DVDVR Message Board

Labor Day Raw (2 September Raw for everyone else)

Dolfan in NYC

How is Bryan supposed to overcome these odds right now? Nobody can help him or they are fired. Why would Bryan get anything over a half-dozen guys? Rhodes will be back to help. Add Ziggler and Big Show. Give it time to build. Amazing. Three weeks. Wait for a PPV or two. If it is like this in the middle of October, you can complain.

How about jumping the Shield backstage w/ a chair or pipe, then looking into the camera & telling HHH he's tired of doing things his (i.e. HHH's) way?  If he's going down, he's not going down without a fight.  He can't get beat up by them if he takes them out for the night.

Did you guys hear Bryan's reaction when he came out tonight and interrupted Triple H's promo?  Did you hear the reaction when he came out on Smackdown with the chair?  Did you hear the reaction when he kept attacking Big Show as Big Show cried?  Did you hear the crowd chant "You sold out!" at the Big Show?

And did you hear that every chant got progressively quieter until at the end when Orton posed over Bryan, the crowd was half-dead?

Not to mention that the crowd was waiting for Big Show to KO HHH (or even Stephanie) and for Daniel Bryan to grab one of the Shield for the Yes! Lock. They wanted a basic payoff from it for the faces and the heels to be sent running.

Instead, it drug on and on and the crowd just gave up on it. If this continues on next week's Raw, don't be surprised if the crowd completely shits all over the segments with HHH droning on and on for 20 minutes or standing victoriously without getting his comeuppance.

Posted Image

"Let it simmah!"

Trips definitely adheres to the Kevin Sullivan school of booking for heat. Can't believe people want Bryan to win at Night of Champions. This needs to go on for a while. It could be executed better, sure, but the big picture stuff is getting done right.

Jesus Christ people they just FIRED Cody Rhodes so that he can come back and HELP Bryan... and before his exit he cut a money promo.  Yes, they are in a situation where they produce way too much television and that's an issue but the reaction here is way overboard.

Buried Bryan? Seriously? He's been fighting 4 on 1.

• Like 4

Whereas the heel beatdowns are one thing, but if Bryan is supposed to be the A-number-one babyface until Cena's return, what in hell was the point of making him look so incredibly weak against Show?

Well there wouldn't be a lot of suspense in a future Bryan-Show match-up if Bryan beat him up, would there?!

Oh, I didn't realize "Bryan beats up Show" and "Bryan is almost completely unable to harm a Big Show whose heart wasn't in the match, didn't want to be out there, and was barely trying until Bryan snapped him back into the match, at which point he totally dominated Bryan, leaving him out so long that even when he tried to leave, the Shield was able to run in and attack." were the only options.

Well, I guess they set things in motion to allow Cody to be the first to help Bryan in the future since he's fired now.  The place would have went wild if Cody have came in with a chair and saved him tonight though.  This was his night.  Oh well.  It still should get a nice reaction when it goes down.

They got something in Titus O'Neil.  Don't know if they'll ever get serious with him, but it's difficult to be a face in WWE.  Especially a mid-card face with next to no mic time, yet he's got charisma and keeps the crowd engaged.  I hope he gets a Batista/DDP type of push in the future.

I know Kane is off doing a movie or something and I know someone said this already, but Big Show's current role would make more sense with Kane.  Well if you leave out "You're old and broke" part, which may have been added to appease the "IRONCLAD CONTRACT" people.  Hilarious.

I agree about Cody but he is legitimately leaving for a few weeks so I can see why they'd wait. 

I'm starting to think it's not a coincidence that Titus is front and center on the stage eyeballing Triple H, Orton, and all of them each week.

3 weeks in this era of wrestlingvis like 4 months in 1992.

Exactly. The WWE plows through everything at the speed of light. Stuff that should span months, they cram into weeks.

Punk Vs. Heyman has gone on for two months, but it doesn't feel like the five minutes on Planet Namek Daniel Bryan feud.

Well, I guess they set things in motion to allow Cody to be the first to help Bryan in the future since he's fired now.  The place would have went wild if Cody have came in with a chair and saved him tonight though.  This was his night.  Oh well.  It still should get a nice reaction when it goes down.

Yes, it will be awesome when Cody runs in to save Bryan, then gets annihilated by the Shield, Orton, and HHH. 

You guys do realize the one who's going to save the day against the treacherous Hunter and Stephanie will just be Vince or Linda, right?

It has been THREE WEEKS. Jesus Christ. Three shows. Having some patience. This is going to go on for a few months. It will be fine.

It's been several years, actually. Several years of start-stop pushes. FFS, Does nobody remember the last time HHH inserted himself into somebody's hot angle? Remember how that ended?

I'm assuming you mean CM Punk. I believe Punk and HHH (if they were supposed to have a match at all) were going to have a match much later on, but it was rushed when Nash wasn't cleared to wrestle, which is on them. You should probably make sure a guy can wrestle before setting up the match.

Orton leaves with the title at the PPV. Maybe they do another match, maybe they don't. They will do a 4 on 4 or 5 on 5 match. Do something like they have done before where if Bryan loses to Orton, he can't get another title match. Bryan wins the Rumble, takes the title from Orton in the Main Event of Wrestlemania. Everybody goes nuts and are happy.

This was probably 1 of the better Raws ever from an acting perspective, damning with faint praise I know but still. For the 1st time since he had the mask the crowd gave a shit about Cody, his promo was great and I can't wait until he comes back as the Midnight Rider or Yellow Dog or something.

I'm on the same page as Caley, it's pretty amazing and it's probably due to how many people still want to string Triple H up for whatever perceived sins he may have committed 10 years ago against whoever the flavor of the month was.

The WWE can't win. They do a slow burn and let their stories build and build people bitch because they have zero patience. WWE hotshots an angle and people bitch that they're going too quickly. I guess in the age of being able to watch entire angles on YouTube in an afternoon people don't really have the patience to watch an angle play out episodically week to week,

Dammit.  Impersonating Herzog is the most addicting thing in the world.  I urge everyone to do it.

WIth apologies this time to PF Tomkins:

[Herzog]

The Mcmahon family and their minions circle together like the biological cells that collect to form the most primal life and eventually the so-called higher life forms.  When it becomes complex enough, the human herd behaves like a kind of blind biological machinery.  It's most powerful impulse, and its most pleasurable one, is to strike out at those who raise a voice against it.  This they do not out of self-interest, though that is what they believe, but only out of the rage of ignorance.  The rage from being encaged in their own bodies.  The rage against the pressure of their own blood which seeks to explode from their veins.  The rage against the heat that rises from inside their intestines and slowly cooks their brains, the pulsing of their heart against the ribs like an animal locked in a cage pacing and staring at its jailer.  They peer out of their skulls as if trapped in an iron mask.  They cannot breathe.  They cannot think.  They can only reach and strike.  And so they find a target and they band together and they strike and strike and strike until they open him and release all that pressure in a ritual purging of violent and erotic energy.The bearded one is the chosen one.  The mechanism of release.  The sacrifice for the herd.  It is actually a position of great honor.  And his life and death will carry meaning beyond those who survivie him.  The giant ironically is too smart.  Just smart enough to understand that it is all obscenity.  Just smart enough to know that all around him are in misery.  That the thousands gathered to watch are not cheering or singing, but screeching.  No, I don't think they cheer.  They just screech in pain.  The giant will live in a special misery.  The misery that we call consciousness.  He is the best of what humanity can be.  That is why he suffers.  Because the highest state that humanity can obtain is foolish impotent emotion. That is what we sadly call "enlightenment."

He will pay dearly for this sin.

[/Herzog]

• Like 3

3 weeks in this era of wrestlingvis like 4 months in 1992.

Exactly. The WWE plows through everything at the speed of light. Stuff that should span months, they cram into weeks.
Punk Vs. Heyman has gone on for two months, but it doesn't feel like the five minutes on Planet Namek Daniel Bryan feud.
It's sad when the troll speaks this much truth.

I didn't think it was that weird. HHH just feuded with Lesnar/Heyman a couple months back so it was smart to have him still pissy at Heyman. They also brought up the stupid iron clad contract.. I mean WWE is actually trying to have a little continuity and people are still crapping on it..  lol

Orton leaves with the title at the PPV. Maybe they do another match, maybe they don't. They will do a 4 on 4 or 5 on 5 match. Do something like they have done before where if Bryan loses to Orton, he can't get another title match. Bryan wins the Rumble, takes the title from Orton in the Main Event of Wrestlemania. Everybody goes nuts and are happy.

I've had pretty much this same theory since before Summerslam.  I think at some point between Survivor Series and the Rumble there will also be some match that happens that results in Bryan being the first entrant into the Rumble making him give yet another ultimate underdog performance.

I'm more curious about what the blowoff of the Punk/Heyman feud is going to be.  A Team Punk vs Team Heyman match seems unlikely as Punk doesn't really have any allies and no one other than Heyman's men have been involved in this.  A Punk/Lesnar rematch with some type of stip resulting in Heyman leaving?

So, switching gears here to something less contentious but no less confusing, what the hell are they doing with the AJ/Total Divas feud? She cuts a heel promo that gets face heat last week. This week she does more heeling on commentary, then breaks up the #1 contender's match, but instead of doing the heelish thing and getting out of Dodge once the bell is rung, she stays in and takes a 3-on-1 beating.