DVDVR Message Board

Sept Wrestling Jibber Jabber Thread

RIPPA

So what happens to this angle when Cena returns? Will this angle still be going by the time he returns? Does he come back as the REAL "face of the WWE" and join the HHH Corporation? Does he come back and save everybody from the evil HHH regime, stealing all the heat Bryan has built up in the months he's been gone? Where does Cena fit in when he returns?

Cena should come back and save the day, then Bryan should stab him in the back, say "I never liked you" and start his heel run.

Actually, betcha Cena's tied up with Undertaker at Wrestlemania, where Bryan will get his big win over the corporation. Their paths will cross later. Then my scenario.

I was up until 3am watching the first six episodes of Breaking Bad last night. I have come out of my sequestered hiding long enough to pass along the note that BIG DAVE Meltzer keeps mentioning the fact that if John Cena wasn't injured, everything that is happening to Daniel Bryan would happen with John Cena in his place.

Better or worse than what has played out the last month?

Worse than Walt killing Jesse.

Everybody can laugh now, but this board has A LOT of threads and a lot of people in those threads talking about TV shows they're starting to get into; book series they're starting to read, and movies they're interested in seeing.

Notes are being taken.

Lives will be ruined.

See you all in a couple of weeks.

Someone mentions Breaking Bad plot shit in this thread one more time and I'm going to do something drastic.

I would like to note that I consider myself exempt from these discussions of which you two speak, because my reflections on them are meant to be done in an ironic manner.  I'm like a postmodern chair shot.

• Like 2

Cena should come back and save the day, then Bryan should stab him in the back, say "I never liked you" and start his heel run.

Actually, betcha Cena's tied up with Undertaker at Wrestlemania, where Bryan will get his big win over the corporation. Their paths will cross later. Then my scenario.

I seem to recall something like this exchange mentioned being the basis for a Big Show sorta-turn; they were having him work face, but then he had this weird promo where he just flatly stated that he didn't really care for The Rock as a person, but then hey, he's still Show, he's still an alright guy.  Yeah ... no, fans still booed him out his shoes, based on the simple fact he stated that he didn't like the Rock.

The new WWE Champion has a twitter

https://twitter.com/WWEVacant

Ex-GM Laptop is probably bitter right now that he never got a Twitter account.

Speaking of WWE, am I the only person who thinks Big Show's knockout punch (WMD) looks terrible.  I've heard the stories about Show tearing doors off their hinges and I don't doubt that he could legitimately cave some people's faces in, but I think the WMD mostly looks terrible.  Especially when he throws it against non-wrestlers like McMahon and Dusty.  To me, it looks really unconvincing as a legit punch.

Someone mentions Breaking Bad plot shit in this thread one more time and I'm going to do something drastic.

Wait until someone makes another McMahons = the Lannisters comparison and spoils what happened to _____ in the next book.

Wanna hear a WWE / Star Wars comparison?

Speaking of WWE, am I the only person who thinks Big Show's knockout punch (WMD) looks terrible.  I've heard the stories about Show tearing doors off their hinges and I don't doubt that he could legitimately cave some people's faces in, but I think the WMD mostly looks terrible.  Especially when he throws it against non-wrestlers like McMahon and Dusty.  To me, it looks really unconvincing as a legit punch.

It has looked great before; probably depends on who is taking it.

The one on Dusty looked terrible even before Show cuddled him to the ground.

Wait until someone makes another McMahons = the Lannisters comparison and spoils what happened to _____ in the next book.

Wanna hear a WWE / Star Wars comparison?

only if it doesn't spoil "Attack of the Clones" for me.

I don't think I can handle any more comparisons to to other shit in popular culture. 

OMGZ Daniel Bryan is like Taylor Swift and Roman Reigns is like "I'mma let you finish but KOFI KINGSTON IS GETTING A SPEAR"

• Like 2

It has looked great before; probably depends on who is taking it.

The one on Dusty looked terrible even before Show cuddled him to the ground.

Probably looked as good as it could be if Dusty isn't physically capable of simply falling to the ground, which I am not sure he is.

Probably true, but if that's the case then they should change the booking to humiliate Dusty without getting physical, or give him the ol' Christian phantom beatdown. The divas go out and do their best every week, and they still make the stuffing look like shit.

Stock falling with age: Devon, Karl Anderson, Doug Williams, Elijah Burke, Davey Richards, Angelina Love, Kevin Nash, Robbie E, Kevin Steen

Stock growing with age: Jack Swagger, Togi Makabe, Hirooki Goto, Toru Yano, Takashi Iizuka, Lance Archer, Katsuyori Shibata, Captain New Japan

That is all.

Oh god, they should do a black-out morphing into Rikishi gimmick for the Usos.

This reminds me of absolute genius commentary from Booker T on Smackdown a few years ago.

Michael Cole: What have the Usos' got to do to get to the next level here in WWE Booker?

Booker T: Well, Michael Cole. These boys are Samoan so in the next few years they gonna put on about 200lbs, and then they gonna be unstoppable mane!

Yes, 200lbs each. Hey, it could happen.

Soup stock.mmmmm...taste the marrow.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ... oh holy, wow, that was some good shit there!......Okay, what I originally came her to post: Fell into a nap a few hours after work today, while I was watching a Kevin Steen comp, had the legit I-shit-you-not experience of waking up and thinking I was watching a Seth Rogen film.Which, now reading that, makes me ponder on the lesser of two evils: "Knocked Up" featuring romantic tension between Heigl and Steen, or Rogen embroiled in a blood feud w/ El Generico?(I'm gonna deserve this ban I got coming, I fear.)