DVDVR Message Board

In Memorium 2016

odessasteps

The worst part about Yelchin's death is that there's ample evidence his Jeep is part of a recall program where "unconventional gear shifter led to several documented rollaway accidents" starting in April, so who knows if he got the recall notice in time.

• 2 weeks later...

Though Yelchin never struck me as a guy who would have made it "HUGE~!" in Hollywood.

He was just a bit too weird and quirky. 

But he'd have definitely carved out a nice career for himself.

And dying at 27, in a freak accident through no fault of your own, is just an absolute fucking tragedy.  Man, I at least hope he didn't suffer or anything. 

Caroline Aherne, star of the Fast Show, the Royle Family and the Mrs Merton show died from cancer at age 52. RIP.

I took one semester of a film class and for a couple of weeks we focused on Cimino, more specifically Heaven's Gate. I had a fascination with the film for months after until I could finally get my hands on it and see it foe the first time.

He is someone that definitely deserves his own thread, but I hated to hear about Abbas Kiarostami's passing yesterday.

All of his films have been on my pile of shame for quite some time. I will probably finally watch Close-Up this week.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, jstout said:

"Never mind that shit, here comes Mongo."

"Not only was it authentic frontier gibberish, it expressed a courage little seen in this day and age."

Oh blow it out your ass, Howard!

• Like 3