DVDVR Message Board

Sept Wrestling Jibber Jabber Thread

RIPPA

I asked this last month but I think it got lost amongst the postmodernism:Is there a Best of WCW Saturday Night set anyone knows of? Or best of WCWSN/Pro/Worldwide?

There is definitely no "official" set, but I know you can find torrents of complete episodes. An "unofficial" best of the B-shows" comp, of only the Saturday & syndicated shows would have potential for some good stuff.
Those sets would be a dream. I'm sucker for those shows over Nitro and Thunder because of the odd match-ups and appearances. I always loved that futuristic, sci-fi designed Saturday Night set and the show open too.
I'd love to see 911 in WCW and a quick search on YouTube produced nothing
Look up Big Al in WCW on YouTube. There's at least two on there.Nothing under the name Tombstone but he used that too.

I didn't ask for a list of working class gimmicks, I asked which ones were the best.  C'mon people, give me some reasons why you think those gimmicks were awesome.  We're talking about wrestlers whose gimmick revolved around a specific occupation that could be described as working class or proletarian.

I didn't ask for a list of working class gimmicks, I asked which ones were the best.  C'mon people, give me some reasons why you think those gimmicks were awesome.  We're talking about wrestlers whose gimmick revolved around a specific occupation that could be described as working class or proletarian.

Heel Doink was the best out of the "every wrestler needs a side job" era.*Bill Simmons mode* NO ONE DENIES THIS!

Posted Image

The man carried his work with him. Even when he was participating in his hobby, he was thinking about work.

Don't forget perennial WCW Worldwide jobbers Men at Work.  I remember one match against Duggan in which Kanyon snuck over to his 2x4, started measuring it, and looked into the camera stating that it was a good piece of lumber and that he wanted to take it back with him.  It was a lot funnier to me than it should have been.

I asked this last month but I think it got lost amongst the postmodernism:

Is there a Best of WCW Saturday Night set anyone knows of? Or best of WCWSN/Pro/Worldwide?

There is definitely no "official" set, but I know you can find torrents of complete episodes.

An "unofficial" best of the B-shows" comp, of only the Saturday & syndicated shows would have potential for some good stuff.

Those sets would be a dream. I'm sucker for those shows over Nitro and Thunder because of the odd match-ups and appearances. I always loved that futuristic, sci-fi designed Saturday Night set and the show open too.
I'd love to see 911 in WCW and a quick search on YouTube produced nothing
Look up Big Al in WCW on YouTube. There's at least two on there.

Nothing under the name Tombstone but he used that too.

There was an interview with 911 in one of the Apter magazines in which he talked about wanting to wrestle The Giant in a "chokeslam vs chokeslam" match.  Shortly thereafter he showed up on Nitro or some other WCW show and jobbed to The Giant in a few seconds.