DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] 3RB: CHRIS HERO vs. ASUKA

RIPPA

MM16: 3rd RDB - CHRIS HERO vs. ASUKA  

111 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

Back in August, I went to a show at my local leisure centre and sat through a wretched 15 minute Hero/Tommy End match that consisted of two guys with "great striker" gimmicks getting nearly every blow no-sold. Nothing I saw Asuka do made me want to stab myself in the eyes, so she wins.

Back in August, I went to a show at my local leisure centre and sat through a wretched 15 minute Hero/Tommy End match that consisted of two guys with "great striker" gimmicks getting nearly every blow no-sold.

So like this?

hOsxMQ.gif

1E0SIo.gif

I don't hate either wrestler.

I've see a bunch of Hero this year that I liked.

I've only seen the tip of the iceberg with Asuka and I still can't look away from the screen when she's on. Her mystique and the aura of danger she exudes is straight up wrasslin' magic.

Asuka get my vote here.

Exactly like that. If I stared at those GIF's for 15 minutes, it'd basically be that match.

Those are from PWG's Don't Sweat the Technique show from March 2015

So it sounds like they did a very similar match for you UK folk

• Like 1

Oh, and my youngest daughter (and a newly minted wrestling fanatic) asked for her first wrestling t-shirt and it was an Askua shirt. That gave her some cred as well.

• Like 1

I've seen a lot more Hero that I enjoyed in the voting period. Asuka is awesome, don't get me wrong, but it's been mostly NXT squashes with only a few competitive matches thrown in.

I don't hate either wrestler.

I've see a bunch of Hero this year that I liked.

I've only seen the tip of the iceberg with Asuka and I still can't look away from the screen when she's on. Her mystique and the aura of danger she exudes is straight up wrasslin' magic.

Asuka get my vote here.

"'Cause he's fat!" Hahahaha, voted Asuka.

• Like 5

Back in August, I went to a show at my local leisure centre and sat through a wretched 15 minute Hero/Tommy End match that consisted of two guys with "great striker" gimmicks getting nearly every blow no-sold.

So like this?

hOsxMQ.gif

1E0SIo.gif

Counterpoint

tumblr_mjruju8WM61r7d08vo8_250.gif

Your counterpoint is a strike exchange where both participants sell the impact but fight through to keep going?

I mean, it's a great case for Asuka but I don't know if that's a counterpoint.

Asuka easy for me. She's been magnetic this year.

I'd vote for a cat wrestling a ball of yarn before I'd vote for Hero. I'd vote for an apartment wrestler before I'd vote for Hero. I'd vote for an ant wrestling his way out of a dab of honey before I'd vote for Chris Hero. ect ect  ect.

I'd vote for a cat wrestling a ball of yarn before I'd vote for Hero. I'd vote for an apartment wrestler before I'd vote for Hero. I'd vote for an ant wrestling his way out of a dab of honey before I'd vote for Chris Hero. ect ect  ect.

What if he was bracketed against Dean Ambrose?  Would you vote for Hero then?

Ambrose by a mile. It's because faces move faster than heels. heels move faster than slugs. and slugs move faster than Hero. I love 99 percent of the wrestling I watch but I draw the line at Chris Hero. Sorry for the hate post.

• Like 1