DVDVR Message Board

Sept Wrestling Jibber Jabber Thread

RIPPA

The WWE needs their own version of Netflix Instant Streaming service so we can get full episodes of everything. I'm tired of buying "Best of" sets that only contain 20 matches. I want full episodes of Nitro, Thunder, Smackdown, etc. I know we have 24/7, but that only gives you a spoon full of content. If they have to charge me 15 bucks a month then so be it. 

Will never happen - you might accidently stumble upon a Benoit match.  Cannot have that. 

WWE should start a small-time promotion full of masked luchadores, make it kid-friendly, make Mysterio the on-camera boss and syndicate the shows in markets with heavy Latin populations. Keep it afloat with limited house shows and merch sales. If anybody takes off, bring them up to the big time. 

Or you could just watch good lucha, and keep that WWE bullshit far away from it. 

I'd love to see 911 in WCW and a quick search on YouTube produced nothing

Big Al regularly teamed with Roadblock and/or Rick Fuller to do squash tag matches.  I seem to remember them working the Outsiders, Faces of Fear, Giant/Luger... maybe even Steiners and Harlem Heat. 

The thing that always confused me with the Boss Man/Mountie feud is that neither of them had any authority to arrest the other leading to the Hard Times match. The Mountie was way out of his jurisdiction, heck not even in the right country, whilst Boss Man wasn't even a policeman.

• Like 3

Wait, are we suggesting a wrestling repo man be a guy that gets cross-promoted on other tv shows and is a face?

guess it would depend on his roll on lizard lick since he would be starting there.  Do they have "bad guys"?  If not maybe it could be a good story line on there.  mvp rolls in starts like stealing jobs or something would work.  A face repo man would probably be a better business move though.  Plus he could feud with del rio and repo one of his cars leading to the reveal that del rio is now broke. 

• Like 1

The thing that always confused me with the Boss Man/Mountie feud is that neither of them had any authority to arrest the other leading to the Hard Times match. The Mountie was way out of his jurisdiction, heck not even in the right country, whilst Boss Man wasn't even a policeman.

The NYPD arrested him. for what it's worth.  Under who's authority though, I have no idea.

The NYPD arrested him. for what it's worth.  Under who's authority though, I have no idea.

Especially since Boss Man was only a jailer, not an officer.

Wait, are we suggesting a wrestling repo man be a guy that gets cross-promoted on other tv shows and is a face?

According to Darsow, he quit the company because he wanted to be a face and created the character to be goofy enough to get over with kids and do make-a-wish stuff and Vince wouldn't let him.

Also the Cole Twins were crazy over with the 1993 Studio Crowd. No idea why.

I think the Mountie would have had more jurisdiction than Bossman, for sure.  I think had Bossman's history of prisoner abuse had come out in time for that match, he would have been taken directly TO jail.

The Bossman's history of prisoner abuse?!?!?!

How about the Mountie's?

That's some Abu Ghraib Zero Dark Thirty shit right there, man.

What was the deal with the Cole twins from WCW? They have popped up on WWE classics on demand lately and I've wondered why they never got a push. The only thing I know about them is that apparently they confirmd Raven's theory of working legs in the gym. Outside of their ridiculous hybrid mullet/rat tail haircut, they had good size and seemed more than capable in the ring. They would have faired well in the WWE tag division of the early to mid 90's IMO.

Whoa, what is this theory?

As we know from Dave trotting out the anecdote every time he is injured, Rey's doctor told him in the 1990s that his knees were so bad he shouldn't even jump off a curb.

That's nothing. Terry Funk doesn't even HAVE knees.

• Like 1

What was the deal with the Cole twins from WCW? They have popped up on WWE classics on demand lately and I've wondered why they never got a push. The only thing I know about them is that apparently they confirmd Raven's theory of working legs in the gym. Outside of their ridiculous hybrid mullet/rat tail haircut, they had good size and seemed more than capable in the ring. They would have faired well in the WWE tag division of the early to mid 90's IMO.

Whoa, what is this theory?
Raven thinks working your legs is pointless and used the Cole twins as an example. One of them had a leg injury and could only work upper body. After a few months of injury recovery his legs were still the same size as his brothers, who had been working legs the entire time.