DVDVR Message Board

Sept Wrestling Jibber Jabber Thread

RIPPA

Ultimo's WWE run was gravy anyways, since it was thought his career was over due to the botched elbow surgery back when WCW shut down. Sin Cara's gone from being a top draw in Mexico to being an injury-prone slopmonster.

I feel like there will be whole shoot videos of people who witnessed the whole mess first hand, telling the horrible tale from their perspective like a Wrestling Rashomon. And the host of those shoot videos will ask every guest how big Mistico's dong is.

Posted Image

Wow. I'm in awe of how perfectly you executed that. Well done. I somehow forgot all about that shirt.

Yep.  The Natural is one of my favorite dudes here, but that pushed it to a whole new level.  Bravo sir.

• Like 1

I can't imagine Sin Cara having any desire to re-sign, any more than I can imagine Vince having any interest in re-signing him, so what's next? IIRC he left CMLL on bad terms, would they rehire him just so they could "punish" him?  Would Konnan hire him for AAA and give him a new gimmick?

He was a great heel, and had mostly good matches while on top. Worked well with big dudes and little guys. Was one of the best promo guys in the company during his big run. I think he was a huge surprise, and he kept Smackdown entertaining when they'd get draft raped. As a Smackdown historian, I'd say he was one of the MVPs of the brand.

• Like 1

Konnan always speaks on WWE dropping the ball with Mistico. There should have been a few people brought along with him to WWE that were able to work his style. Instead of having him in the ring with people that have NO CLUE how to work the lucha style.

Seems like everyone's forgotten about Hunico.  Granted, that's just one guy.

I feel like there will be whole shoot videos of people who witnessed the whole mess first hand, telling the horrible tale from their perspective like a Wrestling Rashomon. And the host of those shoot videos will ask every guest how big Mistico's dong is.

Posted Image

I clicked "like," in the absence of a "proposed marriage to this exchange regardless of my local community's acceptance of the love I have for it" option.

• Like 1

Konnan always speaks on WWE dropping the ball with Mistico. There should have been a few people brought along with him to WWE that were able to work his style. Instead of having him in the ring with people that have NO CLUE how to work the lucha style.

Seems like everyone's forgotten about Hunico.  Granted, that's just one guy.

Yeah, what with Misterio, Del Rio, Punk, Danielson, Claudio, the aforementioned Hunico, and innumerable folks far better and just on the verge of call-ups ... y'know, nowhere to be found.

The JBL/Eddie feud was amazing stuff.

I absolutely loved JBL's debut heel promo and routine. I'm a financial journalist for a living and hearing him talk up about the grandeur of his portfolio and his wealth made my heel heart swoon. I have to talk to people like JBL for a while. In real life, people aren't black-or-white good or bad. But JBL's characterization of Wall Street power brokers wasn't too far off.

Good point Johnnyj.

It seems silly for the WWE to bend over backwards to adjust to his style when it's Sin Cara who should have adapted his style to the WWE.  Bringing people who can work a lucha style will only get him so far.

http://youtu.be/iVxhRlFhVzA

Enzo is going to be a huge star.

Edit: http://youtu.be/G7VbKGJtsEA

No wait, this guy is going to be huge.

The Enzo thing is awesome, as is everything he does now.  A couple weeks back, he walked into the NXT arena and just controlled the crowd from the get-go.  I haven't seen anyone on the mic in NXT, save Bray Wyatt, who just has the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand.

Love the Louis promo, too.  I like that his gimmick seems to be French Tobias Funke. 

Good point Johnnyj.

It seems silly for the WWE to bend over backwards to adjust to his style when it's Sin Cara who should have adapted his style to the WWE.  Bringing people who can work a lucha style will only get him so far.

I kinda agree, at least in the sense that Sin Cara seems to have done very little to make the transition easier on himself.  But..... if your product isn't really suited to the lucha style and you don't have anyone on the roster who knows how to take his offense and make it look good AND bringing in guys who can work the lucha style isn't a priority AND neither you nor he want him to go to developmental and be torn down and retrained from scratch.....

.... then, maybe, you don't really need to sign said luchador in the first place?

I think Mistico could have done more to help himself integrate into the company style, but it's really head-scratching the way he was handled.  I think he could still have gotten over if he hadn't been so prone to injuries and botches, but it's not a huge surprise to me that he failed.

Didnt Mistico also come into the company with a big head, which is one of the things they always warn people against when they get there?

"What you did elsewhere doesnt matter? Who cares you sold out arena mexico or won the Observer Wrestler of the Year?"

I cannot understand why they would hotshot him to the main roster like they did. This isn't the era where you sign a guy from the competition and immediately throw him on television, he could have easily sat in developmental and then they do the press of "signing one of Mexico's top lucha guys" and bringing him to television. 

I cannot understand why they would hotshot him to the main roster like they did. This isn't the era where you sign a guy from the competition and immediately throw him on television, he could have easily sat in developmental and then they do the press of "signing one of Mexico's top lucha guys" and bringing him to television. 

I think they were like... "Alright, you don't want to go to development? Fine you fucking asshole, don't go! Let's see if you can get over wrestling your style, and performing under really shitty blue, and gold lighting." 

Outside of the shitty lighting I feel more or less that all of Mistico's failure to become something in WWE is on him. He just never really adjusted. For all the talk of WWE failing to give him guys who could play base for him people seem to forget Rey Mysterio and various other high flyers in WWE never had the same amount of problems adjusting.