DVDVR Message Board

In Memorium 2016

odessasteps

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 7:50 PM, odessasteps said:

RIP Sylvia Anderson, co-producer of all those Gerry Andersons projects and voice of Lady Penelope, age 88

http://youtu.be/9amxBT90CIA

And today is her birthday.  I have the complete series of UFO primed on my YouTube playlist for next week.

RIP

14 hours ago, piranesi said:

It's kind of amazing how on seeing the picture in that article I was immediately whistling the theme song of a show I probably haven't seen (like anywhere...does anyone have the rights to it even?) in legit approaching 30 years.

I actually have the "Soap" theme stuck in my head now, amusingly enough.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 9:30 AM, Cliff Hanger said:

Gareth Thomas, the Blake of Blake's 7, has died at 71.

This hurts a lot.  I grew up watching Hitchiker's Guide and Blake's 7 on late night public television as a kid.

Such an influential show and so very important to the legacy of sci-fi.

RIP.

It's weird to think how long ago that show was.  I remember hearing someone talk about it when I was on line for the Thunder River at Six Flags over Mid America with my then girlfriend and now wife of 12 fucking years.

And now that made me look up Six Flags over mid America to see the fate of all my favorite rides:

Jet Scream 1981 -1988 Schwarzkopf Looping Star Was located in USA section, where Batman: The Ride is located today.

Replaced Super Sports Car Ride.

Indirectly replaced by Ninja, ride moved to Six Flags Astroworld where it operated as Viper until the park closed in 2005, then the ride was scrapped.

On 4/14/2016 at 8:30 AM, Cliff Hanger said:

Gareth Thomas, the Blake of Blake's 7, has died at 71.

I guess I haven't been online in a bit, but this news crushes me. Blake's 7 is one of the shows that was so influential to so many later space operas.

The dialogue and crew interactions on the show were spot on. 

Damn, 71.

R.I.P. Mr Thomas 

FUCK. My gf and I were JUST watching his standup special tonight and we remarked to each other that we hoped Patton wouldn't die anytime soon and then I see this happened. Fuck. So sad.