DVDVR Message Board

Sept Wrestling Jibber Jabber Thread

RIPPA

I think that wrestling discussion here seems narrower than even last year, I liked it when people were pimping matches left, right and centre. It felt as if I was constantly being led towards new stuff, or at least stuff that was new to me. Who was it that was always trying to pimp Vordell Walker matches? Is that Chilean lucha company still on the go? Why isn't Dean watching more obscure stuff for our amusement?

I could be more proactive with seeking out my fix but I know I'd have to wade through swamps of bad wrestling. And I'm lazy.

Speaking of Vordell, he's on that TCW Wrestling show on some wacky hunting channel high on the dial.

Just got a Highspots emailer, alerting me that $5 Wrestling's new event is ready for order, and so help me, fuck you, to whoever started using numbers for letters (I blame "Thir13en Ghosts"), because "5EVER" now either looks like "sever" or "fever."  Definitely not "five-ever," which is actually an entirely different reason altogether that I fear for the future of my daughter's education.

• Like 2

Gotta love Vordell Walker.  Anyone who kicks Rick Steiner's ass to begin with is ok in my book, but to do so at a Christian wrestling show is just beautiful.

Just got a Highspots emailer, alerting me that $5 Wrestling's new event is ready for order, and so help me, fuck you, to whoever started using numbers for letters (I blame "Thir13en Ghosts"), because "5EVER" now either looks like "sever" or "fever."  Definitely not "five-ever," which is actually an entirely different reason altogether that I fear for the future of my daughter's education.

That's one of my pet peeves too.  Like that movie "Sesevenen."

Has Jeff Hardy ever wrestled Paul London? I know yall hate Jeff Hardy around here. I always loved the dude. And I have always loved Paul London. Watching a Paul London WWE-a thon on YouTube right now. Damn this dude messed up by laughing backstage and getting caught by Vince.

On the whole "test of strength handshake" issue a bit earlier - an opinion I kept trying to post but my phone is a piece of shit - I'm usually about as impressed when some dude tries to crush my hand in a handshake as I am some fucking fucker on a message board gloating about his post count.  I actually have called a few gents - yes, even in professional settings, including, famously for me, a supervisor's supervisor - jackasses for that kind of impotence highlighting behavior.

(Wow, that last bit sounded like word filtering, huh.)

In that case you should look around to the other people in the room to see their opinion and then kick him in the gut. Fans love when babyfaces do that to heels.

Has Jeff Hardy ever wrestled Paul London? I know yall hate Jeff Hardy around here. I always loved the dude. And I have always loved Paul London. Watching a Paul London WWE-a thon on YouTube right now. Damn this dude messed up by laughing backstage and getting caught by Vince.

One singles match (in Mexico City, of all places).

Also a four-way ladder match at Armageddon '06 and three battle royals, which is kinda weird.  Apparently WWE did a bunch of battle royals in '07.

That's one of my pet peeves too. Like that movie "Sesevenen."

THAT's exactly the one I was thinking of, but I blanked. Then I got stuck on either "Thir13en Ghosts" or "Hall8ween: Resurrection." Shitty trend ... shitty shitty trend.

That would be Darren Corbin, he could manipulate time, some people were immune to it though...

And then the 1-2-3 Kid stole it from him. So I think it's a Minnesota virus now.

I have to admit, that kinda brought back the dislike of Waltman again, after giving him a pass from 2011.  Torn anus or not, you just don't steal a man's bread-and-butter gimmick.

That's why I no-prized it to claim it was a MN thing.

• Like 1

I don't think the Raw discussion has fallen off at all - and I'd chalk that up to the big storyline making people care what happens again.

Agreed, the Raw threads have been loaded since SummerSlam. I also think NXT gets talked about more than ever lately and SD usually gets a decent amount of discussion as well.

Always a big Hardy fan here as well, I was just watching some of his last WWE run on youtube

On the whole "test of strength handshake" issue a bit earlier - an opinion I kept trying to post but my phone is a piece of shit - I'm usually about as impressed when some dude tries to crush my hand in a handshake as I am some fucking fucker on a message board gloating about his post count. I actually have called a few gents - yes, even in professional settings, including, famously for me, a supervisor's supervisor - jackasses for that kind of impotence highlighting behavior.(Wow, that last bit sounded like word filtering, huh.)

In that case you should look around to the other people in the room to see their opinion and then kick him in the gut. Fans love when babyfaces do that to heels.
...There's part of me that thinks you're making fun. But then, you have "liked" posts that I have made about the wrestlings. So I'm conflicted ... perhaps I will be a better judge upon the morrow.

He's referring to a wrestling spot, a spot you should do next time someone crushes your hand because it would be awesome.

Might've been clearer to have suggested he do a Kick - Wham - Stunner.

What is the 'wham' part of that, anyway? The Stunnee bending over? Austin turning around?

Part two of WWE's article on Daniel Bryan is like the first part, needs reading:

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/history-of-daniel-bryan-part-two-26149549

At SummerSlam 2013, Bryan captured his first WWE Championship by defeating none other than Cena himself, 10 years after their first match on Velocity. To finish Cena off for good, Bryan used another indie move: A running Busaiku Knee to the head, a favorite of his old rival KENTA – the same guy who brought his sister to tears.

Maybe this should go in "What are you watching" but the topic is relevant to this thread too

As much as people bad mouth him now, I used to appreciate listening to TAZZ on Smackdown because he didn't pretend that nothing exists outside of WWE.

Watching to a match now between Eddy/Ultimo and Sasuke's name was dropped.

What's up with Samoa Joe? Why is he still in TNA?

Here are the the last things I remember about the guy:

- his match vs Kobashi, which was pretty great and the real catalyst for me getting into 90's AJPW

- going to TNA, meh.

- Kurt Angle going to TNA and people creaming themselves because Angle vs Joe, meh.

- A rumour about him being up for the Umaga spot but turning it down and Eddie Fatu picking up the ball and scoring the touchdown

- Now

With a ton of indie dudes being in the E some way or another, I would have guessed Joe would be there being Joe Sam, the Samoan Guy.