DVDVR Message Board

[DVDVR] WELCOME TO DEATH VALLEY DRIVER VIDEO REVIEW ISSUE #176

RIPPA

Sure why not...

http://deathvalleydriver.com/2016/03/13/dvdvr176/

MR. GANNOSUKE~! is back! MR. GANNESUKKE~! is a guy Dean made up in his head~! We heart GENICHIRO TENRYU~! YUJI KITO~! has a weird career path~! The HART FOUNDATION~! will be here~! RYAN UPIN~! IRON MIKE SHARPE~! TOSHIYUKI SAKUDA~! Too much CRUSH~! According to CAGEMATCH~! this is DVDVR #176~!

• Like 3

Just had a quick read trough, good stuff as always.

As for Juyi Kito he's had way more matches than that, I have seen him on shows from BRAVES ( SPWF off shoot), Hokuto Pro, Eagle Pro ( at least I think that was him ) and I swear I've seen him in other small indies.

Wrestling database has 250 matches listed for him and I'm sure that's missing a bunch.

http://wrestlingdata.com/index.php?befehl=bios&wrestler=14154&bild=1&details=7

• Like 1

Just had a quick read trough, good stuff as always.

As for Juyi Kito he's had way more matches than that, I have seen him on shows from BRAVES ( SPWF off shoot), Hokuto Pro, Eagle Pro ( at least I think that was him ) and I swear I've seen him in other small indies.

Wrestling database has 250 matches listed for him and I'm sure that's missing a bunch.

http://wrestlingdata.com/index.php?befehl=bios&wrestler=14154&bild=1&details=7

I am sooooo going to spill a lot of ink cross-referencing the two databases.  I will be even more annoying.

• Like 2

You gotta wonder how the FMW match between Vader and Shamrock came about only a couple months after the WWF one. Vince wasn't a promoter who could exactly afford to loan guys out in those days (or maybe he did it because Onita could afford to pay to keep the lights on). Also, somebody needs to put that match online again, just because I want to see Shamrock spitting up blood. 

God, I love the fact that Savage took the mic from the announcer just to say "OHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHH" for the easy pop. Nakamura has to steal that idea in WWE. I also loved Savage's "HOW ABOUT THAT?!" and Tenryu's "FUCK YOU"

Watching the end to this I'm wondering if it was building up to that crazy Tenryu/Yatsu match where brain fluid starts spurting out of Tenryu's ear. And also: Tenryu is as tall as Tonga? Wow.

I was going to review the quasi follow up which was Tenryu/Savage vs. Haku/Yatsu but that video was yanked off of DM. It is just as wacky thought not as wacky

And I say quasi follow up because before that match happens - there is a guantlet match with those teams and some other random WWE teams that you can find on DM

Ah you mentione Style-E, they were so indy that while you do get a cheap DVD box with cover, the DVD-R it self has no fucking cover.

So that kind of makes it slightly better than getting SPWC or similar indy sleaze groups and some NEO releases, DVD-R releases which just have some piece of "stick it" with the name and date of the show on it.

• Like 1

• RIPPA unpinned this topic