DVDVR Message Board

Sept Wrestling Jibber Jabber Thread

RIPPA

Whoa.

Wrong thread entirely.

Sorry.

If this post was your response to the Savoldi post - you were fine since I merged the threads together

There was no need for a separate thread for a death that had occurred last week and had already been discussed in here.

Idea for TV show: we've all seen those shows where an expert in his or her field enters into a failing business/troubled domestic situation and revamps, re-energises and generally embiggens the spirits of those involved (think Kitchen Nightmares or Tabitha's Salon thingy). Well, why not have a show like that for indie wrestling? You take someone with success in the industry and send them off to struggling indies to try to turn things around. They can sit down with the promoter and talk business, when to book name talent, attracting a fanbase etc, and then talk to the workers about how and when it is appropriate to shake someone's hand, why going to a show promoted by someone else makes you a mark, and so on. The first show is a two parter in which our expert visits TNA, also the last shows filmed after he ends up like the nanny who tried to tame Eric Cartman.

• Like 1

Idea for TV show: we've all seen those shows where an expert in his or her field enters into a failing business/troubled domestic situation and revamps, re-energises and generally embiggens the spirits of those involved (think Kitchen Nightmares or Tabitha's Salon thingy). Well, why not have a show like that for indie wrestling? You take someone with success in the industry and send them off to struggling indies to try to turn things around. They can sit down with the promoter and talk business, when to book name talent, attracting a fanbase etc, and then talk to the workers about how and when it is appropriate to shake someone's hand, why going to a show promoted by someone else makes you a mark, and so on. The first show is a two parter in which our expert visits TNA, also the last shows filmed after he ends up like the nanny who tried to tame Eric Cartman.

I like the idea, but unfortunately I bet the only way a network would do it was if the guy was fuckin Hogan.Actually, that might be entertaining in the opposite way...

I have actually pitched this idea to a friend of mine that works in the television industry (peripherally... but still). I was actually talking about it on the twitter, and I think some of yall liked the idea. 

• Like 1

I think what I would rather watch would be a reality show in which Vince goes and tries to fix failing businesses he knows nothing about. I would be all about Vince screaming at some 20 something hipster who is running a free trade vegan coffee shop.

• Like 14

I have actually pitched this idea to a friend of mine that works in the television industry (peripherally... but still). I was actually talking about it on the twitter, and I think some of yall liked the idea. 

I actually think it could be very successful. It has that element of venturing into a niche community that has been so succussful for shows like Ice Road Truckers, Duck Dynasty, etc, while also giving the viewer that sense, with all due respect, of superiority which seems to be a cornerstone of the reality tv market. Plus, there are enough larger than life personas and potential confrontations, with the added threat of violence, to make it compelling.

My choice as host, without putting a huge amount of thought into it, would be Cornette. Now, I know the bloom is long off the rose with regards to him being some creative genius, and we probably all tired of his rants a long time ago too, but I think to those unfamiliar with him he'd be an entertaining host, a tough talker who isn't afraid to get in people's faces, with a rich history in the business both from a performance standpoint and a booking/promoting standpoint, and obviously a lot of knowledge.

I think what I would rather watch would be a reality show in which Vince goes and tries to fix failing businesses he knows nothing about. I would be all about Vince screaming at some 20 something hipster who is running a free trade vegan coffee shop.

Fuck yes. Is there a Kickstarter I can contribute to???Also, Cornette would be good, but I'd prefer Bill Watts.

Fuck yes. Is there a Kickstarter I can contribute to???Also, Cornette would be good, but I'd prefer Bill Watts.

With Cornette, you get the added comedy bonus of filming him taking the cast through various drive-thrus.

Cornette would be the best. And if you look at these clowns that have become stars off of reality TV, Corny would have this down cold.

I mean if this event had been recorded for TLC:

We'd all be buying "Preposterosity" shirts at Wal-Mart.

Are there enough indy feds that are struggling-by-indy-standards to even make a single season of that?  The whole point of those restaurant/hotel/whatever shows is that they are incredibly competitive industries.  You pretty much corner a market when you open an indy fed, though.