DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania XXXII

Dolfan in NYC

I mean, if they're giving away the leap of faith elbow drop on free TV, you'd think they'd have to go much, much bigger for the biggest match of the biggest show of the year.

18 minutes ago, Casey said:

Alvarez is claiming the HIAC match is going on last. So, at least there's that. And a "huge stunt" is being practiced for the match. I wonder what that could be.

I'd have Taker throw Shane off the cage into the arms of the LoN and a ref or two. Would be safe and would be a cool spot at the same time.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Take this with the 481014595381266 grains of salt it deserves - I will put it in spoilers since it is about a Mania surprise

Reveal hidden contents

Ce-pZxMWAAAIyqn.jpg

Given that the "source" is a copy/paste newz site like Wrestling Inc., I'd say it's highly suspect.

Man, I'll tell you what's gonna happen at the WrestlingMania.

Goddamn, pal, 11 matches.  Shit.  Ain't nobody got time to watch all that.

1. US TITLE: Kalisto retains via DQ when The Ryback throws Kalisto over the top rope.  Why is this even on the card?

2.  Usos beat The Duds to retain the...wait a minute, Usos aren't the champs.  Why is this even on the card?

3.  Total Divas beat the not Total Divas in a lousy match where the entrances last longer than the match.  I know why this is on the card cause they need material for Total Divas.

4.  New Day beats LON.  Rock shows up at the end. Transitions into a half hour "comedy" segment.

5.  Bray Wyatt wins Andre Memorial Battle Royal when Rowan and Strowman are tangled up with Show and Kane on the ropes and Wyatt sneaks up from behind and tips them all over.  Start some dissension within the Wyatt Family.  Eventually turn Wyatt face when Harper, Big Red, and The Black Sheep turn on him and join up with Zeb.

6.  Kevin Owens retains in the Shawn Michaels' Hairline Memorial Ladder Match.  Probably 3 concussions, given the participants.  Why are there so many people in this?  There's a battle royal right there for most of these guys.

7.  AJ Styles beats Jericho after a Hollow Point followed by the Styles Clash.  Just kidding, Jericho's gonna kick out of all of Styles' signature moves before tapping to the Calf Crusher.  Dynamite Dave's gonna give it 4 1/4 stars.

Hall Of Fame ceremony leads into Divas Title.  Flair shakes Sting's hand.  Has words with Snoop.

8.  Sasha Banks wins.  Flair gets up on the apron and then Snoop drives down in a blinged out golf cart and pulls him down.  Flair kicks Snoop in the balls and leaves him laying then Snoop's bodyguards tackle Flair.  Charlotte gets distracted because she thinks her father owes those guys money.  Ref also distracted.  Banks pokes Lynch in the eyes and uses her to knock Charlotte out of the ring with the Bushwhacker Battering Ram and then rolls up Lynch for the win with a handful of tights.  Then she celebrates like a cocky heel and walks right past Snoop laying on the arena floor.  Or Snoop delivers a sub-Trump clothesline to lay out the multi-time World Champ and then raises Banks' arm putting the spotlight on the celebrity.

9.  Bork beats Ambrose via a kick in the dick and F5 onto the unforgiving steel steps.

10.  Roman Reigns beats Triple H.  Another overwrought Triple H garbage match.  Triple H will have a sledgehammer hidden somewhere.  Cerebral!

Reigns is over.  You're fooling yourself if you think he's not.  Live event business is good.  He's the face of the A tour.  He's selling tons of merch.  Kids go crazy for him.  Women lose their fucking minds over him.  He's just not over with the audience that attends Raw and the PPVs.  The trick-ass marks that haven't changed their Monday night routine in almost two decades and still pine for The Attitude Era are the ones that are booing him.  Those fans that chant "You've still got it!" to guys that clearly do not still have "it" in a vain attempt to convince themselves that they too could possibly still have "it" when they clearly also do not.  These fans are closer to 40 than 14.  They've aged out but haven't caught on yet.  They go to Raw and the PPVs cause those were the big shows during their youth.  Reigns gets a positive response on live events and SmackDown tapings cause those are attended by the general audience.  They're the ones that count cause they do their talking with their wallets.  WWE fostered this split response with Cena and now they're continuing it with Reigns by not letting Reigns bite back against the boos.  The trick-ass marks would start cheering him if he told them off.  Which is kind of fucked up, really.

And you can't just turn him heel.  First, there's nobody better to replace him as the top face.  Second, that would justify Rollins' heel turn.  Really, there were two opponents better for Reigns at this year's WrestleMania.  1) Lesnar - Reigns still needs to beat Lesnar to solidify himself as the man. or 2) Ambrose - It could've been the two Shield members that stayed the course main eventing on the biggest stage for the richest prize while the guy who took the shortcut to the top sits at home with a bum leg.  Instead the mark-ass tricks in charge are doing the same old shit evil boss storyline that's been done over and over already.

Hopefully, Reigns can survive this and move on to someone else and Triple H can finally move out of the ring.  Reigns is over but this shit booking isn't doing him or the company any good.

11.  Shane McMahon wins Age In The Cage II when he drops an elbow off the top of the open cage roof onto Undertaker and they both go through the ring.  Shane drags Undertaker out and pins him.  Then the lights go out and a fireball shoots up from the ring and Undertaker's "spirit" speaks to the WWE Universe on the JerryTron.

And we're out of time!  See you tomorrow night on Nitro.  Good night everybody!

• Like 1

I think Orton's a more likely surprise battle royal participant than Cena if either of them. I think Cena will appear but not compete while I do hope Orton is a surprise entry.

14 hours ago, nofuture said:

I thought that was sold as Brock and Taker's last match, not Taker's last Cell match.

I had a couple friends that were convinced it was being sold as Taker's last match ever so when they went to Raw in the build up, they bought Taker shirts insisting it was going to be their last chance to do so because he was retiring after HIAC.

On 4/1/2016 at 5:22 AM, RIPPA said:

From Dave's Update yesterday

So just another factor to consider in the "how do they book themselves out of the corners they are in for their two main events"

Way to hedge it up Dave!  Can't be wrong now.

Here's what The Rock posted today....

If.. IF I throw this epic Kerry Von Erich spinning discus punch at #WrestleMania32 here's why it means so much to me.

1986 in Hawaii. My grandmother, Lia Maivia was running a big tribute wrestling show in my grandfather's honor who passed away 4 years earlier. All the biggest stars in wrestling were there paying tribute - Andre the Giant, Antonio Inoki, Dusty Rhodes and one my heroes - Kerry Von Erich.

It was supposed to be an amazing night, until... I got word that Lars Anderson, who was the champion of my grandmother's promotion decided he was NOT going to lose his title that night to a wrestler named "Bad News" Allen. Let me share context with you guys - Lars Anderson comes from a wrestling family known as the Anderson Brothers (Lars and Gene) - and widely considered the legit toughest and meanest SOB's in wrestling. Wrestling historians know what I'm talking about.

In my 14yr old punk brain, I didn't think to keep my nose out of the business, because it's exactly that - business. All I thought was Lars was being disrespectful to my dead grandfather and he needed to get his ass kicked... and was the one to do it.

I stormed into the locker room where ALL the wrestlers were getting dressed, went right up to Lars and said "You disrespectful son of a bitch you won't drop the belt tonight, I'm gonna kick your ass all over.." right at that moment my dad was behind me pulling me away and choking me out (thankfully cause Lars would've f*cked me up). Keep in mind I'm 14yrs old.

I was hysterical, crying and scared. My mom came to the back to console me. People were pissed and I was embarrassed of what I did. The ONE guy who came up to me was Kerry Von Erich and tapped me on the chest and said "Hey kid, it's gonna be alright" and he walked off.

Kerry passed away in 1993, but I'll never forgot that moment when one little gesture from a hero meant so much to that 14yr old punk kid.

So when y'all see me throw that spinning discus punch at #WrestleMania32 you know who it's for. #KerryVonErich #VonErichFam #PeoplesChamp4L

• Like 2

23 hours ago, BEN! said:

10.  Roman Reigns beats Triple H.  Another overwrought Triple H garbage match.  Triple H will have a sledgehammer hidden somewhere.  Cerebral!

Reigns is over.  You're fooling yourself if you think he's not.  Live event business is good.  He's the face of the A tour.  He's selling tons of merch.  Kids go crazy for him.  Women lose their fucking minds over him.  He's just not over with the audience that attends Raw and the PPVs.  The trick-ass marks that haven't changed their Monday night routine in almost two decades and still pine for The Attitude Era are the ones that are booing him.  Those fans that chant "You've still got it!" to guys that clearly do not still have "it" in a vain attempt to convince themselves that they too could possibly still have "it" when they clearly also do not.  These fans are closer to 40 than 14.  They've aged out but haven't caught on yet.  They go to Raw and the PPVs cause those were the big shows during their youth.  Reigns gets a positive response on live events and SmackDown tapings cause those are attended by the general audience.  They're the ones that count cause they do their talking with their wallets.  WWE fostered this split response with Cena and now they're continuing it with Reigns by not letting Reigns bite back against the boos.  The trick-ass marks would start cheering him if he told them off.  Which is kind of fucked up, really.

And you can't just turn him heel.  First, there's nobody better to replace him as the top face.  Second, that would justify Rollins' heel turn.  Really, there were two opponents better for Reigns at this year's WrestleMania.  1) Lesnar - Reigns still needs to beat Lesnar to solidify himself as the man. or 2) Ambrose - It could've been the two Shield members that stayed the course main eventing on the biggest stage for the richest prize while the guy who took the shortcut to the top sits at home with a bum leg.  Instead the mark-ass tricks in charge are doing the same old shit evil boss storyline that's been done over and over already.

Hopefully, Reigns can survive this and move on to someone else and Triple H can finally move out of the ring.  Reigns is over but this shit booking isn't doing him or the company any good.

I'm going to disagree. Roman is less improved and less popular Cena, Cena was the less popular and less improved Rock/Austin, who were the improved and more popular HBK/Bret. You put the two of them side by side and Cena will get the bigger pop and sell more merch, and will get more women going nuts for him. Although Cena's not meant to appeal to me, at least he's a good worker and he obviously gets the reactions to justify his push. Roman doesn't. He's only the top non-Cena non-Brock face because he's being pushed as such and WWE doesn't let anyone get over. Dean Ambrose, with the same push and focus, would do better than Reigns, but they don't see him as the top face because of um..his hair? I don't know really. I'd love a good explanation as to why.  Dean and The New Day are the top non-Cena, non-Brock faces right now, and ND aren't even faces.

Live event business isn't really going anywhere. For any non-smart fans, it's the only time they see wrestling each year. WWE doesn't even tell you what the card is going to be most of the time, so it really doesn't matter. As long as the prices are reasonable and they are on TV, they can get 2,000 people to come.

WWE can make anyone they want the top face and they've already decided that with Reigns. It doesn't matter as long as they get the 3 million or so views each week on Raw since PPV buys don't count anymore. None of their stars are larger than the business and none of their stars are going to turn it around, because WWE won't let them. It's the brand, not the wrestlers these days. This is how we've ended up with Shane McMahon: Wrestlemania Main Eventer. And the only way this changes is if Vince dies.

I also want to add that few of us would be here if our parents weren't wrestling fans. No parental fans > no kid fans. If you please the adults, you will get more kids watching.

• Like 2