DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] 3RB: CESARO vs. BAYLEY

RIPPA

MM16: 3rd RDB - CESARO vs. BAYLEY  

122 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

Aw, man, I feel bad voting against Cesaro in this one.  But IT'S BAAAAYLEEEEEEYYY!!! (attempted announcer intro, don't judge me)

Oh, but I must judge. 4 and a half snowflakes.

Sorry, can't give the full five unless there's an accompanying giant inflatable arm(y) gif. Ambience counts for something.

• Like 1

There were really only 3 TV matches in the past year that really drew me in and made me forget all my "smart fan" bullshit. Cesaro vs Cena was one of them. Unfortunately for the swiss superman, Bayley vs Sasha were the other 2. As much as I love the guy, I gotta vote Bayley.

Cesaro literally carried ZZ to a watchable match on live TV.

They needed someone who could have matches with untrained goofs on live TV without destroying his own credibility and Cesaro was that man. He missed his calling destroying pasty job guys at Techwood studio.

Bayley has spent nearly all of her time since the iron man match wrestling barely trained workers, and making them look good.

Cesaro literally carried ZZ to a watchable match on live TV.

They needed someone who could have matches with untrained goofs on live TV without destroying his own credibility and Cesaro was that man. He missed his calling destroying pasty job guys at Techwood studio.

Bayley has spent nearly all of her time since the iron man match wrestling barely trained workers, and making them look good.

Names.

Aw, man, I feel bad voting against Cesaro in this one. But IT'S BAAAAYLEEEEEEYYY!!! (attempted announcer intro, don't judge me)

Oh, but I must judge. 4 and a half snowflakes.

Sorry, can't give the full five unless there's an accompanying giant inflatable arm(y) gif. Ambience counts for something.

~~:)~~

Can we really describe any of Nia, Alexa, or Carmella "barely trained"? Cause all of them have been at the performance center for at least a year, many of them 2 or 3.

Like I get wanting to improve Bayley's argument, but they are more trained then some 2-3 year vets.

Well, Carmella is barely competent, Eva has become a great heel but remains piping hot garbage in the ring, and Nia is still super green. Alexa is fine. Still a little unpolished but pretty good.

Regardless, none of them are a Sasha or Emma. They're not even a Dana or a Charlotte. Yet she still got good to great matches out of all of them.

Last part is debatable. Nia Jax came out of that match looking far worse and her aura was greatly diminished.

Mostly because there was no reason for Nia to lose the way she did. The problem was more on the booking and whoever thought that finish was a good idea.

• Like 1