DVDVR Message Board

Sept Wrestling Jibber Jabber Thread

RIPPA

That's cos he's French so we go by the way they say it. Dr Wagner is Mexican. Robert Wagner is American. Richard Wagner was German so we use the V sound.

As one of the French resident, I can say it  would be Wenger in French. But he is Alsacian, so it is Venger (basically german pronunciation).

On one of his shoots Jim Cornette said Triple H is the guy who works with the guy who draws the money. Then I realized Million Dollar Man was basically that guy for the WWF working with Hogan, Savage and Warrior befoer leaving.

So, politics and such aside, which guy was better at working with the draws and which guy would you rather have working with your top guy?

EDIT: And who would you say is your favorite "Guy Who Works With the Top Draw" Guy?

On one of his shoots Jim Cornette said Triple H is the guy who works with the guy who draws the money. Then I realized Million Dollar Man was basically that guy for the WWF working with Hogan, Savage and Warrior befoer leaving.So, politics and such aside, which guy was better at working with the draws and which guy would you rather have working with your top guy?

I'm not a Triple H hater, but DiBiase showing ass more often than once in a blue moon means he wins this.

EDIT: And who would you say is your favorite "Guy Who Works With the Top Draw" Guy?

It seems like there was such an ideal progression back then:

1) Be the guy who beats up Honky

graduate to

2) Be the guy who beats up DiBiase

graduate to

3) Be the guy who teams with Hogan

graduate to

4) Be the next heel turn main event against Hogan

graduate to

5) Be the guy who teams with Honky

(note: This last step is just a placeholder for "get buried once Hogan doesn't need you anymore")

But I don't know if anyone other than Savage follwed those steps exactly.

Wrestling News World claim there's heat on Ryback over the table botch on Raw:

There's major heat on Ryback over the table spot with CM Punk last night on Raw. Ryback’s was to put Punk through the table. As seen on Raw, not only did Ryback not direct Punk but he turned his wrist at the last second and caused Punk to almost miss the table and barely catch any of it on the way down. The nasty bump caused Punk to be legitimately busted open and receive medical attention backstage. Word backstage is that, rather than apologize, Ryback told a producer that Punk quote “should have bumped better.” When Punk found out about this he and Ryback ended up having words over it and almost coming to blows when Curtis Axel stepped in and tried to play the role of peace maker. Triple H ended up getting involved, pulling Ryback aside and speaking with him behind closed doors.

They really should have just brought Ohno in for this portion of the Punk/Heyman storyline, and saved the Punk Vs. Monster heel feud for WM against Brock. Instead they have to deal with a wrestler who is slowly burning bridges.

Is it just me or does Ryback just not seem like the brightest guy?

I don't know if that WNW story is 100% true, but that table spot went so terribly wrong I can't think people in WWE were just fine with it.

On one of his shoots Jim Cornette said Triple H is the guy who works with the guy who draws the money. Then I realized Million Dollar Man was basically that guy for the WWF working with Hogan, Savage and Warrior befoer leaving.

So, politics and such aside, which guy was better at working with the draws and which guy would you rather have working with your top guy?

Well, audiences loved Hogan, Savage, and Warrior (and Undertaker).  Audiences hate Cena, are mildly enthused with Orton, and were okay with Batista.  DiBiasi remained the top guy despite never winning against those guys (it's shocking, even with the less frequent title changes, that he never held the belt), while Triple H manages the same success by winning all the Goddamn time.  And as mentioned, Triple H only jokes around to help himself and Shawn out, while DiBiasi was the consummate performer.

I'm totally letting my anti-Trips bias seep in here, but holy shit, DiBiasi takes this in a walk-off.

They really should have just brought Ohno in for this portion of the Punk/Heyman storyline, and saved the Punk Vs. Monster heel feud for WM against Brock. Instead they have to deal with a wrestler who is slowly burning bridges.

Is it just me or does Ryback just not seem like the brightest guy?

I don't know if that WNW story is 100% true, but that table spot went so terribly wrong I can't think people in WWE were just fine with it.

Ryback reads one or two books a month!  Of course he's a genius.