DVDVR Message Board

Sept Wrestling Jibber Jabber Thread

RIPPA

So, to recap for you guys just tuning in: Wrestling fans can't handle alternative reality games, but virtually every person who is a dedicated fan of other entertainment (movies, music) can.

Some of the guys on the board were threatening physical violence to Condor Security of they showed up, I'm pretty sure even the nerdiest Battlestar Galactica guys didn't try throwing down with the Cylons during any cons or fests....

I can't think of any physical threat of violence I would be worried about less than one from Chikara fans.

• Like 9

In other news, so I don't get into a flame war with Nate - Randy Orton versus Goldust is booked for Monday's RAW.

Ah, we're alright. I just thought you were being a bit extreme and got sarcastic. Sorry about it; sorry for kinda shitting in the thread y'all.

That Jericho flash-pin made me lose my mind when it first aired. Then Earl took it all away five minutes later, and I was devastated. HHH has been working the marks since '99.

And I could come up with a Top-10 list of Austin reactions better than the one they picked without even trying. 

Saving Team WWF from the Alliance

Mankind's first title win

Backlash 2000 return

Zamboni (w/ assist from the Stone Cold blow-up dummy)

Winning belt back from Kane

First match back against Bischoff at No Way Out

Stuns Vince; Gets arrested

Named CEO of WWF

Flipping off Tyson

Beer Bath

http://sphotos-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/q77/s720x720/1006361_683500851680056_804187752_n.jpg

"HERE'S WHAT'S STRANGE ABOUT THIS PHOTO

As many of you guessed, the dog on my lap is not actually alive. She's not stuffed though; she's freeze dried. We lost our precious little dog, Jou Jou on New Years Eve 2010 from and my kids were just devastated. Seeing how down they were, I inquired as to whether there might be a way to kind of keep her around...and a year later, after the freeze drying process was through, we received Jou Jou in the mail, looking every bit as vibrant as she did in life. When an animal is stuffed, it's fur is simply stretched over a form. When it's freeze dried, what you get back is the real dog - all the bones, flesh and blood. The only thing removed are the eyes and the internal organs. Sure, it seemed creepy at first, but she's part of our family every day, and the freeze-drying idea, though costly and time consuming, turned out to be one of the best Christmas presents in Foley family history."

We need to talk about Mick, guys.

Realistically, the 20th-2nd greatest WWF/WWE reactions should all be Austin coming out, with number one being the entire Rock / Hogan match.

I don't think there's any Austin pop that touches the three from this match.

(Sadly the third pop is missing).  The first pop when Warrior's music hits is incredible, the second pop when he wins is even better and the third pop when he raises the title and the crowd realizes the rug hasn't been pulled out from under them is also huge.  Austin was great and all, but I don't think they beat any of these three.

• Like 1

FWIW, he got Test's and the Posse's permission beforehand. 

I'm not sure he was questioning Mero's talent, just his drawing power. And as Marc Mero couldn't draw flies in a shit-filled jacuzzi, he had every reason to.

• Like 1

Mick Foley nearly shoot kills himself at Hell in a Cell and it's "FOLEY IS GOD"

Mick Foley uses an alternative method to taxidermy in order to preserve a cherished family pet and it's "FOLEY IS MENTALLY UNSTABLE"

• Like 12

Mick Foley uses an alternative method to taxidermy in order to preserve a cherished family pet and it's "FOLEY IS MENTALLY UNSTABLE"

They're not mutually exclusive though. Throwing himself off a cage also lead to "FOLEY IS MENTALLY UNSTABLE" comments, while preserving the body of a long dead creature could also lead to "FOLEY IS GOD"

• Like 3

They're not mutually exclusive though. Throwing himself off a cage also lead to "FOLEY IS MENTALLY UNSTABLE" comments, while preserving the body of a long dead creature could also lead to "FOLEY IS GOD"

There are not enough likes in a day, available, for me to use here.  Kudos.

Back to the older Raws discussion. One of my favorite Raws was the one the night after In Your House: International Incident, that started off with Shawn Michaels & Ahmed Johnson vs. The Smoking Guns and Sunny ended up covered in Shawn's birthday cake.

Also, the Raw before SummerSlam 98 where the Nation locked DX in the locker room and Shawn came back to save Chyna