DVDVR Message Board

Sept Wrestling Jibber Jabber Thread

RIPPA

I'm just spitballin here, but its September, which means in no order of importance to US based wrestling fans: Back to school, NFL, and new tv shows getting ready to start.  Plus GTA 5 came out tuesday, new WoW raid started, League of Legends World championships are going on...

That stuff will pass, and the wrestling people will go back to their old stand by.

Does anyone else feel that wrestling discussion has been pretty dead in the IWC for the last few weeks or so? Nobody has been watching Main Event and fewer people than usual have been watching NXT/SD.

Lack of discussion is probably because WWE has been really good lately. More people post to complain than to praise, and that's with anything.
  • Like 1

Does anyone else feel that wrestling discussion has been pretty dead in the IWC for the last few weeks or so? Nobody has been watching Main Event and fewer people than usual have been watching NXT/SD.

I personally stopped watching SmackDown when I noticed the last match/promo/angle/anything that they didn't just re-do on Raw was the Sandow/Cody briefcase deal two months or so ago.As far as Main Event goes, there's nothing to discuss. Quality matches or no, nobody is going to care about a show where nothing happens.

The WWE performance center has a new toy.

That was pretty awesome.  WWE needs to use that for a new Raw opening ASAP.

Also, Emma's slow-mo hair toss...

Oh jeez, super slow mo in wrestling could be the best, especially for promo packages and show openings.

I can't imagine a guy like Harley Race going around shaking everyone's hand fifty goddamn times. 

I can imagine Harley getting into one of those test of strength handshake deals with everyone he meets to prove who the bigger man is. (answer = Harley)

Well, that was supposedly the impetus behind the kayfabe handshake. If you are familiar with the Kayfabe Handshake, but always wondered why wrestlers did it that way, this is exactly the reason. 

Like I said though, not everyone still does it. 

• Like 1

As far as Main Event goes, there's nothing to discuss. Quality matches or no, nobody is going to care about a show where nothing happens.

Maybe not a lot of people, but I for one don't need much to happen on a wrestling show outside of wrestling. 

What am I missing on Main Event? What are the last few matches that are worth tracking down?

I think that wrestling discussion here seems narrower than even last year, I liked it when people were pimping matches left, right and centre. It felt as if I was constantly being led towards new stuff, or at least stuff that was new to me. Who was it that was always trying to pimp Vordell Walker matches? Is that Chilean lucha company still on the go? Why isn't Dean watching more obscure stuff for our amusement?

I could be more proactive with seeking out my fix but I know I'd have to wade through swamps of bad wrestling. And I'm lazy.