DVDVR Message Board

Sept Wrestling Jibber Jabber Thread

RIPPA

They set up the idea that he was a real repoman, but one that instead of getting duplicate keys from the dealer, would smash in the window and hotwire the car.  Which seems like a really bad business move to me...

But, still, a repo man as a good guy just doesn't make any sense to me on any level.  I can't see it.

they are good guys on that show, right?  If he is taking shit from heels I think it can work.  He's just trying to earn a living in a down economy.  If you are cross promoting it with lizard lick towing he's gotta be a face, it wouldnt' do much for business if he was a heel on the show/raw.

I guess I also can't understand why anyone would watch a show about repo men.

Then again, shows about people profiting off the misery of others during a bad economy seem to be a booming business right now, so clearly I'm the odd one.  Fair enough.

• Like 1

they are good guys on that show, right?  If he is taking shit from heels I think it can work.  He's just trying to earn a living in a down economy.  If you are cross promoting it with lizard lick towing he's gotta be a face, it wouldnt' do much for business if he was a heel on the show/raw.

I guess I also can't understand why anyone would watch a show about repo men.

Then again, shows about people profiting off the misery of others during a bad economy seem to be a booming business right now, so clearly I'm the odd one.  Fair enough.

Why don't you go ask Emilio Estevez.

• Like 3

He played him like Frank Gorshin.

holy shit yes. this explains my affinity towards the character 100%. mystery solved.and now, i just wish that a Batman vs. Repo Man comic could surface somewhere.

And Borne specifically stole mannerisms from Romero for Doink. That they never paired them in the few short months where they could have kills me.

You know, talking about Repo men being heels or babyfaces or whatever.  In all fairness, there are no true babyfaces on television anymore, wrestling or otherwise.

If their new thing is that everything is real, and there is no where else to work but WWE, then they should start attaching $ values to victories.

It would make losing streaks mean something (poor Zach Ryder can't even afford a six-pack of Pabst Blue these days). It would explain how Big Show went broke, as he was 2-8 on PPV's last year. 

I'd give such an idea four Post-Modern Douchebags, out of five

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• Like 4

You know, talking about Repo men being heels or babyfaces or whatever.  In all fairness, there are no true babyfaces on television anymore, wrestling or otherwise.

If there new thing is that everything is real, and there is no where else to work but WWE, then they should start attaching $ values to victories.

It would make losing streaks mean something (poor Zach Ryder can't even afford a six-pack of Pabst Blue these days). It would explain how Big Show went broke, as he was 2-8 on PPV's last year. 

I'd give such an idea four Post-Modern Douchebags, out of five

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

That's a great idea, but to truly sell it, we need Dusty on commentary ranting about going to the "pay winda."

I hate to disagree with Fowler on all things liberal, but as the most liberal person on this board, I have no problem with a Repo-man being a face.  If you don't pay your bills, you're breaching your contract with the company you bought from, and they have the right to reclaim their property.