DVDVR Message Board

[SEPTEMBER] WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

Territorial

Weird thing to notice I guess, and I've never noticed it before, but looking at Piper and Warrior, is it common for wrestlers to wear their wedding rings when working?

Some guys do. It used to be fairly common you'd see it taped down, in fact.

I can't for the life of me figure out what Cena is supposed to be selling.

I think this was post Angle freaks out and injures him with an Ankle Lock.

It could just be the glowing fists (and thanks for the repost of that btw).

Carrying this over from the last photo thread since I didn't get to reply before it was locked (and there's Gary Hart conversation going on here to boot)... I'm pretty sure in Hart's book he claims that One Man Gang originally got his skull tattoos before his WCCW run, and that it said "Kerry" on one side and "Kevin" on the other. Gang might have gotten them altered since then and Hart could just be kayfabing in the book, but I'd like to believe it's true regardless.

Either that or Repo Man. 50+ year old dudes should not be wearing bondage gear. Just no.

Speaking of OMG, last time I saw him live was at an ECW house show in like '98. I don't recall him being on their Tv so I have no clue what that was all about. He was selling that same shirt, tho.

I actually think Hall looks pretty good. He's aged facially but last I saw him he was huge, probably nearing three bills. Time at the Accountability Crib really slimmed him down.

Finally, that Sullivan/Hart/Lewin pic + TV show idea was brilliant. That needs to be on HBO like yesterday.

Either that or Repo Man. 50+ year old dudes should not be wearing bondage gear. Just no.Speaking of OMG, last time I saw him live was at an ECW house show in like '98. I don't recall him being on their Tv so I have no clue what that was all about. He was selling that same shirt, tho.I actually think Hall looks pretty good. He's aged facially but last I saw him he was huge, probably nearing three bills. Time at the Accountability Crib really slimmed him down.Finally, that Sullivan/Hart/Lewin pic + TV show idea was brilliant. That needs to be on HBO like yesterday.

IIRC Heyman brought OMG in mainly to put Spike Dudley over.

Although looking at Wrestlingdata.com he was there for like 3 months, but was basically a JTTS.

Yeah, he jobbed to Spike at the show. I guess he was brought in to put over the Giant Killer gimmick around the loop. I just remember him coming out and thinking it was such an odd random guy to appear at ECW. It had been like 10 years since he had any sort of national exposure. I never really cared for OMG.

I was a total Akeem mark, tho. Sucks that John Cena stole his gimmick...

• Like 1

Yeah, he jobbed to Spike at the show. I guess he was brought in to put over the Giant Killer gimmick around the loop. I just remember him coming out and thinking it was such an odd random guy to appear at ECW. It had been like 10 years since he had any sort of national exposure. I never really cared for OMG.I was a total Akeem mark, tho. Sucks that John Cena stole his gimmick...

It was only a few years. He had a run in WCW with the DoD.

Yeah he was on a ton of ECW house shows in 98/99. He had good matches every time out. He had a house show match with Shane Douglas I enjoyed. Heyman had a severe case of big timers disease and never used Gang right. Personally I would have had him beat up Bam Bam and took his place in the Triple Threat. It is a shame that OMG never got a real run after WCW. Guy was huge with a great look and could bump like crazy while bleeding buckets. He had a tryout with Vince in 98 and they passed on him. I would have loved Gang and Bossman as Vince's enforcers.