DVDVR Message Board

Sept Wrestling Jibber Jabber Thread

RIPPA

Oh my God, this place looks like so much fun...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65vh1q103I4&feature=share&list=PLaOq4c2rzPix9MrrpRQW_W0su_jbmeSmR

I'm guessing they run their new training center more like it's an improv school. Good, most of the guys that came out of FCW in the last half decade came up to the WWE without much character, or direction. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTp_Lp5rilo&feature=share&list=PLaOq4c2rzPix9MrrpRQW_W0su_jbmeSmR

Also, Ohno looks like he's finally gotten into better shape.

I almost forgot about this and I have to mention it before I fall asleep. I was working tonight and behind me I hear "Let me try that!". I turn around and two kids who were probably six or seven are in the aisle and the sister (I suppose) has her brother in a bow-and-arrow. Life is surreal and awesome sometimes.

• Like 1

I almost forgot about this and I have to mention it before I fall asleep. I was working tonight and behind me I hear "Let me try that!". I turn around and two kids who were probably six or seven are in the aisle and the sister (I suppose) has her brother in a bow-and-arrow. Life is surreal and awesome sometimes.

the one with Tyler Breeze and Adrian Neville that gets interrupted by Dawson is amazing.

And fuck ya'll, Bo Dallas' promo is awesome.

EDIT: Shawn Spears has a split personality gimmick now? :huh:

EDIT2: Marcus Louis = best character ever

If you're working a match with him, you basically only have to go through the match once or twice with him and he's got it. 

How many times are you supposed to go over it? 

"Working", not "remembering".

Well, as stated before, he is legimately ummm "challenged".  You have to shoot for remembering with him because working isn't an option.  Nobody really minds.  Freight Train is what he is, and everyone around these parts loves him because he's so pleasant.  There isn't exactly anything super complicated to go over.

• Like 1

Just got done watching Ready To Rumble (don't judge me) and seeing Ron Mysterio with no mask, blonde hair, and yellow camo overalls was pretty disturbing..
I teach.

So it is funny that today I had a discussion with some of them about Rey. One of them was saying, "Has anybody seen Rey Mysterio without his mask. I remember one time he was in the hospital and the camera was on but they didn't show his face."

Well I had to explain to them that he wrestled for a long time in WCW because he lost his mask to Kevin Nash. (He knew him as Diesel). I told him to look on YouTube and see it. But I also explained to him how the Rey HE saw wasn't really REY Mysterio Jr. I let him that that when Rey came onto the scene in 96, he was doing moves the American public wasn't used to. "If you think Rey could fly in 2006, you need to see him in 96."

They were circling around me while I was explaining this and I think I will give them suggestions matches from his WCW days. Let them know that WWE isn't the only thing that exists. 
  • Like 2

Which, now reading that, makes me ponder on the lesser of two evils: "Knocked Up" featuring romantic tension between Heigl and Steen, or Rogen embroiled in a blood feud w/ El Generico?

Steen vs. Heigl only works as a heel vs. heel feud.  Neither one of them makes for a good babyface.

• Like 2

Just got done watching Ready To Rumble (don't judge me) and seeing Ron Mysterio with no mask, blonde hair, and yellow camo overalls was pretty disturbing..
I teach.

So it is funny that today I had a discussion with some of them about Rey. One of them was saying, "Has anybody seen Rey Mysterio without his mask. I remember one time he was in the hospital and the camera was on but they didn't show his face."

Well I had to explain to them that he wrestled for a long time in WCW because he lost his mask to Kevin Nash. (He knew him as Diesel). I told him to look on YouTube and see it. But I also explained to him how the Rey HE saw wasn't really REY Mysterio Jr. I let him that that when Rey came onto the scene in 96, he was doing moves the American public wasn't used to. "If you think Rey could fly in 2006, you need to see him in 96."

They were circling around me while I was explaining this and I think I will give them suggestions matches from his WCW days. Let them know that WWE isn't the only thing that exists. 

I don't know if this is possible but if you managed to play them WCW in class that would make you the greatest teacher in the world.

I had someone tell me how much of a bust the NWA Mid-Atlantic (replacing NWA Mountain State) debut show was, and from all accounts so far, they've only run one other show this year and all they've posted on their facebook page has been matches from that first show, and from looking at the videos, I can see how much of a bust it was. Relatively big venue, and looks like they didn't even draw 50 people.

I don't know if this is possible but if you managed to play them WCW in class that would make you the greatest teacher in the world.

Man I am trying to figure out a way. It is an English class. 8th grade. Maybe I can give one of them Flair's To Be The Man for them to read for their independent reading. I will make a way though.

I still occasionally have trouble wrapping my head around the idea that WWE not only signed Bryan Danielson, but have pushed him to the point of having clean WWE-title-winning pins over top dudes Randy Orton and John Fucking Cena. I wanna hitch a time machine, go back six or so years, and blow internet minds with my stories from the future.

• Like 3

I still occasionally have trouble wrapping my head around the idea that WWE not only signed Bryan Danielson, but have pushed him to the point of having clean WWE-title-winning pins over top dudes Randy Orton and John Fucking Cena. I wanna hitch a time machine, go back six or so years, and blow internet minds with my stories from the future.

The best part is the context

"So they gave CM Punk the ball first, gave him a record breaking title reign, but he fumbled it badly despite being allowed to be the version of CM Punk we all wanted to see. Then they had Danielson beat everybody and he's the biggest babyface the company has had in a decade"

• Like 5

Words from Foley that I took from 411mania.com:

"I said last year that people don't remember statistics; they remember moments of greatness. Well, Raw fans got one of those last night, at the show's conclusion - with Daniel Bryan perched atop the shoulders of WWE Superstars, with thousands of fans in Cleveland (RIGHT THERE in Cleveland) rejoicing. Daniel Bryan has brought out a joy in WWE fans helps make the current show as enjoyable as anything I can remember in the last several years."

This explains the difference between Bryan and his predecessors. Despite everything thrown his way, Bryan still loves doing what he's doing. He's pissed and he's angry but he's refusing to let them break his love of wrestling and the fans. Austin was a miserable person from the start. The Rock was a total egoist. Punk's a sarcastic, angry uhm... punk. Cena's seen as a phony by half the fan base. Wrestling, ultimately, makes me happy. Bryan's character reflects that. I'm totally fine with him not doing Austin stuff as a means to get revenge. I want him to win the title and keep on keeping on.

• Like 1

Man I am trying to figure out a way. It is an English class. 8th grade. Maybe I can give one of them Flair's To Be The Man for them to read for their independent reading. I will make a way though.

Hmmm... Terry Funk drinking Everclear in his beer then crawling around nude with a knife in his teeth... Hansen getting plastered and wrecking two separate cars... Harley racing through a snowstorm drunk as fuck... Flair doing "his dance"... you might have some problems with the school board, not to mention the PTA there.