DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] R2D: LA SOMBRA vs. NEW DAY

RIPPA

MM16: 2nd RDD - LA SOMBRA vs. NEW DAY  

99 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

• LA SOMBRA
    • NEW DAY (Big E, Kofi Kingston, Xavier Woods)

This is such an apples-to-oranges matchup. New Day are BITW at wacky hijinks, and they integrate the wackiness into their matches without compromising badassitude.

La Sombra is better at wrestling matches, though. When I think about New Day, I think about a particular promo, or something they did IN a match, not the match itself.

If I had a choice to watch a New Day match or a La Sombra match, I'd pick the latter, but I'd probably pick a really good New Day PROMO over all of them.

Really, I think the only things in wrestling I'd pick over a really good New Day promo are anything involving Asuka and a doctor announcing that he had cured CTE and Daniel Bryan can wrestle again.

I still don't know who to vote for and now I'm sad again.

Voted for New Day. It's remarkable how far they've come. Kofi became a guy I actively hated in the ring to a guy that I think could be a main eventer. My faith in Big E has been renewed as he's finally been able to let his personality on promos and in the ring shine through. They've been such a joy to watch.

Are they as good in ring as La Sombra? No way, but they're pretty damn good. That, combined with their promos, backstage segments, YouTube stuff, WWE Network stuff, etc. make them my pick.

Heeeeey, I voted Neeeeewww Day!!!!

I love La Sombra, but New Day are proof that you can take a failing gimmick and if given free reign can make gold.  Can you imagine if they didn't let them be crazier versions of themselves?  That would have sucked.  But the wackiness is super effective, and they've ran wild with the opportunities they've been given.

On top of that, all three were dead in the water when this started.  The fact that this made Kofi not only relevant again but worlds better than what he was before says a lot.  I'll be sad when they breakup, but they'll have much better singles runs as a result of this.

I couldn't understand half of what they were saying and considered stopping it at various points.  But that video was pretty damn funny so I'm glad I did.

When I see the freedom they get to do all they do, I really wish they'd give even a quarter of that creative freedom to more people.  I'm a fan of wrestlers being themselves but turned up to 11 and I wish more people had the chance to do that.

So I love Big E. I've been complaining since his first depush that he should be a main event guy. He has the look, the charisma, and the in ring skills.

I HATED Kofi and Woods. Thought they were terrible in every aspect. I wanted to hate the New Day for dragging Big E down with them. But instead they all rose up and became something more amazing than they were apart. They made me a fan when I wanted to hate them.

What's more pro wrestling than that?

Man I could watch matches with La Sombra and Rush interacting with each other all day long. 

I enjoy New Day so much, but Sombra is so fucking good.  Like Rippa was saying, I seriously can't wait for him to get "called up" to NXT tv.