DVDVR Message Board

Sept Wrestling Jibber Jabber Thread

RIPPA

It's that its almost a palindrome with components made up of aba and ooloo.

oolabaloo

In that form it looks like a choo choo train...or the bottom of a big rig as you pass it on the hignway.

But with the h tacked on it gets all fuzzy.

I want to stack it like this:

aba

oolloo

then you can add the H:

h

aba

oolloo

now it makes sense, right?

It's that its almost a palindrome with components made up of aba and ooloo.oolabalooIn that form it looks like a choo choo train...or the bottom of a big rig as you pass it on the hignway.But with the h tacked on it gets all fuzzy.I want to stack it like this: abaoolloothen you can add the H:h abaoolloonow it makes sense, right?

You guys are getting this thread all caddywhompus.

I just envisioned a new millennial Schoolhouse Rocks type of PSA-via-entertainment, and one stars special guest DMX, and it starts off: "GRAMMAR! YOU THINK IT'S A GAME? YOU THINK IT'S A FUCKIN GAME?!??! *RAWF RAWF RAWF*"

I think that would go over well, in the era of social media.

• Like 1

Apparently he quit. From his Twitter account...

"My source was wrong. I am done here. The rest of winners on the card were scheduled to be..."

I'm not putting the rest here.

I can 100% believe WWE would change everything on this card just to fuck with this guy and root out who his source was, even if it makes no sense.

Hey guys (and some gals, maybe):

Really could use some help and feedback. I've lately been tasked by a friend to make his son a lucha mask. His key instructions are: He wants it to be cool-looking, and he wants it to be original. Which means that pre-existing character masks are off-limits; explicitly he wants a novelty Halloween item for this year, but then for other mortality/morbid reasons, he wants something to hang onto for a conversation piece, memorial type thing (I've been a bit sick as of late, then a lot of people around me have tendencies to freak out to extremes).

Jeez, all that to say this: what goes in to making a good mask? The best are either extremely well designed and ornate, or extremely spartan in design. I'm going with a Santo mask as a template, but then, what the hell? Tailor something toward the personality of the wearer, go with mythology, or ...? I've spent all weekend looking at color theory, as well as tiki mythology for inspiration.

Shit's more difficult than you'd think, this "art" stuff. I could just make an Ultimo Dragon mask with some different pattern, but now, that half-assing shit won't do.

Anyway, it's a thing I'd like some insights into, so anyone putting in their two cents, I'll be appreciative. I won't be all El Rejecione if this thing post collects dust here 'til October, either; I should do my own work ...

I would take a plain mask and add a unique emblem or logo to it. I did that for a vest I always wear. I want to make a mask, but money is never freed up. 

The route I'm going is getting someone to buy the material to my specifications.  That way, I might be able to squirrel away enough to do something of my own.

My last post is on the cusp, though, of inspiring me to kill all other responsibilities, for the sake of firing up the N64 and running a No Mercy CAW best of 7 between El Rejeccione and Stone Cold Steve Autism.  The wrestling would probably be so-so (**1/2 at best), but the promos would be fucking a-m-a-z-i-n-g.

Hey guys (and some gals, maybe):Really could use some help and feedback. I've lately been tasked by a friend to make his son a lucha mask. His key instructions are: He wants it to be cool-looking, and he wants it to be original. Which means that pre-existing character masks are off-limits; explicitly he wants a novelty Halloween item for this year, but then for other mortality/morbid reasons, he wants something to hang onto for a conversation piece, memorial type thing (I've been a bit sick as of late, then a lot of people around me have tendencies to freak out to extremes).Jeez, all that to say this: what goes in to making a good mask? The best are either extremely well designed and ornate, or extremely spartan in design. I'm going with a Santo mask as a template, but then, what the hell? Tailor something toward the personality of the wearer, go with mythology, or ...? I've spent all weekend looking at color theory, as well as tiki mythology for inspiration.Shit's more difficult than you'd think, this "art" stuff. I could just make an Ultimo Dragon mask with some different pattern, but now, that half-assing shit won't do.Anyway, it's a thing I'd like some insights into, so anyone putting in their two cents, I'll be appreciative. I won't be all El Rejecione if this thing post collects dust here 'til October, either; I should do my own work ...

Don't overthink it. Choose a style you like, find some cool material, and pick an element/motif/symbol for yourself and one for the wearer and just do it. Get started ASAP as they are trickier to make than one would think. Mask-making is a real craft and designing them is an art, but this is a personal gift so your effort and the heart will show through.

tiki motif sounds fun,

RAF