DVDVR Message Board

Sept Wrestling Jibber Jabber Thread

RIPPA

I think the Mark Henry injury thing is a work.  He's supposedly been legitimately injured for a few weeks which is why he hasn't been involved in shit.  This seems like a way to do an injury angle without needing him to get beaten down or do anything more physical.

Either way it probably makes sense for him not to be around right now.

It could be, but why wouldn't they save it for TV?

On another note, the poster for Hell in a Cell has been released:

Posted Image

http://www.indemand.com/product/view/405701

I asked this last month but I think it got lost amongst the postmodernism:

Is there a Best of WCW Saturday Night set anyone knows of? Or best of WCWSN/Pro/Worldwide?

There is definitely no "official" set, but I know you can find torrents of complete episodes. 

An "unofficial" best of the B-shows" comp, of only the Saturday & syndicated shows would have potential for some good stuff. 

Yeah, there's a bunch of matches and angles on Youtube and the like. I was just hoping for a more centralized repository.

I think you could get a lot of good stuff on it - big matches from the early years, odd match-ups from the "300 people on the roster" era, some before-they-were-stars appearances from folks like Mr. JL and RVD... lots of potential there.

The WWE needs their own version of Netflix Instant Streaming service so we can get full episodes of everything. I'm tired of buying "Best of" sets that only contain 20 matches. I want full episodes of Nitro, Thunder, Smackdown, etc. I know we have 24/7, but that only gives you a spoon full of content. If they have to charge me 15 bucks a month then so be it. 

I think the Mark Henry injury thing is a work.  He's supposedly been legitimately injured for a few weeks which is why he hasn't been involved in shit.  This seems like a way to do an injury angle without needing him to get beaten down or do anything more physical.

Either way it probably makes sense for him not to be around right now.

It could be, but why wouldn't they save it for TV?

On another note, the poster for Hell in a Cell has been released:

Posted Image

http://www.indemand.com/product/view/405701

I'm hoping this is leading to an angle with Ron 'The Corporate Truth' Killings..otherwise, I'm kinda baffled.

Or you know, a whole network devoted to wrestling.

Why, so they can give us marathons of Total Divas, and Legends House? I don't think so. If they put any wrestling on it'll just be recent Raw, and Smackdown. While the classic stuff will be shown from 1 AM to 3 AM on Saturday mornings. And if the wrestling ratings are horrible, they'll just air WWE films, and Cops episodes in it's place.

What're the odds that Legends House debuts before one of their castmembers dies?

Did we ever get a full list or was it just the usual standbys?

Around the time of filming last year the list was Mean Gene, Fink, Tony Atlas, Patterson, Piper, Hacksaw, Hillbilly Jim, and Jimmy Hart

I asked this last month but I think it got lost amongst the postmodernism:

Is there a Best of WCW Saturday Night set anyone knows of? Or best of WCWSN/Pro/Worldwide?

There is definitely no "official" set, but I know you can find torrents of complete episodes. 

An "unofficial" best of the B-shows" comp, of only the Saturday & syndicated shows would have potential for some good stuff. 

Those sets would be a dream.  I'm sucker for those shows over Nitro and Thunder because of the odd match-ups and appearances.  I always loved that futuristic, sci-fi designed Saturday Night set and the show open too.

• Like 1