DVDVR Message Board

Sept Wrestling Jibber Jabber Thread

RIPPA

This fucking thread. I wonder what kind of discourse the last three days of this month will bring...

Shhh! Grown folks are talking! We aren't supposed to comment on 95% of this being complete nonsense.

Wrestling exists in a vacuum ... that why sometimes ... >_> ... <_< ... it sucks.

Sting should have gone over clean as a fucking whistle at Starrcade. It's insane that he didn't. Insane.

Blame Bret. Well, actually, no. Blame Bischoff for not putting Bret in a match, and instead thinking he would get his shining moment by restarting the match.

Here is some fantasy booking bullshit that will never happen. Kevin Sullivan gets brought in as Grampa Wyatt. 

Nah. Kev's BAHSTIN accent would ruin the gimmick.

I was considering that. It would be like the Varsity Club, the whole gag is none of them are related. It is a cult lead by Sullivan. 

All I've gotten from this past few pages is that wrestling fans will argue inanely with other wrestling fans about ANYTHING.  No matter what:  TIME TO ARGUE.  It's really fucking tiresome.

I remember the days when we would sit and admire pro wrestling.

People on the internet in general will argue about anything.

All I've gotten from this past few pages is that wrestling fans will argue inanely with other wrestling fans about ANYTHING.  No matter what:  TIME TO ARGUE.  It's really fucking tiresome.

I remember the days when we would sit and admire pro wrestling.

People on the internet in general will argue about anything.

No, they won't.

• Like 2

I think the Sting-Hogan double turn would have been interesting, if only to see how they tied it into the original Fake Sting, and Sting getting pissed that everyone thought he was aligned with the nWo. There would probably be a semi-believable way to pull off Sting being the behind the scenes leader of the nWo from the beginning, and the whole thing was a set up to discredit/destroy Hogan.

Of course, it would also lead to Hogan destroying the nWo single-handedly, so...

I think it would work as how many of the key WCW players at the time were only defacto faces (Horsemen, DOD), or had spent a large amount of time as a heel (Luger, Giant, DDP). Eventually you have da numbers game turn against the NWO, and bring up how many of the lower card guys only joined the NWO as they were threatened into doing so, and see them jump ship at the first sign of the tide turning, and being real cowardly heels. You could even do the NWO split based on the true believers of the "for life" mantra vs. those who jumped ship.

From there, you essentially do the Flair abuse of power angle from a year later, but without as many top guys on the injured list. I reckon it'd be kinda cool to continue the dynamic of Sting appearing from the rafters or under the ring and attacking guys as a heel, I don't think it's ever really been done before during the time of Monday nights to see the show end with this Jaws-like scene where the faces have no idea where this heel threat is going to come from.

Of course, it'd be difficult to build up guys like Goldberg and Booker T as they did, but as heels, I'm sure they'd manage.

Speaking of wrestling fan perception:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/christopherlcooper/the-professional-wrestling-fan-a-documentary-film

The Professional Wrestling Fan

A Documentary Film by Christopher Cooper.

Millions of people around the world watch professional wrestling every week. The common misconception is that professional wrestling fans are dumb, uneducated and immature. This simply isn't true and as far from the truth as you can get. They may look at you like YOU ARE dumb and CLEARLY uneducated when you repeatedly ask them if they know its FAKE but this film will help you understand why they have dedicated the bulk their lives to this particular form of entertainment. The Professional Wrestling Fan, A Documentary Film by Christopher L. Cooper in Association with The Nose Bleed Seats Entertainment is set to be released in January 2015.

When will people learn that a camera and some editing software don't make you a fucking documentary filmmaker?  

That's a terrible idea for a documentary.  Who gives a shit?  All sorts of people oppressed in this world and some dude is worried about how wrestling fans are perceived?  

Fucking ridiculous.  

• Like 9

Now may not be the best time to bring this up, but for my advanced video projects class, I'm required to shoot a half hour to hour long pilot for a quiz show style game show. Is there anyone here in the Atlanta area who'd be up for a "Stump the Schwab" style wrestling quiz show?

There are a few where the slogans work perfectly for someone fighting cancer (with the Rise Above Cancer on the back)

Henry's, Ziggler's, Sandow's and even The Miz's work really really well

But yeah - there should be like a zillion Mark Henry shirts sold

• Like 1

That's a really cool thing to do. I'm glad there is a PTP shirt there, I remember on NXT Titus wore special trunks in honour of Cancer Awareness Month, so its clearly a cause close to him.

PWS just tweeted that Cody Rhodes will make his debut for them when his "no-compete" expires, which Cody acknowledged, so looks like he's being allowed to work a date to sell the angle.