DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] Sweet 16: BROCK LESNAR vs. RICOCHET

RIPPA

MM16: BROCK LESNAR vs. RICOCHET  

112 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

I'd like to see this match. 

Wait, no, that's what I thought about Rollins vs Brock, Del Rio vs Brock, Rusev vs Brock, and Harper vs Brock.

Nevermind. I'm good not seeing this match. 

You already have seen it. Just put on any non-Undertaker Brock match and you're good!

I'm going with Ricochet.  A lot has been said about quality vs. quantity.  Ricochet has had both and has had a stellar year.  Even if you single out just NJPW or just PWG or just LU (and wherever else) he's put in a ton of top quality work.  Singles, tag, he can do it all.  I've voted Brock many times over, but can't do it here.  It's long been the standard that he'd come in once in a while and fuck shit up.  While that was certainly the case after Summerslam it's been rather directionless for him.  That, and him and Paul have gotten their formula down pat recently with little changeup.  I know he's going to deliver at WM, but that's WM.

Boy oh boy, who's the more overrated this year?  Decisions, decisions

I concur with El Dragon. Puma has been killing it in Lucha Underground as a consistent, good worker and has gotten better reactions as a Face without saying a word. I'd take Puma/Ricochet over 99% of the WWE roster right now not in NXT.

Ricochet won in my pics for 2014 (or '15 ... whenever it was that he was kicking ass in PWG, won the BSJ, et al.). I voted Ricochet not only for this year's output, but for this year's reflection of a consistent career.

Ricochet won in my pics for 2014 (or '15 ... whenever it was that he was kicking ass in PWG, won the BSJ, et al.). I voted Ricochet not only for this year's output, but for this year's reflection of a consistent career.

Even as Helios? ;)

I am befuddled. This doesn't even feel close to me. I mean, I have been pretty pro-Brock this tourney, whether I voted for him or not, but I just don't see it. Just as Prince Puma he had work on par with Lesnar. Lesnar's best (vs Reigns) is probably better than Puma's best (All Night Long) but they're not that far off and Puma's matches were consistently better outside of the peak work while Lesnar's take a big grain of salt and an acceptance of long term storytelling and some hoops and jumps through ideas of kayfabe to make work. Now add in Ricochet and, man, I just don't see it.

• Like 1

I voted against Brock last time and right after saw the gif of him F5ing Michael Cole. Remember how much joy that gave us all? Ricochet is great and all but he's not even in my top 8 in Lucha Underground let alone the world.