DVDVR Message Board

Sept Wrestling Jibber Jabber Thread

RIPPA

A friend and I were talking about how lame Aces & Eights is and it got me thinking... has Knux won a match yet since he debuted last year? I'm not talking about multi-man tags where he didn't factor in the decision. Has he actually pinned anybody?

A friend and I were talking about how lame Aces & Eights is and it got me thinking... has Knux won a match yet since he debuted last year? I'm not talking about multi-man tags where he didn't factor in the decision. Has he actually pinned anybody?

Nope, his only singles matches have been getting squashed by Sting and his recent DQ win over Sabin, as well as tapping out to Joe before he unmasked. Even in tags I think he's only been on the winning team maybe twice.

Went back and watched Taker vs. Michaels at WM 25. My god what a great match. I wasn't a big fan of the 26 match, but this one is damn near perfect. Pacing, timing, psychology, false finishes....this match and Rock/Austin from Mania 17 are the perfect examples of the "sports entertainment" style of WWE main event matches.

It's been 5 years and I still thought Taker had him after he reversed the skin the cat into a tombstone. Taker's facial afterwards is absolutely priceless. The faceplant into the floor and Michaels' reaction afterwards, begging for the 10 count, trying to win by any means necessary is very believable. The whole good vs. evil, HBK praying to the heavens before the moonsault only to be caught for the tombstone....just fucking beautiful. Top 5 Mania match of all-time for me.

• Like 2

Nope, his only singles matches have been getting squashed by Sting and his recent DQ win over Sabin, as well as tapping out to Joe before he unmasked. Even in tags I think he's only been on the winning team maybe twice.

So what you're saying is that all signs point towards a world title run for Knux before the year is out?

About a year ago, I was complaining to a friend of mine that the WWE used to inspire people to create pretty creative art (smackdown drive / jabroni boulevard street posts, moving signs, etc.); at any given show, you would be able to look around and see all this creativity on display.  That's very close to, if not outright gone now, and a testament to how less interesting stuffing instead of potatoes is.

On the other hand, I was at the RAW that Kid Rock performed on (the last televised show they've ran in Vancouver), and the same friend got into an altercation with a woman who wouldn't stop waving her fucking sign around and was blocking us all night.  So, take that for what you will.

WWE would confiscate any clever or edgy sign. 

Now all of the good sign-makers have migrated over to ESPN's College GameDay.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Went back and watched Taker vs. Michaels at WM 25. My god what a great match. I wasn't a big fan of the 26 match, but this one is damn near perfect. Pacing, timing, psychology, false finishes....this match and Rock/Austin from Mania 17 are the perfect examples of the "sports entertainment" style of WWE main event matches.It's been 5 years and I still thought Taker had him after he reversed the skin the cat into a tombstone. Taker's facial afterwards is absolutely priceless. The faceplant into the floor and Michaels' reaction afterwards, begging for the 10 count, trying to win by any means necessary is very believable. The whole good vs. evil, HBK praying to the heavens before the moonsault only to be caught for the tombstone....just fucking beautiful. Top 5 Mania match of all-time for me.

I love the finish for 26, though. More priceless than Taker's expression after what you're talking about was his "Did...you...just...fucking...slap...ME?!" face.

I'm not a big Triple H hater, but that inclusion was weak...especially when it comes right after that Rock pop.

Ziggler at #3?! I think there were 2-3 Daniel Bryan pops from this year that had that one beat!

I think these were made when Ziggler was being pushed.