DVDVR Message Board

[SEPTEMBER] WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

Territorial

Posted Image

Ox Baker, looking less scary than usual.

Every time I see this photo I get the giggles because it looks like he's auditioning for American Idol. I picture him belting out "Girl on Fire" in a falsetto.

I imagine he's giving a speech running for student council vice president. 

WE NEED MORE MONEY FOR BANNERS DURING SPIRIT WEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!

I've been at this school for twenty-seven years. 

I KNOW ABOUT BANNERRRRRRSSSSSS!!!!!

• Like 1

There's some interesting ones on there (I got a chuckle out of Audrey Hepburn as Macho Man for some reason), but I think it's hard to top the Dutch picture.

Though there are some nice Bowie ones on there, The Green Bastard might do it for me.

Posted Image

• Like 3

I own two of Schamberger's prints: the Savage one and the Eddie one. They're amazing. I gave the Undertaker "21-0" as a gift to my best friend and he was speechless.

That the gentleman who got into an automobile accident not too long ago and had some of his art destroyed?

I own two of Schamberger's prints: the Savage one and the Eddie one. They're amazing. I gave the Undertaker "21-0" as a gift to my best friend and he was speechless.

That the gentleman who got into an automobile accident not too long ago and had some of his art destroyed?

Yes the accident was WrestleMania weekend but I think he was able to ultimately recover or recreate most of it. I remember his tweets after getting back home 'Mania weekend talked about feverishly re-doing some that were destroyed.

A bit of background here.  In 1969 Verne Gagne tried (unsuccessfully) to invade the Los Angeles territory.  This is the card from his first (only?) show, which actually drew 3000 but that was much less than Mike LeBell was drawing regularly. 

Posted Image

And if anyone cares, the most expensive tickets were about $32 in 2013 money.  Such a deal.

• Like 2

A bit of background here.  In 1969 Verne Gagne tried (unsuccessfully) to invade the Los Angeles territory.  This is the card from his first (only?) show, which actually drew 3000 but that was much less than Mike LeBell was drawing regularly. 

Posted Image

And if anyone cares, the most expensive tickets were about $32 in 2013 money.  Such a deal.

Two things:

1) I love the face Bruiser is giving

2)Astro-ette is one of the best wrestler names I've ever heard, male or female. Even if it is slightly dated.