DVDVR Message Board

Sept Wrestling Jibber Jabber Thread

RIPPA

I swear I though that was Slick in the poster for a second. But then I thought, where is the overwhelming charisma. Also why is he not old as dirt and on a PPV poster in 2013.

R-Truth on a PPV poster in 2013 doesn't make enormously more sense.

I was reading some old DDT Digest reviews and one of them mentioned a WWF special called "WWF: The Way We Were" that was airing after RAW on 7/14/97. I did a cursory look up on the old YouTubes and on Daily Motion, but to no avail. Does anyone remember this special and if so, would you mind letting me know if you think that it is worth trying to more actively track down?

Believe it was the Summerslam special. It showed clips of Hogan, Savage, Bret and Piper. 

Thank you very much. I might try to look for it some more just to see how 1997 Vince's VOs talk about all these guys that have left for WCW and made Nitro such a hot show. 

They were in a weird position. Since they could not bury Hogan and company, because in this case they would bury themselves. So they made it sound like they burnt out after leaving the WWF. The Survivor Series special/VHS was even better. They editing Survivor Series 96 to look like Austin beat Bret and Andre retired Hogan at Survivor Series 87. 

Wikipedia was no help - does Mysterio keep hurting the same knee all of the time, the one he wears that gigantic brace on, or does he injure different knees? He's gotta be close to the end of the line, injury-wise. He's not even 40 yet.

WWE should start a small-time promotion full of masked luchadores, make it kid-friendly, make Mysterio the on-camera boss and syndicate the shows in markets with heavy Latin populations. Keep it afloat with limited house shows and merch sales. If anybody takes off, bring them up to the big time. 

Wikipedia was no help - does Mysterio keep hurting the same knee all of the time, the one he wears that gigantic brace on, or does he injure different knees? He's gotta be close to the end of the line, injury-wise. He's not even 40 yet.

Keep in mind that Rey started at 15. 

WWE should start a small-time promotion full of masked luchadores, make it kid-friendly, make Mysterio the on-camera boss and syndicate the shows in markets with heavy Latin populations. Keep it afloat with limited house shows and merch sales. If anybody takes off, bring them up to the big time. 

They already tried Super Astros and failed at that. 

They already tried Super Astros and failed at that. 

Forgotten about that. Don't use big names, kinda make it a Latin-flavored NXT. Kiddie it up. 

I asked this last month but I think it got lost amongst the postmodernism:Is there a Best of WCW Saturday Night set anyone knows of? Or best of WCWSN/Pro/Worldwide?

There is definitely no "official" set, but I know you can find torrents of complete episodes. An "unofficial" best of the B-shows" comp, of only the Saturday & syndicated shows would have potential for some good stuff.
Those sets would be a dream. I'm sucker for those shows over Nitro and Thunder because of the odd match-ups and appearances. I always loved that futuristic, sci-fi designed Saturday Night set and the show open too.
I'd love to see 911 in WCW and a quick search on YouTube produced nothing