make Show the main guy here. It establishes Show as another part of the Face Squad. Again, the crying is too much, but the McMahon's as the 1% while playing the roles that every former creative guy to ever be on an Alverez podcast have cast is great shit.

- They're so obviously building up the Squadron of good guys to take on the bad guy Alliance.

And "OMG, this is going on too long, buried, blah, blah"  is silly. Three WHOLE weeks is too long? Lotsa short attention span, instant gratification junkies. :lol: Your heads would have exploded if you were watching in the 80's Or shit, the NWO. "It's been THREE WEEKS, how come Sting hasn't beaten up the NWO yet?"

• Like 3

The bullshit about it not happening fast enough is people being short sighted and seeing this in a one month or two month time span. And it's because of what happened with Punk and whatever else people want to bring up. This isn't the biggest act since Hulk Hogan getting over on a non-wrestling boss, three retired flunkies and some renegade son. This is a guy who is on the cusp of superstardom getting held down by someone who has shown he's still a force and the most dominant group in the company. Something will happen soon that will tilt the odds in Bryan's favor. Just sit back and wait until it happens.

*Looks into Crystal ball*

1 year later...

"WWE Tag Team Title Match - Tyler Breeze & Enzo Amore © defeat Daniel Bryan & Santino during WWE Action Zone on BET tapings"

"We're still waiting." - DVDVR Forum

Just stop. You're not good at this.

• Like 1

I don't think Bryan is BERRIED, but I would simply like them to book him a little stronger in the coming weeks. Right now, he looks like a fucking idiot. The last three episodes of RAW have been exactly the same. Bryan finds interrupts a HHH promo, gets in a few funny 1-liners, learns what his impossible fate will be for the main event, then just ho-hum walks out for his execution. Despite the fact that he knows The Shield are hiding somewhere in the arena, he knows HHH and Orton are lurking. He knows the odds are going to be stacked against him no matter what he does.

After three weeks, you'd think the fucker would have some sort of a plan devised. Many here have suggested he sneak attack The Shield, at least take one or two of them out. Just do something. For once, be proactive and ruffle some feathers. Do something "rebellious" besides spray painting a car. 

By the way, if I'm a babyface, why the fuck do I care about Daniel Bryan? If I'm the Miz, why do I care? If I'm Dolph, why do I care? I'm sure The Miz, who went from main eventing Wrestlemania to main eventing Main Event in the span of two years feels really sorry for him. Why should any of them look so tortured about this? They should be happy since "corporate" doesn't see Bryan as a star, that he's one less obstacle in their way to get to the top.

More I think about this, the less this shit makes any sense.

• Like 1

I just wanted to give my two cents.  I didn't watch the show, full disclosure.  But I read a few comments, and some were confused about where all the negativity for the angle is coming from.  It's coming from the total lack of trust many of us have in WWE to book a storyline with a satisfactory payoff.  They've given us no reason to in years.

Eh, this part of it doesn't bother me so much. HHH/Orton are letting him have the rematch because they're cocky and hold all the cards.  I thought HHH/Orton did a good job of selling this fact, and basically blowing Bryan off like he had no shot against them, so sure, he can have his little rematch.

The whole segment before Bryan came out was Orton and HHH reasoning why Bryan should give up his title shot.

I just wanted to give my two cents. I didn't watch the show, full disclosure. But I read a few comments, and some were confused about where all the negativity for the angle is coming from. It's coming from the total lack of trust many of us have in WWE to book a storyline with a satisfactory payoff. They've given us no reason to in years.

In the nicest way, get over it, man.
  • Like 1

My favourite part of the show was Stephanie implying that not only is Big Show a literal giant, but that giants are a separate species outside of homosapiens.

Yes, that was golden.

It makes me think of the Double J/Chyna feud way back when. I paraphrase, but Dubba J said something along the lines of "MEN... IS THE DOMINANT SPECIES," or so. Jeff is wonderfully trashy.

I don't get why Big Show is being reduced to tears over having to wrestle anyone who isn't his mother.

This cracks me up too. They weren't even friends like four weeks ago, were they? I guess it's less so Bryan and more so Show whoring himself to the McMahon-Helmsley corporation.