DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] Sweet 16: SASHA BANKS vs. NEW DAY

RIPPA

MM16: SASHA BANKS vs. NEW DAY  

124 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

This one I can vote on without burying some poor luchadore I've never seen wrestle.

The New Day took SHIT from the creative staff and, with acres of charisma and talent, turned it into one of the most over acts in the company.

However...

Sasha Banks was amazing. 3 MOTY contenders and she's 24 years old. Talent beyond talent.

I love them both but Sasha wins.

I think this is where Sasha's rather uninspiring main roster run and her time missed due to injuries come into play. I think at the time of her great matches, a lot of people here gave her extra credit because nobody realized just how good Bayley is in the ring.

An underrated aspect of the New Day is how much they've strengthened a lot of other people in this tournament. It's something I wasn't even thinking about when voting in previous rounds. UpUpDownDown is a platform that's showed us the personalities of countless wrestlers. Their use of social media has inspired many wrestlers to try to use it in a better way. Their success as an act has led to multiple knock off gimmicks, fans doing the chant in other promotions, and wrestlers in other promotions doing their own little angles with them. They've been excellent podcast guests and their appearances on other WWE network shows have been great.

The sheer volume of great stuff they've done this year is ridiculous when you really think about it.

FOR FUCK'S SAKE STEVE

IT'S AN INTERNET POLL WITH NO CONSEQUENCES IN REAL LIFE

/Rudevoice

Exactly. So I don't feel bad about blowing off the vote to go work on my upper body.

• Like 3

I love New Day, but they started to get a little silly with the unicorn stuff. I feel like they were headed for the main event then did a 180 with the silly stuff. They're still a great act, and the in ring stuff has been very good. Sasha was my favorite act in the world during her time in NXT during the voting period. Her NXT women's title matches made that belt feel like the most important title in the world. I think they brought her up at a weird time while she was still the champ in NXT, and then kinda had to stall her push while they did stuff nobody cared about(like give Nikki the record, and push Charlotte as a face). Still I think there have been more positives than negatives for her main roster run.

Just for the record I am only sexually attracted to Big E

Kofi's chest is too weird and I have to be the loud mouth in the relationship - sorry Xavier

• Like 2

I beat Xavier Woods at NFL Blitz at my arcade this year and he was the coolest dude. Gracious with his time, zero ego. Just the best. But, I beat him at a video game, so he's a fraud.

Did he take out his phone at frequent intervals and show you pictures of women's butts completely unprompted?

• Like 3

I don't think New Day stuff is going to age well guys.

*Going* to not age well?  It already hasn't.

I liked New Day, but the act is getting over done, and slipping back into "not entertaining"

I think Sasha had a more well rounded year. New Day was fucking fantastic and it's absurd how creative they are.  But unfortunately New Day wasn't really allowed to let loose in most of their tag work.  Sasha was awesome both in-ring and out of ring. She had a wonderful social media run in her own right. If New Day had a couple matches like the one we just saw against Y2AJ then they might have gotten this.