DVDVR Message Board

2016-2017 NCAA BASKETBALL THREAD

RIPPA

Rutgers is a job that should be good but just seems like a shitshow.

Travis Ford finally got officially fired. The rumor on the OSU boards is that Pickens will open the checkbook for Gregg Marshall, but they said that shit about Bill Self before they hired Ford.

Steve Pikiell is going from Stony Brook to Rutgers

God help him

I would think he would have better options. Rutgers is probably the worst job from any major conference.

Jamie Dixon is either strongly considering the TCU job, or using it as leverage to get a raise from Pitt.  TCU is reportedly willing to double his current salary.

Things moved fast and he's on his way to TCU! As a Pitt fan I'm happy to see him go, thanks TCU, Wisconsin, Arizona State and Stanford for taking mediocre football and basketball coaches off our hands.

Good for Haase, he did some good things in a bad situation at UAB, and I always like to see a former Jayhawk do good.

Every Kentucky player is declaring for the draft, all the way down to the walk-ons.  They're taking advantage of the new (old) rule that lets them withdraw and retain their eligibility up to 10 days after the combine.

10 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Good for Haase, he did some good things in a bad situation at UAB, and I always like to see a former Jayhawk do good.

Every Kentucky player is declaring for the draft, all the way down to the walk-ons.  They're taking advantage of the new (old) rule that lets them withdraw and retain their eligibility up to 10 days after the combine.

O/U on players forgetting to withdraw within the limit: 2.5

UW-Milwaukee fired Rob Jeter after 9 years.  Not because he was doing a bad job, but because the new AD (the 6th the school has had during his tenure) just didn't like him.

These kind of decisions always work out well, right?

So.... Tyler Summitt (Pat Summitt's son) resigned as women's basketball coach of Louisiana Tech

He basically admitted the reason was he cheated on his wife

But NESN upped the stakes by saying that - he got one of his players pregnant

http://nesn.com/2016/04/report-tyler-summitt-resigns-as-louisiana-tech-coach-after-impregnating-player/

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So.... Tyler Summitt (Pat Summitt's son) resigned as women's basketball coach of Louisiana Tech

He basically admitted the reason was he cheated on his wife

But NESN upped the stakes by saying that - he got one of his players pregnant

http://nesn.com/2016/04/report-tyler-summitt-resigns-as-louisiana-tech-coach-after-impregnating-player/

Pat Summitt's kid is also only 25 coaching a woman's team. He's probably 4 years older than his players. That's insane to me.

So this is fun

Arkansas Little-Rock's Chris Beard agreed to coach UNLV a week ago

Problem was it took the Board of Regents 11 days to ratify his contract

So during that time - Texas Tech swooped in and hired Beard (who had spent 10 years as an assistant in Lubbock)

And the Tech job was only suddenly open because of Tubby leaving for Memphis

• Like 1