DVDVR Message Board

In Memorium 2016

odessasteps

Also 93 was John Mclaughlin of The McGlaughlin Group who died today. I just posted about being surprised he was still hosting last week and that seems to have triggered a sudden illness. So my bad, I guess.

He hosted that show from 1982 until last Sunday.  This Sunday was the first show he missed in those 34 years.

He was a conservative nut back when that just meant favoring supply side and he was a huge part of my Sunday mornings as a way-too-concerned-with-poiltics child.

• Like 3

Michael Leader, best known as the "clumsy Stormtrooper" who bumped his head on a Death Star door in the original "Star Wars", has died.

He appeared on other sci-fi shows like "Doctor Who" and "Blake's 7", and has played the neighborhood milkman on the UK soap "EastEnders" throughout its 31-year run (not earning his first speaking role on the series until 2001!).

Jon Polito, best known for Homicide: Life on the Street and Miller's Crossing (along with just about every other Coen brothers movie) has passed away.  

He was one of the great character actors and always came through when you needed a sleazy bald guy.

Damn it. I loved Polito. As possibly the only Blankman fan, I thought he was a great villain. I was also really hyped when he showed up on It's Always Sunny as Frank's brother since he was sort of bobo Danny Devito. 

Also:

"I'm a brother Sheamus."

"What is that, like an Irish monk?"

2 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Damn it. I loved Polito. As possibly the only Blankman fan, I thought he was a great villain. I was also really hyped when he showed up on It's Always Sunny as Frank's brother since he was sort of bobo Danny Devito. 

Also:

"I'm a brother Sheamus."

"What is that, like an Irish monk?"

You have company, bro.

• Like 2

Frick. Polito was amazing, one of my all time faves :( Hidden classic performance of his was on the Chris Isaak Show where he showed up as Rhonda, winner of the Win A Dream Date With Chris Isaak contest. First time I ever saw him was in The Freshman and he was brilliant. "These men are FIENDS, Mr. Kellogg!"