DVDVR Message Board

[SEPTEMBER] WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

Territorial

Posted Image

Remember how this turned out at Royal Rumble 2003? Bloody hell.

That was my all-time favorite trainwreck match. HHH audibly calling spots while trying to drag a blown-up Steiner to the finish line by bumping around HBK-style; Steiner doing the same suplex like eight times to increasing boos each time, ultimately collapsing in a crumpled heap after trying a different suplex...

The build-up was fun too, as HHH got to live out his fantasy of working a Ric Flair-style program by stealing every gimmick from the Flair playbook (dramatic oversell of an arm wrestling contest, getting stripped out of his suit and left in his underwear, etc)  

We're in full agreement.

• Like 1

Oh, wow!  I thought this place died a couple of months ago!  Couldn't remember my old credentials, but I would lurk on here and drop off my scans from Drop ToeHold from time to time.  On this second go-around, I've got a new name and scans from my new website WCWworldwide:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 9

Whilst rummaging thru a box of stuff I came across one of those tiny but thick Japanese rassling annuals (from 1983) and because I love I share...

Posted Image

This is a meme in the making. One of you savvy kids make some nice graphics for this, like "[aspect of modern wrestling] MAKES BRODY WEEP".

Posted Image

Baba CHOP!

Posted Image

Why is no one doing this classy over-the-knee backbreaker/cobra clutch combo? Submissions are coming back, baby, someone assign this to one of the WWE up and comers, por favor. Any info on the history of this move?

Posted Image

There can never be enuff SD manga Abby pics in the world for my tastes.

Posted Image

Brodydriver. 'Nuff said.

I have ephemera I don't even know I own,

RAF

• Like 2