DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] R2D: PENTAGON JR. vs. YOUNG BUCKS

RIPPA

MM16: 2nd RDD - PENTAGON JR vs. YOUNG BUCKS  

97 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

• PENTAGON JR
    • YOUNG BUCKS (Matt & Nick)

I hated the Bucks for such a long time, but recently I figured them out. They are kayfabe in a post kayfabe world. They do the borrowed taunts and spam moves and add uneccesary flips because jerks like me will over analyze it and hate them. It's a brilliant twist on getting heat when people who are good at being traditional heels get cheers now from smark crowds.

I think, if you're a Young Bucks fan, you should vote Pentagon. They want heel heat so you shouldn't support them.

Besides you know what's better than a post-modern re-wiring of how heels should be? This asshole:

http://youtu.be/tKXKl6K-J2U

Vote Pentagon: It's What The Young Bucks Would Want and He's Better

• Like 2

Jim Cornette also hates Lucha Underground, so you know, equality. 

I'm starting to wonder if Pentagon has a legitimate shot against Bayley. I think he might. And if he beats her, I think he could win the entire thing.

If he beats her the tournament is over because the board will no longer be functional

• Like 1

I really like Pentagon Jr, I dig his Cero Mideo gimmick, but he seems over rated in general.  He was great in the brawl w Vampiro, and has had some good matches this year, but nothing that stands out in my mind.  I watched the Prince Puma match last night, and Puma outshines him in every way possible.  That's not really a knock on Pentagon, but Puma is just that fn good.  Without a doubt Prince Puma was the best wrestler in LU Season 1, and is the guy to beat for WOTY I think.  Pentagon has a Great gimmick, the arm breaking thing is super over, but still no in-ring classics that i've seen to back him up. 

I'm kind of surprised the Bucks are getting beaten so badly, they're one of the best teams out there, but they do take a lot of heat for being so goofy and the Lucha contingent is strong here.

The Bucks are fine when they're forced to work outside of their comfort zone. They had a match against the Hardys a couple of years ago that was a more traditional, Southern-style match than what they usually do. And it was pretty great. Unfortunately, that's not their shtick. They're spot-monkeys. Self-aware spot-monkeys, sure, but spot-monkeys nonetheless. There's a place for that sort of thing in wrestling, and as much as I enjoy that sort of match from time to time (I loves me some RVD vs Jerry Lynn), it's not exactly compelling, you know?

Pentagon Jr is compelling as hell, though. I've only been a fan of his for less than a year, but goddamn, my eyes are glued to the screen whenever he shows up.