DVDVR Message Board

Sept Wrestling Jibber Jabber Thread

RIPPA

The uber nerd stuff doesn't bother me so much because...you know... they have a guy wrestling an old timey baseball player gimmick. I just want there to be a King of Trios tournament. Also I want a good indy to come to Chicago, coz I get bored and lonely.Also, has anyone here been to any of the Wrestling Is... events? Are any of them any good?

I watched one of the Wrestling Is Fun events, it was a good, wacky show that I really got into. The atmosphere was kid friendly and really seemed like a Chikara-lite.

This Chikara stuff is pretty stupid.  who has time to find some secret DVDs and decode cryptic messages.  I barely have time to watch a fucking 3 hour DVD, even when it is shipped directly to my house.  

Chikara: Hey....go find a DVD in a parking lot that someone may have left there.

Me: I have a job.  Go fuck yourself.

Haha, that is the greatest thing I have read in a long time.

I dunno, I am starting to go through the message board and "uncover" this stuff now, I'm obviously nowhere near the east coast but the direction it is heading compels me to want to follow the story because its been a long time since there was an actually storyline that the "dirt sheets" haven't uncovered and left me guessing.

I just started reading more of the replies in the Chikara101 forums and I'm kinda hoping some of these guys aren't truly buying into it this much and are just working the board. If not, wow... 

EDIT: It also looks like some of the people who are posting the most are being "targeted" with the DVDs, one person who looks like they post a fair amount had the DVD on her car after a Wrestling is Fun show. Sounds like they are using their "loyal" posters as pawns to push the story.

If you didn't read that Chikara PDF and get completely excited about the professional wrestling as a true high-concept art form then I have no time for you, sir.

Well, there's exciting, then there's ... whatever it is that Chikara is doing.  It was intriguing when it all started out ... about three months ago.  But the more I saw all the secret shenanigans going on, and all those forum fans with their "PM me that address" and secret language kind of stuff, and nods to posts that had been deleted that might have added some clue to what they were talking about, I came to a monumentous decision:

If I have to stay attached 24-7 to a message board, several Twitters, at least three separate websites, and research every odd word/name/location in a blog post, compare every show title to the names of songs on some random CD, right-click every image and follow it back to its source, and actually go to fucking Philadelphia from hodunky-podunky low-country SC to get some holy grail DVD that provides just one more clue to the whole thing ... it's less like "exciting" and more like "work," and I already have a "job" that pays me very little for all that I do, I don't need "leisure" to treat me the same way.

And that last show, Chikara was treating it like a "jumping on point" for new fans to get involved in their brand of wrestling.  If I had JUST found out about them, and this was going on, that would turn me completely off.  I wish we were already a year down the road, so I can look back on all of this and be impressed with how it was all set up. THAT's when I might be more excited.  Maybe Chikara "ending" just hit me at a time when I didn't want to be fucked around with by something I enjoyed ... [insert personal, kinda sad recollection that I had already spent a long time typing but decided nope, none of you jerkwads deserve to know more about nate gizzle].  So, the quicker we are back to getting regular King of Trioses, the happier I guess I'll be.

Edited by nate
  • Like 2

I'm kinds of like you but I don't really care enough about the super secret language stuff enough to turn me off. I'm just indifferent to it.

My official stance on Chikara is: Call me when there's wrestling.

• Like 1

According to Da Meltz, Mark Henry has been cleared to return.

Hmm... Maybe I'll give them another week.

It's a shame they already turned Mark face because they could have re-done this (probably one of my top ten Raw moments of the last ten years)

http://youtu.be/PzyMc16x1OU

Mark Henry trained a Bulgarian and did a promo for his fans saying that he was going to WWE... on Raw?

According to Da Meltz, Mark Henry has been cleared to return.Hmm... Maybe I'll give them another week.

It's a shame they already turned Mark face because they could have re-done this (probably one of my top ten Raw moments of the last ten years)http://youtu.be/PzyMc16x1OU
Mark Henry trained a Bulgarian and did a promo for his fans saying that he was going to WWE... on Raw?
That's what he does.

This Chikara stuff is pretty stupid.  who has time to find some secret DVDs and decode cryptic messages.  I barely have time to watch a fucking 3 hour DVD, even when it is shipped directly to my house.  

Chikara: Hey....go find a DVD in a parking lot that someone may have left there.

Me: I have a job.  Go fuck yourself.

I think it's more...

Chikara: Hey go find those DVD's we left behind

You: Fuck off

Typical Chikara fan: ZOMG~!

So, the quicker we are back to getting regular King of Trioses, the happier I guess I'll be.

Word. 

There is a difference between being "involved" as a fan, and needing to be a 33rd degree LARPer to get what's going on.

• Like 3

So, the quicker we are back to getting regular King of Trioses, the happier I guess I'll be.

Word. 

There is a difference between being "involved" as a fan, and needing to be a 33rd degree LARPer to get what's going on.

I swear I don't mean to insult anyone with this sentence, but some of the posters on reddit have been borderline Asperger's status about it, and I really don't see the huge deal. I actually (quite embarrassingly) laughed at loud at work when I read a post suggesting that the whole angle would "change the game" like the NWO.

• Like 1

It's a shame they already turned Mark face because they could have re-done this (probably one of my top ten Raw moments of the last ten years)

http://youtu.be/PzyMc16x1OU

Goddamn, I've changed the link now (embedding still isn't working for me though)-

This Chikara stuff is pretty stupid. who has time to find some secret DVDs and decode cryptic messages. I barely have time to watch a fucking 3 hour DVD, even when it is shipped directly to my house. Chikara: Hey....go find a DVD in a parking lot that someone may have left there.Me: I have a job. Go fuck yourself.

This is the best post since Jae unleashed the steel davey richards.

http://youtu.be/RTcWdrcJsIE

Besides the fact Orton sold the hell out of his presence, by that time Mark Henry was leaking so much charisma he would LITERALLY conduct the audience.

The CHIKARA thing is virtually impossible to follow, for me, but:

A) It's a deep, deep storyline

B) There are dedicated psychopaths summarizing everything for us in bomb ass PDFs

C) Archie

D) Don't knock CHIKARA and then go to complain about how superficial and short-sighted TNA booking is

• Like 4

The CHIKARA thing is virtually impossible to follow, for me, but:

A) It's a deep, deep storyline

B) There are dedicated psychopaths summarizing everything for us in bomb ass PDFs

C) Archie

D) Don't knock CHIKARA and then go to complain about how superficial and short-sighted TNA booking is

• Like 1