DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania XXXII

Dolfan in NYC

So presuming Roman is going over, any ideas on how they're going to keep Mania from ending with boos? The only thing I can think of is someone not in the match, like Ambrose or a Shocking Return (tm), laying out both guys.

1 hour ago, Godfrey said:

So presuming Roman is going over, any ideas on how they're going to keep Mania from ending with boos? The only thing I can think of is someone not in the match, like Ambrose or a Shocking Return (tm), laying out both guys.

I have a feeling Shane/Taker will be the main event. 

I'd say there's a pretty decent chance of that. Even if the crowd is lukewarm to negative about Taker losing, there are lots of worse ways to end the show than "Thank you Taker" chants. Alternatively, Taker wins and there's some big angle that gets good heat.

Or they can just hope the overly long nature of the show wears the crowd down and HHH/Roman goes as written to mostly neutral silence.

I still think Shane is involved in the finish of the Roman/Hunter match. Either he helps end his brother-in-law's title reign or he helps Hunter beat Roman and say the whole McMahons fueding was just a giant mindfuck to Roman who was never involved with Shane to begin with

I have two ideas.

1. Roman comes out to new music, wears new gear, and absolutely steamrolls Triple H like Brock Lesnar dismantling Cena at Summerslam. Give H some hope spots but it's over and done with quick.

2. Eva Marie runs in and low blows Trips and Roman cheats to win and Roman and Eva make out to deafening boos.

Post-WM, either way, Roman only wrestles on  PPVs or specials, and you build up Ambrose as the top face.

• Like 1

Seth Rollins doing a run in (reports say he's been training in the ring again) and costing either Roman or Triple H the title would be very amusing depending on which way they flip that coin. I mean it wouldn't be too much for him to hop the rail and crack one of them with a chair while the ref was down.

49 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Didn't Vince mention during his promo this past Monday that Shane/Taker was going to be the main event?

According to some news reports, Vince and Triple H are fighting like over which match should go on last. Some say Vince wants Triple H/Roman but Triple H wants Taker/Shane because he knows Roman getting booed will end the show on a really bad note. Plus Shane/Taker is clearly the bigger story now, but Vince doesn't buy that. Hes still all "Roman needs his Wrestlemania moment".

On 3/24/2016 at 1:30 PM, Cristobal said:

WWE is pretty well all-in on the Network. If PPV isn't completely killed off yet, it's only a matter of time, since it was only a matter of time until it wasn't viable anyway.

Considering the PPV companies get a ridiculous fee for doing nothing more than allowing the show to be broadcast, they deserve to die.

Go get'em Becky! (Why is this so big?)

• Like 1

It's depressing to think about how even with the injuries, how much better this Wrestlemania could have been with better booking.

After the Rollins injury, turn Roman heel, have him become the new Corporate Champ, screwing Ambrose in the finals of the tournament for the vacant title at last year's Survivor Series. This leads to Ambrose winning the Rumble and getting this rematch against his former friend.

Instead of running Taker vs. Lesnar III at last year's Hell in a Cell, save it for Mania.

Have Shane face Triple H for control of the company, the guy that actually took his spot as heir to the throne.

Make the giant mess of a ladder match the US Title match, and give Owens and Sami a one-on-one match for the IC Title.

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 6:32 PM, Phantom Lord said:

Seth Rollins doing a run in (reports say he's been training in the ring again) and costing either Roman or Triple H the title would be very amusing depending on which way they flip that coin. I mean it wouldn't be too much for him to hop the rail and crack one of them with a chair while the ref was down.

They could have Rollins come back as a heel to chase Roman. Because as this WM proves, in WWE every round hole needs a square peg.

On 3/25/2016 at 7:45 PM, Phantom Lord said:

According to some news reports, Vince and Triple H are fighting like over which match should go on last. Some say Vince wants Triple H/Roman but Triple H wants Taker/Shane because he knows Roman getting booed will end the show on a really bad note. Plus Shane/Taker is clearly the bigger story now, but Vince doesn't buy that. Hes still all "Roman needs his Wrestlemania moment".

Yes I am sure that if Shane/Taker becomes the main event it gives Triple H more of a reason to be involved in the finish of the match which if you are going to lose the belt is a great backup plan :rolleyes:

Predictions!

Total Divas vs. BAD and Blonde - Divas win, with Brie getting the pin. Eva tries to steal the glory, and gets taken down. 

Usos vs. Dudleys - Usos win and put one or both Dudleys through a table. 

US Champ Kalisto vs Ryback - Ryback wins the title.

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal - I think  Mark Henry wins, since it's most likely his last WrestleMania. 

New Day vs. League of Nations - Will we see a surprise partner for New Day?Some are saying The Rock, but that seems like a waste. Maybe Michael Hayes accompanies them to the ring. Anyways, since it's apparently non-title, I think New Day wins.

AJ Styles vs Chris Jericho - Should be a fun match. I'd be very surprised if Styles doesn't win this. 

WWE Divas Champ Charlotte vs. Becky Lynch vs Sasha Banks - Snoop accompanies his cousin Sasha to ringside and has some fun interaction with Ric Flair. Sasha wins what should be a really good match. 

Intercontinental Champ Kevin Owens vs. Sin Cara vs. Sami Zayn vs. Stardust vs. The Miz vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Zack Ryder - Probably gonna come down to KO and Zayn battling it out on top of the ladder. Zayn could very well win, but I think the belt stays on Owens for a little bit longer. 

Dean Ambrose vs. Brock Lesnar in a No Holds Barred Street Fight - Wyatts (Bray, specifically) costs Brock the match. Should be crazy fun. 

WWE World Champion Triple H vs. Roman Reigns - Reigns is absolutely 100% winning this match. Please don't even think otherwise. However, I think some shenanigans take place (heel turn? a returning superstar interfering?). This should be a hard hitting, physical match, but everyone is gonna shit all over it because of the outcome. 

The Undertaker vs. Shane McMahon Hell In A Cell - Shane wins after tons of interference from everyone imaginable. This one is going to be chaos. I think Vince takes a tomsbstone from Taker, no matter what. 

So Vince Russo made a very good point (I hate myself for saying that) on the Wrestlezone podcast today that none of the heels have any heat going into Wrestlemania. He's not totally right, because I would say Charlotte looks pretty strong heading into the show, but aside from her:

League of Nations: Lost on RAW and look like total jobbers, there's no reason to believe even in a handicapped match situation that they will win.

Chris Jericho: Loses after AJ Styles interferes, then cuts a sniveling whiny heel promo afterward (which I thought was funny, btw), but he's definitely reeling heading into the WM match.

Kevin Owens: Gets pinned cleanly by someone in his multi-man ladder match.

Triple H: Did get a good beatdown on Reigns, but he made his big "babyface" comeback and got the big over the top rope spot at the end, sending Triple H backpeddling up the ramp.

In general, there's really no reason to get emotionally invested in seeing any of these guys get their comeuppance, because in one way or another it's already happened.

My prediction:

Total Divas vs. BAD and Blonde - Team BAD & Blonde win when Eva turns on the Total Divas after no one tags her in, so during the big brawl, she hits Sliced Red #2 on Brie and Lana gets the pinfall

Usos vs. Dudleys - Usos win no one cares

US Champ Kalisto vs Ryback - Kalisto retains since I think every other title holder loses.

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal - Mark Henry wins, Kane/Show eliminate each other, Curtis Axel comes out wearing a multi-colored Mr. Perfect-esque singlet and makes it to the final three when Bo Dallas eliminates him and then Henry kills Dallas to win the battle royal.

New Day vs. League of Nations - New Day and whoever their special guest is wins.

AJ Styles vs Chris Jericho - I'd have Styles win really quickly, like in three minutes. Show that Styles really is a class above Jericho and outsmart and maneuver him

WWE Divas Champ Charlotte vs. Becky Lynch vs Sasha Banks - Hall of Famer Snoop Dogg and Hall of Famer Ric Flair get into a brawl, Sasha goes to break it up, Charlotte gets caught in the Disarmer and taps in the middle of the ring. Becky finally wins the big one. Possible match of the night.

Intercontinental Champ Kevin Owens vs. Sin Cara vs. Sami Zayn vs. Stardust vs. The Miz vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Zack Ryder - I think they go for shock value here and Zack Ryder ends up leaving with the belt. Owens and Zayn will be too busy fighting each other, same with Ziggler/Miz. Stardust and Ryder will fight over the belt, Stephen Amell does the run-in to make sure Stardust doesn't get the title and Ryder wins.

The Undertaker vs. Shane McMahon Hell In A Cell - Shane wins after shenanigans, going to be a live action car crash that some people will love and others will hate

Dean Ambrose vs. Brock Lesnar in a No Holds Barred Street Fight - Dean actually wins clean after a bunch of plunder, however the Wyatt Family come out, beat up Heyman and carry off Lesnar's body

WWE World Champion Triple H vs. Roman Reigns - Reigns is absolutely 100% winning this match. Please don't even think otherwise. I think this match will get changed to no DQ, no countout. I'd have a beatdown similar to Brock's on Cena at SummerSlam two years ago, only instead of Hunter making a comeback, it's the LON, Dudleyz who interfere. This leads to the New Day and Usos to run everyone off. I would ape the Owens/Zayn finish where Hunter is just too beat up to continue. The ref calls off the match, hands Reigns the belt, Hunter gets stretchered out with a crying Stephanie going off with him. The show ends with the Anoa'i family in the ring celebrating with Roman Reigns to a chorus of boos

Prediction time:

Total Divas vs. Bad and Blonde: B&B wins after Eva accidentally or purposely hits one of her teammates. Brie takes the fall since she's on her way out.

Usos vs. Dudleys: Usos in the most heatless match of the night.

Kalisto vs. Ryback: This is a toss-up, but I'll go with Kalisto since he's the babyface at Mania.

IC ladder match: Owens retains

Battle Royal: I've had a gut feeling Kane was winning this match for about 6 months, so I'm sticking with it.

Styles vs. Jericho: AJ

ND vs. LON: Is there any doubt Barrett eats the pin?

Divas Title: I thought this was MITB for Sasha, but now I'm kind of leaning towards Becky. Either way, it'll be a great spot for one of those two, probably my most anticipated moment on the show. I'm a sucker for "boyhood dream" moments.

Ambrose vs. Lesnar: Brock's the most protected guy on the roster, I don't see him losing to Dean here. If they're smart they'll give Dean a Stone Cold finish where he passes out in the kimura. Should be the best match on the show. Since the Wyatts are conspicuous by their absence, they show up after to start the feud with Brock.

Roman vs. HHH: Roman wins. So it is written, so it shall come to pass.

Taker vs. Shane: Somehow there's enough smoke and mirrors in this match to make Shane freaking McMahon beating Taker at WM seem acceptable. I've looked on wiki, and yes, all the Mean Street Posse members are still alive so they damn well better make an appearance. Taker beats up Vince afterwards and rides off into the sunset.

I would book Shane-Taker to be Shane getting his ass beat all match with Vince at ringside. Vince demands Undertaker prolong the beating and won't let him pin Shane with Taker getting fed up by it all. All the stalling gives Shane an upper hand to get a few big spots in, and he ends up winning via some sort of shenanigans.

HHH-Reigns: Roman wins, turns heel during or after match, build toward heel Reigns-face Rollins main event at Summerslam.

Ambrose-Lesnar: I like Ambrose winning here actually. I mean someone, at some point, is going to have to beat Lesnar. I don't think losing in a gimmick weapons match is going to hurt him any and it solidifies Ambrose as a top guy.

Divas title: This isn't the right time for Sasha to win it. There's just not enough of a groundswell of support. I like Charlotte to retain, build her up more as a heel champ and it will mean more when Sasha or Bayley takes the belt off her this summer.

New Day obviously over League of Nations.

Styles over Jericho.

Andre Battle Royal: Mark Henry.

IC Ladder match: Owens.

US Title: Kalisto.