DVDVR Message Board

Sept Wrestling Jibber Jabber Thread

RIPPA

Part two of WWE's article on Daniel Bryan is like the first part, needs reading:

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/history-of-daniel-bryan-part-two-26149549

At SummerSlam 2013, Bryan captured his first WWE Championship by defeating none other than Cena himself, 10 years after their first match on Velocity. To finish Cena off for good, Bryan used another indie move: A running Busaiku Knee to the head, a favorite of his old rival KENTA – the same guy who brought his sister to tears.

Maybe this should go in "What are you watching" but the topic is relevant to this thread too

As much as people bad mouth him now, I used to appreciate listening to TAZZ on Smackdown because he didn't pretend that nothing exists outside of WWE.

Watching to a match now between Eddy/Ultimo and Sasuke's name was dropped.

What's up with Samoa Joe? Why is he still in TNA?

Here are the the last things I remember about the guy:

- his match vs Kobashi, which was pretty great and the real catalyst for me getting into 90's AJPW

- going to TNA, meh.

- Kurt Angle going to TNA and people creaming themselves because Angle vs Joe, meh.

- A rumour about him being up for the Umaga spot but turning it down and Eddie Fatu picking up the ball and scoring the touchdown

- Now

With a ton of indie dudes being in the E some way or another, I would have guessed Joe would be there being Joe Sam, the Samoan Guy.

What's up with Samoa Joe? Why is he still in TNA?

Here are the the last things I remember about the guy:

- his match vs Kobashi, which was pretty great and the real catalyst for me getting into 90's AJPW

- going to TNA, meh.

- Kurt Angle going to TNA and people creaming themselves because Angle vs Joe, meh.

- A rumour about him being up for the Umaga spot but turning it down and Eddie Fatu picking up the ball and scoring the touchdown

- Now

With a ton of indie dudes being in the E some way or another, I would have guessed Joe would be there being Joe Sam, the Samoan Guy.

Um, "profit?"

/underpantsgnomes

Edit, to add hooptedoodle: I'm going to try to "multiquote" more often, y'all.  Shitty week.

Is Ultimo's WWE run the most disappointing? He just couldn't catch a break

All of windham's singles runs? Widowmaker, stalker, nwa stable?Arguably the tag title run with captain mike was aborted too.

And don't forget the New Blackjacks.

Better yet, forget the New Blackjacks.

Mistico's is the bigger disaster. But Ultimo's was more disappointing for me as a fan because I love him, and there were some interesting dudes for him to wrestle with at the time. Mistico, I didn't really watch before hand other than a handful of match so I didn't have that emotional connection.

• Like 1

A nice weekend's Botchamania ep could be made comparing and contrasting Ultimo and Mistico's runs.  I'd like that very much, actually.

As far as non-injurious botches, does Shit Arsa have anything as relatively humiliating as Ultimo's slip on his own cape at 'Mania?  Having an arena laugh at your clumsy ass on THE GRANDEST STAGE OF THEM ALL has to be hard to top.

Whenever Sin Cara's in the ring, I expect one of his botches at this point to be met with a very vocal, "FOR GOD'S SAKE!" from the audience.

Edit, to mark that I've now referred to Sin Cara under three different gimmicks/names (yep, I'm counting Shit Arsa), in one post.  Surely a record ...

A nice weekend's Botchamania ep could be made comparing and contrasting Ultimo and Mistico's runs.  I'd like that very much, actually.

As far as non-injurious botches, does Shit Arsa have anything as relatively humiliating as Ultimo's slip on his own cape at 'Mania?  Having an arena laugh at your clumsy ass on THE GRANDEST STAGE OF THEM ALL has to be hard to top.

I was waiting to reach the end of the pages to mention that, looks like I was beaten to it haha. What a grand entrance he made to MSG (I'm not sure this was his first MSG match but nevertheless, it was funny).

Mistico's WWE run was more disappointing than Ultimo's. Ultimo was already past his prime while Mistico wasn't that far off from his. Mistico is just flat out blowing it purposely.

By the way, I was at MSG when Ultimo slipped and I didn't even notice it and not that many people seemed to notice it either.

Mistico's is just an epic horror story. They hyped him perfectly, acknowledging where he came from and making him seem like a future main event player. Then once they turned those stupid fucking lights on for his matches it all went to hell. I feel like there will be whole shoot videos of people who witnessed the whole mess first hand, telling the horrible tale from their perspective like a Wrestling Rashomon. And the host of those shoot videos will ask every guest how big Mistico's dong is.

• Like 3

I feel like there will be whole shoot videos of people who witnessed the whole mess first hand, telling the horrible tale from their perspective like a Wrestling Rashomon. And the host of those shoot videos will ask every guest how big Mistico's dong is.

Posted Image

• Like 12

Mistico's is just an epic horror story. They hyped him perfectly, acknowledging where he came from and making him seem like a future main event player. Then once they turned those stupid fucking lights on for his matches it all went to hell. I feel like there will be whole shoot videos of people who witnessed the whole mess first hand, telling the horrible tale from their perspective like a Wrestling Rashomon. And the host of those shoot videos will ask every guest how big Mistico's dong is.

The truth of the matter, in my eyes, is that both Mistico and Kharma were presented and debuted nearly perfectly. It's actually not that far off for the Shield and the Wyatt Family either. Even Fandango. For various reasons, not everything has been a success, but I think that bodes really well for the next few years, especially when you look at some of the guys they have in NXT. 

• Like 1