DVDVR Message Board

Labor Day Raw (2 September Raw for everyone else)

Dolfan in NYC

I feel like the this angle is suppose to be Bryan never being able to get a fair shot until the rest of roster stands up to HHH, but they really need people other than Big Show conflicted between helping Bryan and being worried about their jobs.  Having the whole roster out there without at least a few people stepping forward is really hurting this angle.

It's so hard to read sarcasm online.  I assume some people are being sarcastic with the burial stuff, right?  I think the only guy that is getting hurt in this is Big Show. 

Between Rhodes/Orton and Cody's promo, it left me wondering where the fuck that guy has been the past few months?  I enjoy Orton mockingly firing up the crowd before the RKO.  It's like he's saying, "Yeah I know this whole pre-finisher routine was stupid but you guys cheered for it so I had to keep doing it."

I actually had to check to see if the PPV was this Sunday after the Punk promo.  It felt like a go-home show deal.

• Like 4

Yeah, Daniel Bryan is pretty much buried. I don't see him winning at Night of Champions. Gotta love HHH and his hogging the spotlight even when he's not wrestling.

Of course he doesn't win at NOC.  Why would he?  It would be like opening a movie with Batman in trouble, then twenty minutes later, he's the winner. 

I really think, at this point, the WM main event will be Bryan/Orton and Cena/Undertaker (or Lesnar or something), so settle in for the long haul, or start watching TNA where angles are hotshot every week.

Wrestling smarks have to have the shortest amounts of patience of any fans ever: "Come on, this has been going on for two weeks now!  Where's the payoff!?"  Seriously, people, two weeks.  That's it.  The Triple H turn was on August 17th, today is September 2nd.  Also, I seriously doubt we're going to get anyone standing up to the new corporation on Raw, it's probably going to come on a PPV.  You want your big pop/big moment, you've gotta pay for it.

• Like 7

I don't know if I can take it anymore. I saw all this shit with the NWO where you beg and beg and beg for someone to get one over on them and it NEVER FUCKING HAPPENED. If The Big Show was joining up with The Corporation, then so be it. But tonight all it did was set up for Triple H vs. The Big Show. Triple H is doing an outstanding job as a corporate asshole. But Daniel Bryan should have at least gotten one over on them by now. If he continues to get his ass kicked, no one is going to care when he finally gets that one on them.

I understand the need for a slow burn and all, but this is just going to drive people away.

Before the show started, I decided I would take drink any time someone said 'best for business'. I made it til 8:22.

I sobered up in time to see #Allin trending about Raw, and I got real excited that the ghost of GG Allin had decided to help Cody against Randy Orton.

Speaking of Cody, he never would have lost his livelihood if he had listened to me a few weeks ago and got his daddy to teach him the bionic elbow. That promo was money though.

Tonight was the first night I felt like this is leading towards dueling authority figures. I just don't know who the face commissioner would be and how they'd write him in.

• Like 1

It has been THREE WEEKS. Jesus Christ. Three shows. Having some patience. This is going to go on for a few months. It will be fine.

Six shows. Bryan's been getting destroyed on Smackdown, too.

Yeah but the way they book Smackdown, they assume no one really watches it.

• Like 1

Yeah, Daniel Bryan is pretty much buried. I don't see him winning at Night of Champions. Gotta love HHH and his hogging the spotlight even when he's not wrestling.

Of course he doesn't win at NOC.  Why would he?  It would be like opening a movie with Batman in trouble, then twenty minutes later, he's the winner. 

I really think, at this point, the WM main event will be Bryan/Orton and Cena/Undertaker (or Lesnar or something), so settle in for the long haul, or start watching TNA where angles are hotshot every week.

Wrestling smarks have to have the shortest amounts of patience of any fans ever: "Come on, this has been going on for two weeks now!  Where's the payoff!?"  Seriously, people, two weeks.  That's it.  The Triple H turn was on August 17th, today is September 2nd.  Also, I seriously doubt we're going to get anyone standing up to the new corporation on Raw, it's probably going to come on a PPV.  You want your big pop/big moment, you've gotta pay for it.

It's not about patience in my case, it's just that this sucks cock.  I mean I get what they are trying to do (I think?), but Bryan being held still by Reigns for what felt like ten minutes, while Big Show blubbered around, and the whole roster just watching again....I mean....I don't see anyway that segment was good.  And I really want to because Show, Bryan, The Shield are some of my absolute favorites