DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] Sweet 16: MEIKO SATOMURA vs. BECKY LYNCH

RIPPA

MM16: MEIKO SATOMURA vs. BECKY LYNCH  

93 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

I've been watching pro wrestling since ESPN showed Candi Devine vs. Sherri Martel. I'm jaded and cynical after thousands of hours of seeing the stuff. Many matchups and programs leave me uninterested, but Becky makes me think that going after the Divas Title actually matters in 2016.

If I read a spoiler that said she had a match on Smackdown, I'll actually try to check out that week's episode. I can't say that for most of the roster.

Wish this matchup could've been a semi or final, and with all due respect to Satomura, my vote's for Becky.

Did Satomura take a lengthy sabbatical from wrestling? If not, it's amazing that her body is able to do the stuff she's still doing in 2016 after the punishment she put it through early in her career. 

I'm not voting against Becky on St. Patrick's Day.

Considering the voting is open till Sunday - you were voting for Becky with or without the qualifier

To my recollection, Satomura's only major injury was when Hyuga crushed her orbital socket back in 07/08. She's had other injuries that required her taking time off but that was the major one that sticks in my mind. Anytime she takes time off it is a guarantee that when she comes back we get another Satomura/Kong singles match for her return

James

Meiko is so so good but Becky's my favorite of the NXT 4 still in this tournament. Becky also got women's wrestling over in WWE in 2015-16 with Sasha out of the picture. It seems clear the initial plan was Charlotte/Sasha at Mania but Becky was able to get herself into the match and possibly into winning the title at Wrestlemania. For the sheer aspect of getting over in WWE is why the Lass Kicker is getting my vote till the end

• Like 1